Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:sickos:

This fuckin owns.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Not sure if this guy makes the cut for living end but he's really cool regardless.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

This card does a lot of things at a decent rate. I wouldn’t be shocked if this is constructed playable in multiple formats.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

The Shortest Path posted:

Not sure if this guy makes the cut for living end but he's really cool regardless.

I could see it getting swapped in for Brazen Borrower. You lose out on the castable 3/1 flyer body, but being a big guy that goes to the graveyard instead of into exile, having the bounce effect be uncounterable, and being able to rebuy a protection spell or cascade card all seem like meaningful upsides.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I love this turtle.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Versaturtle.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This card is bonkers lol

Mat Cauthon posted:

This seems very very good, especially for an uncommon.

Yeah it's got some nice value over a few turns

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If I'm not wrong, the bounce effect is below rate (Unsummon costs U) and there is no equivalent for the green effect (Regrowth is 1G but is a Sorcery, Naya Charm is RGW). That's kinda wild to just staple onto a big body.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Eej posted:

If I'm not wrong, the bounce effect is below rate (Unsummon costs U) and there is no equivalent for the green effect (Regrowth is 1G but is a Sorcery, Naya Charm is RGW). That's kinda wild to just staple onto a big body.

I would put an uncounterable unsummon that puts a 6/5 flying ward2 creature in the graveyard as "on rate".

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
My brain's not working cause I got a big pressure headache so I'm actually unsure which equation "mana cost" falls under in above/under rate but 1U to uncounterable Unsummon at instant speed is definitely Much Better (above rate????)

Eej fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 4, 2022

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

1U is below rate (costs more than) for unsummon. Possibly on rate for uncounterable unsummon but I don't think its come up. The package as a whole is a spicy meatball, which I think is what y'all both were saying.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Possibly on rate for uncounterable unsummon but I don't think its come up.

Closest I can think of is Wipe Away, UU1 Split Second return any permanent.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
That turtle really wants to be played with Persist, huh

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

sit on my Facebook posted:

That turtle really wants to be played with Persist, huh

I guess but its off color and persist decks want bigger games than a 5/4 flyer.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/genomancer/status/1489443633090609156

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Arivia posted:

Dockside Chef makes sense as an mtg card but is awkward in terms of how close it comes to bigoted nonsense about Asian food traditions and safety (rumors about secretly eating dogs and poo poo).

huh? asian cultures do have a relatively large proportion of ppl that eat dogs. its no secret, either.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This set is gonna kick rear end

looking forward to draft it, at least. looks fun

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Does this work?

If both Weavers, Intruder Alarm, Hallowed Haunting are in play.,

Tap Sanctum Weaver for 4 green mana
Use 1 green mana to cast Helix Pinnacle
Hallowed Haunting Triggers, creating a spirit.
Use 1 green mana to tap Weaver of Harmony, which copies Hallowed Haunting's Trigger.
Intruder Alarm triggers, untaps all creatures
Tap Sanctum Weaver for 5(?) green mana
Use 1 green mana to tap Weaver of Harmony, which copies Hallowed Haunting's Trigger.
Repeat...

Then generate 100 mana and win with Helix Pinnacle on next upkeep? If they get rid of the helix somehow you also have a bunch of huge Spirit creatures?

Fucker posted:

huh? asian cultures do have a relatively large proportion of ppl that eat dogs. its no secret, either.

there are Asian cultures that eat dog but a "large proportion of people" is absolutely not true at all. i don't agree that the card portrays asian cuisine in a bad light... unless squid/octopus is still seen as weird by americans? probably.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
thats y i said relatively. i know its a small minority

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Strong Sauce posted:

there are Asian cultures that eat dog but a "large proportion of people" is absolutely not true at all. i don't agree that the card portrays asian cuisine in a bad light... unless squid/octopus is still seen as weird by americans? probably.

As an American... yeah no squid and octopus are both delicious and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get over themselves.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Re: squid: Calamari is a not uncommon dish at italian places

Re: that food vendor card that someone associated with eating dog for some loving weird-rear end reason: I think the intent is "dancing" shrimp sashimi /ama ebi, or those places that cook a fish right after pulling it out of a tank (or carve a chunk out for sashimi while it's still alive but I think that's exclusive to like a japanese fish market)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strong Sauce posted:

Does this work?

Repeat...

Then generate 100 mana and win with Helix Pinnacle on next upkeep? If they get rid of the helix somehow you also have a bunch of huge Spirit creatures?

Yes this combo will make infinite mana, bodies, and win in your upkeep.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
We have wet markets in America too. Ya'ever been to a Red Lobster?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Strong Sauce posted:

Does this work?

Repeat...

I mean it works, but a much cleaner combo is just Sanctum Weaver + Freed from the Real for infinite mana to dump onto the Pinnacle.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Sit on my Jace posted:

I could see it getting swapped in for Brazen Borrower. You lose out on the castable 3/1 flyer body, but being a big guy that goes to the graveyard instead of into exile, having the bounce effect be uncounterable, and being able to rebuy a protection spell or cascade card all seem like meaningful upsides.
Possible, but the bounce only bouncing creatures vs Borrower's wider range is for sure an issue, T3feri being the biggest one that comes to mind.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Archenteron posted:

Re: squid: Calamari is a not uncommon dish at italian places

Re: that food vendor card that someone associated with eating dog for some loving weird-rear end reason: I think the intent is "dancing" shrimp sashimi /ama ebi, or those places that cook a fish right after pulling it out of a tank (or carve a chunk out for sashimi while it's still alive but I think that's exclusive to like a japanese fish market)

My interpretation was that the food is so good that even ghosts want to eat it and they're tugging at the yummy food and it's moving around.

But the art is real small so maybe I missed the dead dog in it???

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I think the card is just supposed to be a "sketchy" street food vendor because it kills things. with food poisoning. I'm not sure how the spirits come into it. or the racism. I'm not sure where that comes in either

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's Mark Dacascos' character from John Wick 3. Topic Locked

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's Mark Dacascos' character from John Wick 3. Topic Locked

Ty for being the moderator we need Pablo

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lone Goat posted:

How many vehicles with Crew 3+ got played in constructed? Heart of the Kiran had the pw loyalty ability and Esika's Chariot just makes its own drivers, anything else?

Skysovereign and Weatherlight both see a bit of vintage play. Weatherlight mainly in shops decks that can crew with manlands.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That card is 100% chopping up random poo poo on the field to end up in a stew but also Arivia is a dumbass and a third of their takes are wild poo poo like that and shouldn’t be taken seriously

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Shortest Path posted:

I think it's close between this and brazen borrower for living end. Maybe it's a SB card.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I loving love this. May even be worth running multiple copies in mono W or even a two-color build.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TipTow posted:

I loving love this. May even be worth running multiple copies in mono W or even a two-color build.

1 of them is mostly free but I don't think it's super powerful. These kind of effects are typically meh.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

1 of them is mostly free but I don't think it's super powerful. These kind of effects are typically meh.

When they’re free on a land I think the stats change a little bit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah, like I said any deck playing white in standard and some in modern too can play 1 for free. The power level of the effect will dictate if you can play like 3 of them and I don't think this is one of those where you're going to want 3 or 4.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

They're Legendary, so while the first one is free, the second one is a risk.

How many legendary lands got played in duplicate (aside from weirdass outlier decks like Legacy Lands.) Pendelhaven was a 2 of in infect, Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth and the green one I guess? What else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

They're Legendary, so while the first one is free, the second one is a risk.

How many legendary lands got played in duplicate (aside from weirdass outlier decks like Legacy Lands.) Pendelhaven was a 2 of in infect, Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth and the green one I guess? What else?

Flagstones of Trokair :eng101: