Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

How Wonderful! posted:

mom report

my mom: got a little stoned and called me up to ask if I ever went on a sleigh ride and if I was gonna go on one this weekend, and then told me a story about her dog walking on all four legs, I forgot to ask but I bet she's gonna make chili this weekend
bingo bango's mom: doing great, seems to be eating a lot of crab cakes, gave me a large jug of kombucha from the store for unclear reasons, and made me borrow a blender for also unclear reasons

hope all your moms are thriving in this time of bad weather, check in on them and make sure they're cooking up good stuff for themselves this weekend. if you're cold, they're cold. I don't have a dad report tonight because I didn't talk to him but allegedly he was taking a nap with Criminal Minds on.

:3: that's adorable! I never had a mom figure after my mom died when I was nine so i like the stories of functional, happy relationships. I'm glad the moms are doing well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

How Wonderful! posted:

mom report

my mom: got a little stoned and called me up to ask if I ever went on a sleigh ride and if I was gonna go on one this weekend, and then told me a story about her dog walking on all four legs, I forgot to ask but I bet she's gonna make chili this weekend
bingo bango's mom: doing great, seems to be eating a lot of crab cakes, gave me a large jug of kombucha from the store for unclear reasons, and made me borrow a blender for also unclear reasons

hope all your moms are thriving in this time of bad weather, check in on them and make sure they're cooking up good stuff for themselves this weekend. if you're cold, they're cold. I don't have a dad report tonight because I didn't talk to him but allegedly he was taking a nap with Criminal Minds on.

My temp custody deal before court gets my mum to give my boy rides a couple times a week so my mum ends up seeing me and it's always nice to chat a bit and see how she is. I always try to tempt her into eating gas station pizza kuz I think it's the best hot food at 8 am.
Hasn't snowed more than a dusting this year or I'd have been called up for shovel duty like usual. Like she'd have to ask, pshh she just needs to tell me when to have the cars dug out and it'll be sorted.

Prof. Crocodile

speaking of breakfast, i recently discovered a healthy breakfast cereal that tastes like classic unhealthy breakfast cereal, and i am enjoying breakfast for the first time in years! :yum:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Prof. Crocodile posted:

speaking of breakfast, i recently discovered a healthy breakfast cereal that tastes like classic unhealthy breakfast cereal, and i am enjoying breakfast for the first time in years! :yum:

are you gonna tell us what it is or just leaving us gnawing on inferior bfast cereal over here?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i had toast made with nasty gas station bread and the last scrapings of marmalade in the jar, i do not recommend it

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Ass-penny

I ended up having a hour or two long conversation with a drunk ex last night and kind of fell asleep on the couch after the fact before I went to bed so here's a rare 0800 post from me. Whiskey for breakfast.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

hi i'm here to tell you this is the kind of vegetable peeler to buy you buy it several at a time and throw them out as they dull otherwise you are dooming yourself to having a dull vegetable peeler in your life that will eventually betray and tear into your delicate digits

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

here look you can buy a bunch and they're less than three dollars apiece what a bargain to have piece of mind when peeling an apple

Prof. Crocodile

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

are you gonna tell us what it is or just leaving us gnawing on inferior bfast cereal over here?

I don’t want to be accused of shilling in byob, but it is called magic spoon. it’s gluten free, vegan, keto, etc. and they have a bunch of different flavors to approximate fruit loops, Cookie Crisp, teddy grahams, etc. https://magicspoon.com/?utm_source=...36c9f4312638931

e: the coco puffs version has a weird aftertaste tho.

Prof. Crocodile

Bo-Pepper posted:

otherwise you are dooming yourself to having a dull vegetable peeler in your life that will eventually betray and tear into your delicate digits

:ohdear:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

DOOM LURKS AROUND EVERY CORNER

Ass-penny

Bo-Pepper posted:

RIP to the man in the mask.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

biosterous

sorry i already said that the right answer is the kind i like which is not the y-shaped one btw

it's okay to like the y-shaped one, just know that whoever designed it had to be severely lacking in moral fibre

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

a cursory google search indicates that doctor doom never fell to the sugary allure of hostess fruit pies but alas torgo was not as resilient

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

biosterous posted:

sorry i already said that the right answer is the kind i like which is not the y-shaped one btw

no no you're wrong to the point that maybe i think you as a person are wrong in the way a pet semetary cat is wrong i will be wary of you from now on

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

very much. I feel like i'm getting cereally teased here.

Bo-Pepper posted:

Chill out, I can't be everywhere around the corner.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I don’t want to be accused of shilling in byob, but it is called magic spoon. it’s gluten free, vegan, keto, etc. and they have a bunch of different flavors to approximate fruit loops, Cookie Crisp, teddy grahams, etc. https://magicspoon.com/?utm_source=...36c9f4312638931

e: the coco puffs version has a weird aftertaste tho.

I honestly question if gluten free, vegan, and keto are healthy. Sounds a lot like bullshit that I'd eat and be lethargic from. I love carbs because I can honestly not function without them. I lost weight eating almost two loaves of white bread a day while condensing muscle and a diff point in life ate 60% noodles and 30% meat and lost weight while building muscle. Meat and gluten are the basis of life for me. maybe just how my poo poo works, ketosis for others can work but it makes me a useless pile. coffee does the same, i'll sit in my chair doing nothing for days if i have coffee but i'll get drunk and want to do planks and see if i can pick up large things and want to do anything

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
biosterous

Bo-Pepper posted:

no no you're wrong to the point that maybe i think you as a person are wrong in the way a pet semetary cat is wrong i will be wary of you from now on

bo-pepper i am starting to think that maybe it was you who invented the y-shaped peeler, please answer: are you severely lacking in moral fibre

the answer will help narrow things down thanks

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Ass-penny

I know no one else is but I'm listening to MF DOOM literally right now

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

biosterous posted:

bo-pepper i am starting to think that maybe it was you who invented the y-shaped peeler, please answer: are you severely lacking in moral fibre

the answer will help narrow things down thanks

you have me mixed up with the fact i invented the baby yoda spatula

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

rear end-penny posted:

I know no one else is but I'm listening to MF DOOM literally right now

I never heard of that before being asked if it was the/a part of my name. years later, still dont know what mf doom is. nsmdm sure. nesam sure. nosidam sure. gently caress learning doom i didnt start.

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
cruft

I need some attitude calibration from my orbs in snowy climates.

Say you're out shoveling your sidewalk and somebody comes up walking their dog, in the street. They say hello, then, after they've passed you, hop up onto the sidewalk that you haven't shoveled yet.

Is this a dick move, or am I just being overly-sensitive?

Ass-penny

nesamdoom posted:

I never heard of that before being asked if it was the/a part of my name. years later, still dont know what mf doom is. nsmdm sure. nesam sure. nosidam sure. gently caress learning doom i didnt start.

he died so you don't have to worry about your tangentially relevant username. If you want to pursue a god in underground hip hop I highly suggest either the Madvilliany record he did with Madlib, or Operation: Doomsday. I didn't always understand him but once the gate broke I became obsessed with him.

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

Say you're out shoveling your sidewalk and somebody comes up walking their dog, in the street. They say hello, then, after they've passed you, hop up onto the sidewalk that you haven't shoveled yet.

I blame no one for walking on the paths I've yet to shovel, personally, as a person in a Place Where It Snows.

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

cruft posted:

Is the idea that they avoided being close to you? Or that they're packing down the snow where you haven't shoveled yet?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

cruft posted:

question - is there salt applied in the street or around the cleared sidewalk you were working on? salt is not good for dog paws and it's common that people will try to find a path that is sure to have no salt even if that's on an unshovelled sidewalk

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

I blame no one for walking on the paths I've yet to shovel, personally, as a person in a Place Where It Snows.

This is actually helping me calm down from my rage. Thanks!

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Is the idea that they avoided being close to you? Or that they're packing down the snow where you haven't shoveled yet?

Packing down the snow, turning it into icy footprints that are a bitch to scrape off.

Bo-Pepper posted:

question - is there salt applied in the street or around the cleared sidewalk you were working on? salt is not good for dog paws and it's common that people will try to find a path that is sure to have no salt even if that's on an unshovelled sidewalk

No, they only use sand here. And our street doesn't get sanded or salted.

cruft

What I'm hearing is that I need to get over it, basically.

I might be cranky that I'm doing 5 houses every day and only one other house on the block bothers to do anything at all. One of the five is the widow next door to the people who keep packing down icy footprints before I get to that area.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

do what i did and move next door to a neighbor who just loves to be busy and owns a snow blower so he clears everything while his dog happily runs in the snow

cruft

Bo-Pepper posted:

do what i did and move next door to a neighbor who just loves to be busy and owns a snow blower so he clears everything while his dog happily runs in the snow

I'm afraid that's what everybody on the blocks thinks of me, actually, since I went out and bought a 10-inch snow broom after two years of doing five houses.

e: since y'all are indulging me whining, let me finish off the rant

Two of the five houses I do are the back yards of my neighbors. I've been doing their back yards for almost 10 years, hoping that one day they'll do the like eight foot section that's my back yard, and as far as I know neither of them has ever done it. Occasionally, when my neighbor to the west's aging mother was over, the mother would do it. She used to bring me champurrado after I did their sidewalk, so sometimes I'd do their driveway too. She died last year so that's the end of that.

It just pisses me off that everybody seems so selfish. I guess the end result here is that I stop doing my sidewalks too and that's just how the neighborhood works: nobody ever shovels the sidewalk and it's an ice sheet for months at a time. But I think that would make me mad also.

cruft fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 3, 2022

Heather Papps

hello friend

cruft posted:

What I'm hearing is that I need to get over it, basically.

I might be cranky that I'm doing 5 houses every day and only one other house on the block bothers to do anything at all. One of the five is the widow next door to the people who keep packing down icy footprints before I get to that area.

it's winter. it's a tough season. we all need to help each other out, and you are going above and beyond, but now you are snow shovelling at a scale that any minor annoyance is multiplied times five.

i have this instinct where if something needs to be done i'll try and do it, hoping that others will be like "oh better help wash the dishes" or "let us help stack wood" but in practice the response is mostly "oh thank goodness someones doing it i can continue to do nothing"

Tampa Bae posted:

I made progress on the rodent problem

this is a good plan. you have my sympathies.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

rear end-penny posted:

I might apologize for having not shoveled there yet. very much midwest and british influence combining to make me feel lik I should have been running shovel at 4am.

Ass-penny

the map you provided gives me remarkably little. I do get that, yes, someone walked here already and how that effects your shoveling, but really. we all trying to get home or to work and whether you need to use unplowed roads or unshoveled walks I find it a problem for the future.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
singing BYOB carols this morning as the snow begins to fall

I don't know about keto stuff but I love eating vegan although I'm not vegan, I always feel better if I can hold off from using animal stuff in a meal. That cereal looks pretty good and yknow, I don't think I've actually gotten a bowl out, filled it with milk and cereal and dug in since college, so I think the overwhelming nostalgia would make me cry.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Heather Papps

hello friend

magic spoon sponsors many of my favourite podcasts thank you magic spoon

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

the map you provided gives me remarkably little. I do get that, yes, someone walked here already and how that effects your shoveling, but really. we all trying to get home or to work and whether you need to use unplowed roads or unshoveled walks I find it a problem for the future.

Yeah, that was the bad version of a bad drawing.

What I was trying to illustrate is that the front of my house is the back of my neighbor's houses. So I've been shoveling their back sidewalk because I sure as heck am not going to traipse all the way to my 8-foot back sidewalk when there's a foot of snow on the ground.

Drawing that brought me some tranquility, so thanks for spurring me to do so :)

Escape From Noise

Bo-Pepper posted:

here look you can buy a bunch and they're less than three dollars apiece what a bargain to have piece of mind when peeling an apple

I peel my apples with a knife TYVM

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Escape From Noise posted:

I peel my apples with a knife TYVM

unless you are oh so very good at knives you are likely taking off too much apple goodness when doing this i remain skeptical

Escape From Noise

Bo-Pepper posted:

unless you are oh so very good at knives you are likely taking off too much apple goodness when doing this i remain skeptical

Come on over. It will be knife to meat u.

sephiRoth IRA

-Carl Sagan
Just lol if you don't eat the whole apple. Sticker, core, all of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Just lol if you don't eat the whole apple. Sticker, core, all of it

I mostly peel my (asian) pears

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig