Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Busket Posket posted:

When will uniformed services start wearing thigh high socks and garter belts, like real men?

When I was in the Army we wore a full-length ball gown covered in sequins into battle. The idea was to blind the enemy with luxury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Gorilla Radio posted:

When I was in the Army we wore a full-length ball gown covered in sequins into battle. The idea was to blind the enemy with luxury.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pnx9t

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Shirt stays are also really useful for winter sports, because it can be difficult or impossible to try and adjust your base layer easily while in the elements. I find them very helpful. Oddly enough I never used them when I was in the military, although I was aware of their existence. Then again, I mostly wore coveralls.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Just lmao if you're not designing your own uniform for battle

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

im pooping! posted:

put the hot dog in my butt hole and ill poop it into ur mouth

Excellent username / av / post agreement

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

canyoneer posted:

Level 1 Dark Souls character

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

This man would whip my rear end before I could even say “nice tutu”.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's 70% of the way to a sailor moon cosplay.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Busket Posket posted:

This man would whip my rear end before I could even say “nice tutu”.

Then I'd pick a shorter safe word

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
What Catholicism does to a mfer.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LifeSunDeath posted:

What Catholicism does to a mfer.

It's a Greek uniform, you fool.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
What worshipping Zeus does to a mfer

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Paladinus posted:

It's a Greek uniform, you fool.

Oh poo poo I thought they were those zany vatican guards:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Fun fact: This suit is made out of velcro and he has to "catch" the tennis balls the pope throws at him

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Biplane posted:

I want to wear it on my balls

For half a second I thought about how ball suspenders would be a good idea for people like me who have huge dangly goat balls, but then I remembered that they already exist and they're called tighty whities and they suck.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

kazil posted:

Fun fact: This suit is made out of velcro and he has to "catch" the tennis balls the pope throws at him

LMAO

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

For half a second I thought about how ball suspenders would be a good idea for people like me who have huge dangly goat balls, but then I remembered that they already exist and they're called tighty whities and they suck.

They suck on your balls and you're complaining.
Right.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

kazil posted:

This is a good lol

Let me know when they convert a relic wall to velcro so you can do the run and jump-on-the-trampoline-and-stick-to-the-wall-in-a-funny-pose thing

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Has sound.

https://i.imgur.com/YvQgbJN.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

canyoneer posted:

What is this from

Maista
Sep 11, 2004
Does this smell like chloroform to you?
College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

What is this from

This is from his final scene of Jojo Rabbit

Maista has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Feb 2, 2022

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

lobsterminator posted:

Good moment to post Rob Brydon's testimonial for long socks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxI-pcLj9XE

That sure was a few minutes of British people talking about socks. Dunno why they included a laugh track tho

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Milo and POTUS posted:

What is this from

Jojo Rabbit. It's a good movie.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

A beam of light shines through glass of milk onto my hand and I get the pressurized gas shits.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Gorilla Radio posted:

Dazzle camouflage.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Be-Dazzle camouflage.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

kdrudy posted:

But is it grass?

yes

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

BaronVanAwesome posted:

This is a good lol

Let me know when they convert a relic wall to velcro so you can do the run and jump-on-the-trampoline-and-stick-to-the-wall-in-a-funny-pose thing

"What do we say?"
"Don't! Get! Excommunicated!"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DeadlyMuffin posted:

I always assumed that stupid stuff like this was normal in the civilian population at some point, and the uniforms didn't change with the times.

Maybe that's overly charitable though.

Yeah my grandpa used to wear similar sock suspenders in the 1980s. They were old-fashioned then.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Gorilla Radio posted:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

You have to respect a person that goes into battle in platform heels.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zil posted:

You have to respect a person that goes into battle in platform heels.

Victory to the KISS Army

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

It boggles my mind that there are humans that dress like either of these in 2022. Just putting aside any thoughts I may have on religion, I'm just astounded that these kinds of clothing are still in use after so long.

It's both weird but a bit neat to me.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DicktheCat posted:

It boggles my mind that there are humans that dress like either of these in 2022. Just putting aside any thoughts I may have on religion, I'm just astounded that these kinds of clothing are still in use after so long.

It’s not really about the uniform, it’s about representing the history of the service and the sacrifices of previous wearers of that uniform.

Nobody thinks it looks ‘good’, they are just the next link in a chain of honour stretching back potentially hundreds of years.

The pope has no excuse, that outfit is meant to look simple while actually being very expensive.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Victory to the KISS Army

Death to Gene Simmons.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EoRaptor posted:

It’s not really about the uniform, it’s about representing the history of the service and the sacrifices of previous wearers of that uniform.

Nobody thinks it looks ‘good’, they are just the next link in a chain of honour stretching back potentially hundreds of years.

The uniform was designed in 1914, by the by.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The uniform was designed in 1914, by the by.

you tellin me the country that adopted the mannlicher-schoenauer as the standard infantry rifle pre-ww1 might have been a bit extra

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alaois posted:

you tellin me the country that adopted the mannlicher-schoenauer as the standard infantry rifle pre-ww1 might have been a bit extra

I would never tell anyone that, because my keyboard has all the letters so I can type Schönauer.

e: Also the Vatican did not, so :confused:

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

DicktheCat posted:

Yes, exactly. And additionally, look on the ridiculously brightly coloured uniform on the soldier on the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I would never tell anyone that, because my keyboard has all the letters so I can type Schönauer.

e: Also the Vatican did not, so :confused:

drat i thought you were talking about the greek uniforms

ánd ï çàn alsó typé schönauer