Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my friends were all postin here so i decided to join them. waited until college though, my mom refused to give me any money to waste on a forum lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

oh yeah i also used to read the webcomic 'bob and george' when i was like 12 and spent a lot of time on their IRC channel and forums, realistically that's probably how i ended up here

it was one of those terrible comics that used reskinned mega man sprites for the characters. had a pretty big community at the time though

https://www.bobandgeorge.com/

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

tmfc posted:

oh yeah i also used to read the webcomic 'bob and george' when i was like 12 and spent a lot of time on their IRC channel and forums, realistically that's probably how i ended up here

it was one of those terrible comics that used reskinned mega man sprites for the characters. had a pretty big community at the time though

lmfao I went from bob and George -> penny arcade -> lurked here until ycs closed and started checking back a couple years ago

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I signed up in early 2001 using my grandmas credit card because Fark was at war with SA in photoshop battles

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

tmfc posted:

i also was heavily involved in the sprite comic scene from 2003-2007 and posted on several bespoke sprite comic forums, even moderating one of them, during my early teens

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

I signed up in early 2001 using my grandmas credit card because Fark was at war with SA in photoshop battles

Thank you for your service o7

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i joined to play planetside 2 with a group and to troll the spacestation 13 thread for their inferior codebase (the /tg/ fork ftw)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

I definitely came here from Fark originally lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

KIRYU: Photoshop Phriday? I'm beginning to see the appeal...

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

great minds lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I remember posting here on 9/11 and saw the legendary Barnacle Jim and Monkeu posts in real time lol

also I posted a lot about Everquest

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Same except I waited 18 years to buy an account

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I was on Gaiaonline before I was here.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i was on gamefaqs........

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Fungah! posted:

i was on gamefaqs........

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

joined in my mid 20s for photoshop phriday probably. I was on worth1000 and threadless before that making some really dire, embarrassing poo poo

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

joined in my mid 20s for photoshop phriday probably. I was on worth1000 and threadless before that making some really dire, embarrassing poo poo

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ijoined sa when i was 18 because proton jon shouting monkey cheese at mario romhacks was incredibly novel and hilarious at the time

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted:

ijoined sa when i was 18 because proton jon shouting monkey cheese at mario romhacks was incredibly novel and hilarious at the time

Jon was how i first learned about SA. i imagin e Don't Eat the Mushroom isn't as hilarious as i thought it was when i was 12

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I also joined at 18 when I got my first debit card because I liked the front page and thought GBS Photoshop Friday and stuff like that was epic. I think the only forum I was ever really a part of before then was the Elder Scrolls forums where I’d get into serious lore debates with people like we were all actual theologians

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My first account got banned by OMGWTFBBQ.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I also joined at 18 when I got my first debit card because I liked the front page and thought GBS Photoshop Friday and stuff like that was epic. I think the only forum I was ever really a part of before then was the Elder Scrolls forums where I’d get into serious lore debates with people like we were all actual theologians

I hung out on IRC channels for ZZT when I was in middle/high schools.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

yeah their beards are pretty wicked, i get it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

zzt was cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i was also mod on the returners ffrpg forums until i found out that one of them lived in my town and suggested we meet up and i bolted for the hills. in hindsight that was 100% the right move

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

zzt was cool

Yeah

Fungah! posted:

yeah their beards are pretty wicked, i get it

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They come runnin just as fast as they can, cause every girl crazy bout an ASCII man

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They come runnin just as fast as they can, cause every girl crazy bout an ASCII man

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

she got jpegs, she know how to use them

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

My first account got banned by OMGWTFBBQ.

My first account was banned by FSSTGIRL or whatever lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I didn't know you could unban your account...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

what did you do after prison?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah! posted:

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah! posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 3, 2022

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

jesus Bob and George brings back some memories. i think the only one of those sprite comic people that kept making similar stuff was the 8 Bit Theater guy, and he transitioned to traditional comics and novels. i had my own terrible sprite comic for awhile in college. my self insert was a Magus recolor that always had a raincloud floating above his head and i had one follower from my Intro to Legal Studies class who posted excited comments on every update.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I registered when I was still in high school but it didn't matter because it was free at the time so I didn't need a credit card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

When I was in high school my friend would browse fyad between smash bros. rounds and crack us up while playing. I bought an account years later when I moved to a new city.
Then I made a fool of myself trying to post, and decided to just lurk.

I think I resurfaced to make miis of avatars and requests for people in the 3ds smash thread, which got moved to the imp zone.
I had never heard of the imp zone, but Bicyclops adopted everyone in the thread or some joke like that.
Then I made a fool of myself trying to post, and decided to just lurk.

But I really like the imp zone, separate from SA. So I've been trying to be more active in here.

But time flows like a river... and history repeats...