Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1489290893240815623?t=jzaCt0244wRtB5DRd_o3jg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Lostconfused posted:

So why doesn't anyone give a poo poo about Belarus? Do those people not deserve freedom, indipendence, and all the good things that are promised to Ukraine?

the music of molchat doma can be very polarizing...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lobster shirt posted:

the music of molchat doma can be very polarizing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egVP73hjPF0

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1489166573763977216?s=20&t=xJk-T52o3Uy_DmqZa_GenA

Fair trade let's do it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1489295137142411265?s=20&t=vXku4KJD-HLWmkdfjCAmOw

quote:

WASHINGTON — The United States has acquired intelligence about a Russian plan to fabricate a pretext for an invasion of Ukraine using a faked video that would build on recent disinformation campaigns, according to senior administration officials and others briefed on the material.

The plan — which the United States hopes to spoil by making public — involves staging and filming a fabricated attack by the Ukrainian military either on Russian territory or against Russian-speaking people in eastern Ukraine.

Russia, the officials said, intended to use the video to accuse Ukraine of genocide against Russian-speaking people. It would then use the outrage over the video to justify an attack or have separatist leaders in the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine invite a Russian intervention.

Officials would not release any direct evidence of the Russian plan or how they learned of it, saying to do so would compromise their sources and methods. But both a recent Russian disinformation campaign focused on false accusations of genocide and the recent political actions being taken in the Russian parliament to recognize breakaway governments in Ukraine lent credence to the intelligence.

If carried out, the Russian operation would be an expansion of a propaganda theme that American intelligence officials and outside experts have said Moscow has been pushing on social media, on conspiracy sites and with state-controlled media since November.

The video was intended to be elaborate, officials said, with plans for graphic images of the staged, corpse-strewn aftermath of an explosion and footage of destroyed locations. They said the video was also set to include faked Ukrainian military equipment, Turkish-made drones and actors playing Russian-speaking mourners.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

look if the russians were gonna do that they'd just blow it up themselves

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
ah yes the old make an Adobe after effects video trick that’s something the Russians would do. that’s totally something they would do as opposed to actually tangibly blowing something up.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

im sure in a few days when this is revealed to be have been totally fabricated there will be an apology with the retraction

someone will probably get fired even

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

They have this video but no one can see it, we just have to trust them. Curious.

You'd think if they had this they would release it, given as they have as of yet released absolutely no evidence to support their claims at all. Yet, they wait for some unknown opportunity to release this video they totally have, almost like it doesn't exist and they know if they wait long enough everyone will forget like Saddam's imaginary WMDs.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

A joke

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
Love how this state department propaganda mentions several other times the US refused to provide evidence for their claims, yet accepts the lack of evidence as evidence.

Rumsfeld is back baby!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

ah yes the old make an Adobe after effects video trick that’s something the Russians would do. that’s totally something they would do as opposed to actually tangibly blowing something up.

There were a couple comically staged videos released by Russia during the 2014-2015 fighting. One of them was titled "Kiev Used Barrier Squads to Prevent Troops from Retreating" and was spammed all over for like a week. Someone in Russia is a SEO wizard because google started autofilling it on a fresh incognito client when you hit 'K', but the video itself was very silly

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1488633822514192387?s=20&t=sD-M0s-gK-F4ZFbwj5ImGw

They're even beating us at rushing out sequels.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Hope the english in this is better. Good for china though. If the CGI is somewhat shoddy then crank up those cool rear end action movies.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

XMNN posted:

https://twitter.com/selinawangtv/status/1488709488249081857?t=J6w0RQjbqtqhygqVziMMsA&s=19

not sure why the Chinese haven't got the message, the west is bored of COVID now

e:
lol this video is basically a perfect encapsulation of US anti COVID zero propaganda

https://twitter.com/CNNConnect/status/1485658897084002305?t=zUSUy1QUdluTk4j3I940DA&s=19

not even an allusion to the millions of lives saved in China and thrown away in the West

Xenophobic PRC scared of disease-ridden foreigners SMDH

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

gotta say that while i find the critiques of it overblown (its essentially just the sort of jingoistic action war movie america used to make en masse like 20 years ago and we have no introspection because americans are loving dolts) the movie also wasn't very good ngl.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

It was great for a war movie, actually.

Just thinking about the hand to hand combat scene in Lake Changjin compared to Saving Private Ryan - which was ultimately just a lesson about how you should always execute POWs.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
It had cool action scenes.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh yeah? Where the gently caress is Wolf Warrior 3 then?!

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Koba posted:

lmao, this guy rules

king

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/leonidragozin/status/1487472087115735047?cxt=HHwWjoC93e7-x6QpAAAA

lol

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It was great for a war movie, actually.

Just thinking about the hand to hand combat scene in Lake Changjin compared to Saving Private Ryan - which was ultimately just a lesson about how you should always execute POWs.

it was an action movie and that's it.

that's not a bad thing but this isn't exactly Liberation. its just a dumb action movie roughly based on a war story, the type america used to release every summer.

it was like 3 hours of gory combat punctuated by like 30 seconds of some chinese guy saying "i hope our children wont have to experience war" before he kills 300 more americans by himself.

it had about the level of introspection as rambo 2 tbh.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Waiting patiently for the rebuttal about it actually synthesizes maoism or something. Its a fun action movie of the kind that the west really doesn't make anymore and its nice having different kinds of offerings than marvel slop.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It had a political commissar and one of the lead characters had to write a self criticism. What more do you tankies want?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I liked the artillery guy. He finally got those 105 mm howitzers at the end.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bahubali 3 2022
battle of lake changjin 2 2023

🙏

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

god drat, I love the racist AF comments

CaptainACAB posted:

that's not a bad thing but this isn't exactly Liberation. its just a dumb action movie roughly based on a war story, the type america used to release every summer.

it was like 3 hours of gory combat punctuated by like 30 seconds of some chinese guy saying "i hope our children wont have to experience war" before he kills 300 more americans by himself.

yes, and?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why can't action movies be under an hour and a half anymore

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Why can't action movies be under an hour and a half anymore

Pitch: Joe Taslim is a PLA soldier who has only 80 minutes to defeat America and win the Korean War. The whole movie is just one long take.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

bahubali 3 2022
battle of lake changjin 2 2023

🙏

Rajamouli is making an anticolonial movie where the british are the cackling bad guys and the protagonist is a bhil tribal girl.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I've been wanting to watch the first one. What's a site to watch Chinese movies at a decent quality with English subtitles? I haven't found many options for the majority of Chinese movies so I've only watched the handful that turn up on US streaming sites. They also don't ever turn up on usenet. Otherwise I sometimes stumble into them on Youtube but the quality sucks.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Its on Youtube with subtitles.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Tankbuster posted:

Rajamouli is making an anticolonial movie where the british are the cackling bad guys and the protagonist is a bhil tribal girl.

turn up

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tankbuster posted:

Its on Youtube with subtitles.

Used to be, the link posted earlier got taken down. No idea if there's a re-upload.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

FuzzySlippers posted:

I've been wanting to watch the first one. What's a site to watch Chinese movies at a decent quality with English subtitles? I haven't found many options for the majority of Chinese movies so I've only watched the handful that turn up on US streaming sites. They also don't ever turn up on usenet. Otherwise I sometimes stumble into them on Youtube but the quality sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQOglo1J5Ls

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

CaptainACAB posted:

Are you saying killing 300 americans didn't guarantee peace for China?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
No but buddying up with the USA post split did.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tankbuster posted:

Hope the english in this is better. Good for china though. If the CGI is somewhat shoddy then crank up those cool rear end action movies.
I only saw one complaint about translation. They didn't do the punchline to the "I'm your daddy" joke.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1489321450251169798
https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/1489345464465956870

I almost uncritically accepted that this guy blew himself up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i posted this in the succ zone, but this is a must watch vid of a journo actually doing their job well and pressing state dept spox/worm ned price on the whole russia/ukraine "fake video" thing

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1489336004637044746