Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:03 on Oct 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"don't do what fascists do" is p dece advice imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Danaru posted:

"don't do what fascists do" is p dece advice imo

also, calling people NPCs is literally a fascist meme that was started to pretend that people who cared about social justice were just virtue signaling rather than having the independent thought that it's good to not treat others like subhumans

seriously, don't do it

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah I dunno if "don't use alt right memes you weinie" is gonna lead to extermination not really sure about the correlation there chef

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

If the Jakarta Method is a one way street then humanity's future is sealed- if you're cool with that, I guess you will have died with your principles or something

first of all, dehumanizing your opponents so you can commit genocide should absolutely not be anyone's goal, and I'm appalled that the lesson you seem to have learned from the Jakarta Method was that actually mass murder is good if you do it to the right people

second of all, it is actually very important to recognize that political opponents are humans just like us. There isn't something innately different about the genes or brains of people on the right or people in suburbs, there is something different about their material conditions and cultural context and education and upbringing. They aren't NPCs or subhumans incapable of independent thought, they're people just like you and me, and that is a very important thing to recognize and acknowledge, for two reasons: one, because it forces us to acknowledge that human being are capable of awful things and that we can't pretend that people who do awful things are inherently different from us in some way, and two, because it indicates that these are not permanent divides between inherently different groups who can only reconcile differences through mass murder, but rather differences that emerge from changeable social structures, will continue to shift over time, and could be shifted in a more positive and beneficial direction

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

vyelkin posted:

also, calling people NPCs is literally a fascist meme that was started to pretend that people who cared about social justice were just virtue signaling rather than having the independent thought that it's good to not treat others like subhumans

seriously, don't do it

i think its a good way to describe unthinking canadian reactionaries but i won't do it out of courtesy if you care this much

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

There will be a time when dehumanizing will be appropriate and necessary, but that isn’t yet.

Futanari Damacy posted:

"Fascists organize, therefore we must never organize" :hmmyes: Another move from the Left's winning playbook

If dehumanizing others is part of your organizing, maybe you aren’t on the team you think you are.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mila kunis posted:

i think its a good way to describe unthinking canadian reactionaries but i won't do it out of courtesy if you care this much

Thank you.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I'm with the maybe we shouldn't appropriate fascist rhetoric side :shrug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you cant kill fascism by killing all the fascists. you have to kill capitalism and that lives in the hearts of all mankind

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Just call them normies like we did back in the day :rolleyes:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Futanari Damacy posted:

Good luck guys, you obviously got this

shut the gently caress up

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Futanari Damacy posted:

The most important thing is constructing a moral imperative that eliminates the need for you to do anything or be politically active outside the forum. I'd take action, but you know. Fascism!

sounds like your trying to get me onto some kind of rcmp list

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Futanari Damacy posted:

The most important thing is constructing a moral imperative that eliminates the need for you to do anything or be politically active outside the forum. I'd take action, but you know. Fascism!

This is a real out there response to being told not to use alt right memes lol

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Some of the truckers were calling Ottawa locals “NPC normies”, which felt like a jarring incursion of online into real life.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the truckers post on 4chan? I didn't think my opinion could have gone lower but here we are

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Rutibex posted:

you cant kill fascism by killing all the fascists. you have to kill capitalism and that lives in the hearts of all mankind

my liberal mother remains convinced the profit motive is the only motivating force of mankind

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

I think telling the rest of us that the only political activity that counts is mass murder is revealing more about yourself than about us

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's the response to your bitchmade philosophy as a whole, don't be so disingenuous. You can go back to sleep having met your political activism quota for the day of tut-tutting one (1) stranger

:ironicat: incredible stuff

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ontairo suburbanites seem pretty unlikely to be non-PC, on average

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wynott dunn posted:

my liberal mother remains convinced the profit motive is the only motivating force of mankind

did you ever ask her how the profit motive motivated her to birth and raise you?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
doing politics is pointless. history goes where it wants and you dont have the weight to tip it either way. all you can do is watch

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

did you ever ask her how the profit motive motivated her to birth and raise you?

my mother had me so she could collect baby bonus instead of working

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
re: the jakarta method

in this hypothetical is it better to fight back, or let yourself be killed

hmmm

hmmmmm

well violence as an end to conflict can never truly be seen as a resolution as it merely:commissar:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

The Parenti lecture about caring more for the fascists than the people who can't read or don't have enough to eat feels especially prescient in this moment. Lol this country's finished

It's been done awhile ago you idiot

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Futanari Damacy posted:

What, you don't think systemic, organized evil can be overcome simply with good vibes? :fyadride:

Go blow up the trucker convoy instead of complaining on a dead forum, I’ll even be watching the news

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
harsh and unnecessary. if we tap into the love frequency we can levitate the dnd

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Piquai Souban posted:

Some of the truckers were calling Ottawa locals “NPC normies”, which felt like a jarring incursion of online into real life.

it's an inherently weird bit of jargon. it really speaks to the fact that some people's beliefs are being shaped more by their online life than by actually interacting with people in real life.

are there other video game terms being used this way? like is the queen of Canada a quest-giver? how many lib scalps do you have to bring her to level up?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
dehumanizing people for being on the other side of an ideological conflict is definitely almost always just a way to keep yourself from getting traumatized when that conflict gets actually violent.

so like, if you find yourself acting violently in response to fascists, (and you might??? forcing you into that situation is literally the endgame for them) do what you gotta do to stay sane, but why the hell would you tell the internet about it?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Rockstar Massacre posted:

dehumanizing people for being on the other side of an ideological conflict is definitely almost always just a way to keep yourself from getting traumatized when that conflict gets actually violent.

so like, if you find yourself acting violently in response to fascists, (and you might??? forcing you into that situation is literally the endgame for them) do what you gotta do to stay sane, but why the hell would you tell the internet about it?

internet is my best friend I tell internet everything

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Goblins, used to be or still is? A coded term for gun forums used when defending your home from black people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006
Fascists in western countries are mostly well off white petty bourgeoisie with very little economic or political power (especially individually) and a lot to lose. All that's required to de radicalize most of them is normal consequences for any criminal acts they commit. Even just not having support from law enforcement officials would probably do it.