Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

We should be grateful to lynx in giving us the ability to work as a indentured laborer for the rest of our lives.

And beyond, thanks Obama cloning vats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous was neat. Spent 70 hours on a playthrough and that was with modding more units in the crusade mode late in the game when I couldn't be arsed to grind it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Arrath posted:

And beyond, thanks Obama cloning vats.

I'm just going to pretend to be surprised when the big reveal is "oops you never actually get your freedom we just make another clone"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mustang posted:

I would recommend it yeah, my problem with the base game is by the second half of the game you're so strong that nothing is even remotely a challenge which made me not care about doing anything but the main story.

If you're planning on wanting to do all of the shrines, enjoy upgrading armor, and want to pay more attention to the cooking system I would definitely recommend playing it in master mode instead. The world is more interesting to explore when there's actually some risk involved too. Like some of the mobs of enemies in master mode are brutally difficult if you just run straight in and try to fight something.

There's a TON of detail in the world of BOTW but there's not really much of an incentive to find that out if you can just mindlessly slash your way to victory.

yeah, i blasted through my normal mode playthrough and made master mode my "official" play.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm just going to pretend to be surprised when the big reveal is "oops you never actually get your freedom we just make another clone"

Yeah this, why would Lynx give you your freedom when they seem to basically be gods?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Is Best Buy any good for gaming laptops these days?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They sell the same laptops as anyone else. They have more selection in-store than they used to.

I'm glad I got my Zephyrus G14 through them; when it needed a warranty repair I just dropped it off at the store and let them handle it instead of dealing with the manufacturer.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Patware posted:

Is Best Buy any good for gaming laptops these days?

thats where i got mine, they can be decent with deals and such. Also keep an eye for open box stuff via the website

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
They price match too. As long as the model number is the exact same.

If you have a microcenter just go there instead

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I like Costco and their return policy for what models of laptops they carry.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The gaming laptop "scene" right now is the G14, because its too good.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Costco is worth checking right now because if they put your model on sale within 90 days, they refund you the difference. I bought a Surface right after Christmas a few years back and they put it on sale mid-Feb.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

I'm gonna trade my 2021 for a 2022 model. I love this thing but I cannot resist the 16:10

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maingear vcp17 slaps though.

Got this from microcenter for about $2000, it's more powerful than my drat desktop.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

can confirm, my 2021 with a 3060 is rock solid and not stupid looking

lack of good stickerbombing area though

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

REPUBLIC OF GAMERS

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Patware posted:

REPUBLIC OF GAYMERS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
:colbert: that is just rude and you should have grown out of it in the 90's.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

TheWeedNumber posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is the second time you've been probated for using gay as a slur. Figure it the gently caress out or go somewhere else with that poo poo because it won't be tolerated here.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

can confirm, my 2021 with a 3060 is rock solid and not stupid looking

lack of good stickerbombing area though

That starman sticker is dope :3:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gonna walk the Path of Exile and murder a mountain again

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Man, so much cool poo poo comes out this month, I don't know what in gonna play.
I've got the Guild wars 2 expac preordered, and that drops in the 28th. Really thinking about getting Elden Ring for launch day, I wasn't digging the idea of open world Dark Souls, but the more I think about it, it seems hella cool to explore a new world like that before people really know all the secrets. Also being able to figure out the good twink builds and spots in that brief window before the sweaty dudes ruin it could be fun too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Total Warhammer 3 is this month. Did I say this month? I meant in two weeks.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Snowrunner is dumb chill fun, and I can't really explain it. You just drive trucks around slowly, and try not to get stuck in the mud.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Godholio posted:

Snowrunner is dumb chill fun, and I can't really explain it. You just drive trucks around slowly, and try not to get stuck in the mud.

It's a puzzle game and the pieces are big trucks from the 60's thru the 80's.
I haven't played a ton lately, but it's so good.
It's also good coop, even if it's basically cheat mode.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Total Warhammer 3 is this month. Did I say this month? I meant in two weeks.

i think i might actually take the dive on the total warhammer games, let me know how it is when it comes out.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'll definitely be getting Warhammer 3 as well, but also really looking forward to Elden Ring.

This year I've beaten Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, currently working my way through Sekiro, should be done just in time for Elden Ring.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I completely missed that there was a Total Warhammer 3 coming. Anybody got any recommendations for reading up on the changes/additions over 2? Never been a big warhammer nerd but the total warhammer games were both massive timesinks for me.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

they've improved basically everything and it looks dope as gently caress

i dunno what else to say

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

they've improved basically everything and it looks dope as gently caress

i dunno what else to say

thats plenty to say though, appreciate the headsup

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It focuses more on Chaos and also introduces Kislev and Cathay (fantasy Russia and China) which are two completely new armies. It looks really, really good.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It focuses more on Chaos and also introduces Kislev and Cathay (fantasy Russia and China) which are two completely new armies. It looks really, really good.

Love chaos but also love the sound of those other additions. I don't do warhammer fantasy at all but this is enough to get me to take the dive. Thank you.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

That starman sticker is dope :3:

etsy is a treasure trove of dope stickers

like my dusty rhodes one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9py4aMK3aIU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.etsy.com/listing/776135090

heres the starman one if you wanna cop it

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/776135090

heres the starman one if you wanna cop it

man that's loving throwback. thank you fam

also figured this was relevant since gaming

old friend how i missed you

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 6, 2022

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wait what is going on with Mario Kart

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Wait what is going on with Mario Kart

I had to go see what you were talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uZDbDoDAq4&t=4s

"" posted:

Featuring 48 remastered courses from throughout the Mario Kart series to be released over six waves, burn rubber with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass paid DLC!

First course bundle drops March 18. $24.99 for 48 freaking courses. Why didn't they do this earlier? There have been rumors swirling about the next Mario Kart being announced this year, I wonder if this will affect that.

edit: oh gently caress there was a direct today. CHRONO CROSS REMASTER BAY BEEEEEE, Earthbound and Beginnings for the SNES emulator

Wrong Theory fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 10, 2022

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you get the mario kart dlc for free with switch online + expansion pak btw.

also fuckin earthbound is out now so update snes online

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Expansion Pack enabled, good to go. Amped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you also get the n64/genesis games and animal crossing dlc for free too