Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Im going to assume those cyber pikachus were from japan? Is being a child there a wonderland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Im going to assume those cyber pikachus were from japan? Is being a child there a wonderland?

It's hell, op

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Tempora Mutantur posted:

it's also hollow lol

Is it? Lmao since it was all a publicity stunt to shill his crypto

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Biplane posted:

It's hell, op

but costumes!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Biplane posted:

It's hell, op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0WnZyxp_Wo

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
40 gigawatts of fascism

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

40 gigawatts of fascism

could burn a lot of coal with that

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Uh, so, facebook had an earnings call yesterday afternoon/evening, and it didn't go so well. They lost like a quarter of their stock price today.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/02/facebooks-stock-crash-is-a-long-time-coming

An important feature of the earnings call was all the big institutional investors wanting to know why the gently caress facebook is spending every spare dime on VR while their main business crumbles. Tik Tok may have been mentioned a few times.

So I have a friend who works there and there was an all-hands meeting today where zuckerberg was really pissed off. He said something like "don't talk to me about burning out our four day work weeks, if I had my way we'd be doing 996 like the Chinese because that's how you innovate!" So, Zuckerberg may be about to have a major meltdown, look forward to that!

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

"don't talk to me about burning out our four day work weeks, if I had my way we'd be doing 996 like the Chinese because that's how you innovate!"

Lel

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

30.5 Days posted:

Uh, so, facebook had an earnings call yesterday afternoon/evening, and it didn't go so well. They lost like a quarter of their stock price today.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/02/facebooks-stock-crash-is-a-long-time-coming

An important feature of the earnings call was all the big institutional investors wanting to know why the gently caress facebook is spending every spare dime on VR while their main business crumbles. Tik Tok may have been mentioned a few times.

So I have a friend who works there and there was an all-hands meeting today where zuckerberg was really pissed off. He said something like "don't talk to me about burning out our four day work weeks, if I had my way we'd be doing 996 like the Chinese because that's how you innovate!" So, Zuckerberg may be about to have a major meltdown, look forward to that!

Zucc was crying and had to wear glasses to hide his red eyes. He claimed he scratched his eye but lol we all know whats up.

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1489326474268233732

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Innovatively working your employees to exhaustion and doing nothing new or useful, like an especially stupid robber baron.

It was just pure luck with Zucc and he just doesn't get or appreciate it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Inceltown posted:

Zucc was crying and had to wear glasses to hide his red eyes. He claimed he scratched his eye but lol we all know whats up.

Zuck: *hits vape pen quietly under the table*

Yeah so seasonal allergies. Scratched my eye. lmao. gently caress my stock prices gdi

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Waffle House posted:

Yeah so seasonal allergies. Scratched my eye. lmao. gently caress my stock prices gdi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drat i gotta get in the mass surveilance of apple users game if its worth a quarter tril

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Google, Apple and Microsoft all reported increased earnings and only Facebook went down. It's also the biggest drop for a US company in a single day ever which lol, lmao

I barely turn it on nowadays because the algorithm is so badly implemented I only see 6 of my friends post from weeks ago. One guy I saw even marveled at his post about cutting his hair getting hundreds of reactions with comments complaining that his post appears as the first on their feed every single day

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Nothus posted:

Is it? Lmao since it was all a publicity stunt to shill his crypto

oh yeah nytimes is on the case and definitely does not have any kind of interest in boosting that NFT

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/02/arts/design/gold-cube-niclas-castello.html

The headline posted:

It’s Gold, Baby. But Niclas Castello’s Cube Is Nothing New in Art.
The artist’s solid gold cube, which appeared for one day in Central Park, was Instagram bait, an NFT promotion and even kind of pretty.

The lede posted:

The cube is not solid all the way through: it has a hollow core. But the gold alone is worth more than $10 million at current prices. And Castello, 43, underlined the rarity of the cube as an art object by displaying it for only a single day, and by promising that it wouldn’t be sold.

from that original tweet article:

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/s...m_campaign=news posted:

According to Castello’s team, golden cube was cast at a foundry in Aarau, Switzerland, requiring a special handmade kiln in order to withstand both the sheer size and volume of gold, as well as the extreme temperatures needed to melt it, reaching up to 1100 degrees Celsius. The cube measures over a foot and a half on all sides and has a wall thickness of about a quarter inch.

I don't know why I spent time reading about this but goddrat that is hilarious all around

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

996 is illegal in China now so it's the perfect time for US work culture to really jump on that poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Waffle House posted:

wtf dont make him sound cool

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Carthag Tuek posted:

wtf dont make him sound cool

It's genuinely hard for me to see billionares for their money. It gives them *too much* credit and dehumanizes them to a point where you objectify and fear them, and it feels like a weird kind of spiteful worship to dosh them with all that attention. Honestly I wouldn't want to put myself in that mindset for interactions with anyone. It's much easier to see them as a bunch of dorks who struck it rich and probably read some of the same books and played the same videogames I did growing up.

poo poo, some of them might even post here. It's SomethingAwful, it's been around since the late 90s.

Elon Musk pisses me the gently caress off though because he's turned into a lovely poster.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Waffle House posted:

It's genuinely hard for me to see billionares for their money. It gives them *too much* credit and dehumanizes them to a point where you objectify and fear them, and it feels like a weird kind of spiteful worship to dosh them with all that attention. Honestly I wouldn't want to put myself in that mindset for interactions with *anyone.* It's much easier to see them as a bunch of dorks who struck it rich and probably read some of the same books and played the same videogames I did growing up.

poo poo, some of them might even post here. It's SomethingAwful, it's been around since the late 90s.

Elon Musk pisses me the gently caress off though because he's turned into a lovely poster.

they’re lovely people but it’s like getting mad at an untrained dog for making GBS threads in a living room. they’re people who happened to be born as capitalists and most people just defend their own class interests. that doesn’t mean they don’t deserve XYZ. but it’s also a waste of time to obsess over them personally unless you’re actually entertained by it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

mawarannahr posted:

they’re lovely people but it’s like getting mad at an untrained dog for making GBS threads in a living room. they’re people who happened to be born as capitalists and most people just defend their own class interests. that doesn’t mean they don’t deserve XYZ. but it’s also a waste of time to obsess over them personally unless you’re actually entertained by it.

Celebrity worship bothers me in a Dale Carnegie/golden rule kind of way. Would I want someone to be up late at night gritting their teeth about me in a parasocial way? Absolutely not. Never allow anyone to live rent-free in your head. Every human being is suuuuuper loving fallible, and you lose sight of that extremely plain fact when you idolize/superstar someone, good or bad.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the alien jokes are beneficial for zuck as they help people see him as an inevitability they can't do anything about

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

TACD posted:

lol of course it’s basically just to shill some crypto poo poo

also I somehow imagined from that picture it was about 6 foot high, it actually looks like a gaudy footstool

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

996 is illegal in China now so it's the perfect time for US work culture to really jump on that poo poo

Bytedance in particular is down to 45 hours per week. https://www.scmp.com/tech/tech-trends/article/3154715/996-no-more-tiktok-owner-bytedance-embraces-shorter-1075-work Still too much & I'm sure they expect people to work through lunch and poo poo, but from what I've heard that's already better than facebook (except for senior engineers who can do whatever the gently caress they want).

I'm honestly in awe of the fact that any normal human being would have woke up this morning and gone "drat everyone who sees me today just got like a 10-15% pay cut this morning, I gotta find a way to reassure them" and this guy went in there and was like "my megamillions are now only supermillions because you pussies aren't working hard enough. no i'm not crying it's just dusty in here".

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Tempora Mutantur posted:

oh yeah nytimes is on the case and definitely does not have any kind of interest in boosting that NFT

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/02/arts/design/gold-cube-niclas-castello.html

I don't know why I spent time reading about this but goddrat that is hilarious all around

lmao, can't even do degenerate opulence right. loving thin-rear end hollow gold cube, get out with that pathetic poo poo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I recall awhile back maybe early 2021 there were these random rear end obelisks popping up, what were those

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
lovely attempt at viral marketing iirc

not all by one person, a bunch of unrelated people separately going "hey, I want to get in the news!" and jumping on the bandwagon

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Inceltown posted:

coddling his pathetic feelings, like all of them is how we got here

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh, the computer decided the computer is as good a coder as me?
But can a machine shitpost at the same time? THEN will it be on my level.

It says it can, and it's worried that this will hurt your feelings.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tunicate posted:

It says it can, and it's worried that this will hurt your feelings.

that's an effortpost at best. weak rear end DND poster ai

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

yea, it's gonna be difficult to teach a machine the kind of self-deprecation it takes to not take oneself seriously at all. but on the other hand it's also tricky to define "intelligence" in a way that could be considered accurately descriptive for all humans (most notably the ones dumber than a rock) but can't be p-hacked to include machines by feeding the chatbot enough CLOWN DATA to present something resembling organic stupidity instead of RNG stupidity.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

silentsnack posted:

yea, it's gonna be difficult to teach a machine the kind of self-deprecation it takes to not take oneself seriously at all. but on the other hand it's also tricky to define "intelligence" in a way that could be considered accurately descriptive for all humans (most notably the ones dumber than a rock) but can't be p-hacked to include machines by feeding the chatbot enough CLOWN DATA to present something resembling organic stupidity instead of RNG stupidity.

5760 posts of training data already :o

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

tokin opposition posted:

5760 posts of training data already :o

with such powerful posting, there is nothing left to acquire but godhood.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Blind is an anonymous message board app for computer touchers. Sometimes there's some really horrible stuff on there.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I will never not watch the hell march of the pikachus

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

what's crazy is "find the physical limits of humanity" is actually a cool and good goal to have.

if you are an Olympic athlete.

pretty sure "find the physical limits of others" is just torture.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If you sign this waiver we can stick electrodes in your rear end in a top hat to motivate you. You'll get an extra 10 minute unpaid break

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Shrecknet posted:

pretty sure "find the physical limits of others" is just torture.
I seem to recall a certain Dr. Mengele did a lot of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

If you sign this waiver we can stick electrodes in your rear end in a top hat to motivate you. You'll get an extra 10 minute unpaid break

Tell me more