Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"wife guy but you are your own wife" sounds like some sort of extremely online zen koan about self esteem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

fuctifino posted:

My mum used to say "I don't do politics", yet she used to volunteer as a poll clerk for the electoral commission, used to be a member of the local Conservative club, digested all the far right opinions over the decade and VOTED TORY IN EVERY ELECTION.

But she doesn't do politics, like....

TBF that is a bit different to most people that dont do politics, they're just kind of politically inert (?) then probably vote tory whereas she was fully an actual tory , i dunno, activist? seems wrong to use that terminology.

Me mam worked for the nhs her whole life but would always have voted tory because of her upbringing and father and friends. The first time she didnt was for corbyn in her 60s but you'll all probably consider her a FBPE worth only for the wall

its the queens post? VVV so presumably shes in line for a telling off

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 2, 2022

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Gonzo McFee posted:

I swear if they even touch a hair on sweet Ian's head I'll kick off

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Plus I'm assuming your mum doesn't have columns in several newspapers, a couple million twitter followers and a job presenting a TV show.

They're the most annoying dipshits, the ones who moan about having to pay attention to politics but they're absolutely certain that lifelong human rights campaigner Jermnany Corblyn is an antisemite, and spread that to everyone who listens to them.

The amount of damage that kind of person has done to the political landscape is devastating, but because they think they're not 'doing politics' they don't realise the harm they cause.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 2, 2022

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hahaha, loving hell

https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1488922044657975297

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/130291010730340352

And to think I've deleted tweets for accidentally putting a double space in it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol wtf is this?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

kecske posted:

I bet 'the older generation' we have to celebrate and support will start at 60 or so

About time .... (she says as 62nd birthday is on the not far off horizon..... )

:corsair:

Jae relieving her youth... ready for the moshpit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du3LJtqLALQ

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Well they did fight in two world wars for our freedom, we should definitely be doing more for them like removing VAT on Jeremy Clarkson DVDs.

Only if they're over 90 years old now (even someone 14 lying about their age to sign up near the end of WW2 would be over 90 now).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 2, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I saw dads army on tv which means I basically fought the war

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

I saw dads army on tv which means I basically fought the war

I fought the war and the war won.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol wtf is this?

It's either Britain's nuclear codes or the Sue Gray report.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Nenonen posted:

It's either Britain's nuclear codes or the Sue Gray report.

It would have been all his confidential briefings re: Ukraine and Russia, as well as other very secret things. You don't take those sorts of things inside a foreign government building.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 3, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't believe the russians might get the impression that our government are idiots.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Either that or they had wind the Ukrainians had arranged for an attractive woman to sit on Boris' table for dinner.
Which was a tactic used by China a lot when Boris was Mayor of London.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

was that like miss moneypenny or something

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I think she was called Miss Honeypott.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The FCO employ a *huge* amount of mid-level staff - almost exclusively women - whose entire job is pretty much this sort of thing, running frantically around after senior politicians when they're abroad making sure they're not leaving all the MI6 briefings about what other nation's politicians like to get up to in the bedroom out and open on the table. That and regularly reminding them not to Do The Accent, something that often isn't even (intentionally) racist but posh Anglophones absolutely do seem to believe that they're helping the translator or the English-speaking foreigner by doing a sub-'Allo 'Allo voice. "Babysitting" as a term for this kind of work is only about 10% a joke.

(source: an acquaintance of mine who was one of those women, and who I would ply with drink because when she'd had a few she would start telling tales about the trip to Canada, and I was *sure* there was something juicy in there because every once in a while she'd stop and look guilty and change the subject. Alas more drink just made her all gushy about Justin Trudeau)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I keep reading FCO as the Financial Conduct Orthority and I wish I would stop.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

I think she was called Miss Honeypott.

The running joke was that whenever a Chinese company (or the Govt) wanted to get planning permission, or seal a trade deal, they'd invite Boris to a nice meal and have him sat next to or directly opposite an attractive woman. Deals were sealed.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol wtf is this?

It's a war criminal quoting a sex pest about a war criminal sex pest.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yes mate, social media is when its piss easy and everyone and their grandma is doing it not just some nerds. Thats what the car analogy was supposed to be about.

Imagine you have a car but made out of fire

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Was Rachel Swindon the one where it turned out it was actually a dude pretending to be his ex-wife?

No she's the one who's actually some sort of weird racist who stans for some accounts who are endlessly harassing a black woman on Twitter.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Have you ever seen a more perfectly distilled example of liberal half-arse-ism in your life? The replies are full of people congratulating this guy on being brave and courageous lmao. What this says to me is "in ten days of slogging and spamming nothing has come of our hashtag campaign in real terms, but Numbers Go Up so it goes into the Success box of my melt report"...

https://twitter.com/LloydHardy/status/1489026861577428992?t=jgmFr-CWjCmoLYpe6fF73g&s=19

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Wait so Treeza said there wasn't a magic money tree, and now we find Johnson and Sunak just embezzled 40 billion Bri'ish funbucks?

gOoD tHiNg I'm n0t "1nTo" PoLitic's!,,,? awooo

i mean was she lying about the tree or

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Today I feel a bit unwell, so I have woken up early to do a lateral flow test, so that I can call in sick nice and early and spend the day alternating between taking some naps, playing some video games and occasionally checking my work emails.
LFT is negative.

I'm not sure I believe it, but I now get to run the gauntlet again; travelling on one of Greater Anglia's plague wagons - overcrowded, because they're running a 'reduced timetable' and with no effort made to enforce mask-wearing - desperately hoping that I can stave off catching covid so that I can actually go on my holiday in a couple of weeks.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/130291010730340352

And to think I've deleted tweets for accidentally putting a double space in it.

She started emulating Thatcher earlier than we thought.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

kingturnip posted:

Today I feel a bit unwell, so I have woken up early to do a lateral flow test, so that I can call in sick nice and early and spend the day alternating between taking some naps, playing some video games and occasionally checking my work emails.
LFT is negative.

I'm not sure I believe it, but I now get to run the gauntlet again; travelling on one of Greater Anglia's plague wagons - overcrowded, because they're running a 'reduced timetable' and with no effort made to enforce mask-wearing - desperately hoping that I can stave off catching covid so that I can actually go on my holiday in a couple of weeks.

there’s another horrible cold going around like last summer, i was sure i had the ‘vid last week but nope just negative after negative test so probably some bog standard rhinovirus or something

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/BJPMarshall/status/1489162691176448004?t=SVA4zxhTq7UHlPbVbBRaLA&s=19

Happenings are afoot. I'm sure this won't spiral into anything unpleasant

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/BJPMarshall/status/1489162691176448004?t=SVA4zxhTq7UHlPbVbBRaLA&s=19

One weird trick on how to get back the NI of 100 years ago.
Fenians hate him!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I guess the civil servants refused to stop the border checks between NI and the mainland.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

the NI of 100 years ago.

Narrator: The pig did not come back, and later grew to be famous for pooping on its own balls.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Guavanaut posted:

Narrator: The pig did not come back, and later grew to be famous for pooping on its own balls.

...and going on to give fellatio to a future Prime Minister.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

fuctifino posted:

...and going on to give fellatio to a future Prime Minister.
Sure David Cameron hosed a dead pig, but you're gonna have to be a lot more specific if you're talking about which PM hosed North-East Ulster

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Thanks to those who recommended the Attack of the 50ft Blockchain book recently. Very enjoyable.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

All of the articles state "If he resigns" and "He may announce his resignation", which makes me question if he's actually resigning or considering resigning, or if he's being pushed out?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kokoro Wish posted:

It's hilarious that politicians keep leaving all these little traps that rely on the PM going "Okay, I'll do that" and all Boris has to keep saying is "Hmmm... no, I don't think I will" or ignore them entirely. You have no formalized processes, you mugs, and your gentleman's agreement poo poo is a sham.

:decorum: poisoning is a hell of a drug

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

In more important news:

Shortage of KP Nuts and Hula Hoops looms after cyber-attack

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

There's literally an election in the next 90 days anyway and the DUP have threatened to collapse the government so many times in the last six months it's become a running gag.

Very obviously the DUP trying to fight the election on a footing of "we did something about the protocol see" to shore up their right flank which, according to polls, is going to the TUV

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Kokoro Wish posted:

It's hilarious that politicians keep leaving all these little traps that rely on the PM going "Okay, I'll do that" and all Boris has to keep saying is "Hmmm... no, I don't think I will" or ignore them entirely. You have no formalized processes, you mugs, and your gentleman's agreement poo poo is a sham.

100%. Even in a parallel universe where Sue Grey's report explicitly said that the PM directly broke the law multiple times, all he'd have to say is "I apologise, but I don't accept that, jumped up civil servants shouldn't be dictating the law", and the consequences would be minimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

All of the articles state "If he resigns" and "He may announce his resignation", which makes me question if he's actually resigning or considering resigning, or if he's being pushed out?

I think Johnson will resign if it looks like a leadership contest is in the offing, but not if one is actually triggered. It's an ego thing - he'll step down "undefeated" rather than risk being humiliated by a challenge, but if he's forced into a contest then the humiliation would come from running away. This is probably why the Tories are being cagey about sending in their letters; they know that he'll probably win if challenged, certainly if it reaches the membership vote, so they don't want to back the rat into a corner.