Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

I've read that jaguars attack humans pretty infrequently (ie quite a bit less than the Eurasian big cats, particularly leopards)

Like, Wikipedia has lists of attacks on humans by lions, tigers, leopards, and mountain lions... Nothing for jaguars. I say bring em back, see how it goes.

Thread relevant, there's also an article about attacks by beavers on humans. There's one recorded death in 2013, in Belarus. Imagine being the only man in recorded history to die from a beaver bite.

It just now occurs to me that the Wikipedia article on jaguar attacks on humans could have been deleted by a jaguar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

there's already cougars

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Article posted:

accidentally

Uh-huh

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Potato Salad posted:

there's already cougars

Cougars are a hoax perpetrated by jaguar wikipedia editors

(really though the mountain lion is a pretty successful cat. I have a tendency to think of them as The North American Big Cat, cause it's the one we have, but its range extends down into South America, farther south than where jaguars go, and they absolutely live in the same places jaguars do)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Phy posted:

It just now occurs to me that the Wikipedia article on jaguar attacks on humans could have been deleted by a jaguar

On the internet, no one can tell you're a jaguar :catstare:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
If I remember anything from my college class on the Mayan Empire, and I’m not saying I do, jaguars absolutely do kill people.

holttho
May 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSYzhd3iepo

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

At least the boat is still ugly
Only if you're on the outside. :homebrew:

The city should make them dismantle the boat, airlift it, overland it, etc. Seems like fairly simple breach of contract. "We offered to build your ship, we decided to build a ship in a bottle, we have to break the bottle to get it out, but we don't own the bottle". "We promised you 1 tonne in corn futures and now trade agreements prevent us from exporting it". "Yeah I pinkie promised to give you my Twinkie today Judy, but I already ate it,... but I can still get it for you".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/alfred_twu/status/1489342791872233477

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I don't think reintroducing jaguars to California is going to help the Bay Area or Central California much...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Only if you're on the outside. :homebrew:

The city should make them dismantle the boat, airlift it, overland it, etc. Seems like fairly simple breach of contract. "We offered to build your ship, we decided to build a ship in a bottle, we have to break the bottle to get it out, but we don't own the bottle". "We promised you 1 tonne in corn futures and now trade agreements prevent us from exporting it". "Yeah I pinkie promised to give you my Twinkie today Judy, but I already ate it,... but I can still get it for you".

Yeah but if they did that, the (locally based tax paying) company will probably end up having to foot the bill for that which takes money out of the local coffers as he'd have someone else fix it out of spite. With the current plan, Bezos dumps a ton of money into the local economy and then has to dump a ton more money into the local economy to pay to have (presumably a local company or at least local workers) disassemble and reassemble the bridge.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
https://twitter.com/VICEUK/status/1488869814227456001

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Knormal posted:

I don't think reintroducing jaguars to California is going to help the Bay Area or Central California much...

:yayclod:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

If only we'd deployed Disney employees to Afghanistan we never would've lost.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/cnet/status/1489080440019464192?s=21

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Shooting guns while on a roller coaster sounds loving dope though

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Knormal posted:

Think how far their range can extend with global warming!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I recently learned that Nixon was dramatically more appreciative of the cultural (and financial) benefits of investment in the arts than you'd think.

Just, interesting weird stuff.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

Captain Hygiene posted:

...vagina dentata...

Ain't no passin' craaaayaaaayze

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Whooping Crabs posted:

Shooting guns while on a roller coaster sounds loving dope though

I went on that Men In Black ride at Universal once, it was ok

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Potato Salad posted:

I recently learned that Nixon was dramatically more appreciative of the cultural (and financial) benefits of investment in the arts than you'd think.

Nixon was a weird dude who ultimately was his own worst enemy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

In case anyone missed the relevant part, Bezos isn't paying for the dismantle. That's on the taxpayers. For the benefit of "job creation" aka Benzos high sees fleet cruiser.

JFC
E: oh nvm, gently caress bezos though

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

Jihad Joe posted:

Ain't no passin' craaaayaaaayze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKgBTaLKR84

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

Nixon was a weird dude who ultimately was his own worst enemy

Please stop drawing parallels between me and Richard Nixon

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Phy posted:

Please stop drawing parallels between me and Richard Nixon

I thought I was your worst enemy :(

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh, Captain Hygiene, no! You're my best enemy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Phy posted:

Oh, Captain Hygiene, no! You're my best enemy.

:arghfist::unsmith::respek:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Potato Salad posted:

Nixon was the last hard-working republican president.
Evil yes, corrupt as hell and an actual paranoid, but hard-working.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

By popular demand posted:

Nixon was the last hard-working republican president.
Evil yes, corrupt as hell and an actual paranoid, but hard-working.
He was paranoid, vengeful, crooked to the core and racist af, but he did a lot of things that subsequent republicans have spent 40 years dismantling, like the EPA.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Nixon had his own ideas, instead of just being owned by the billionaires that paid him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AlbieQuirky posted:

If I remember anything from my college class on the Mayan Empire, and I’m not saying I do, jaguars absolutely do kill people.

That wasn't a class. You came over and watched Apocalyptico. Once, I might add. Stop telling people it was a class

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I would like to add to the record that panthers are cool

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Jaguar warriors can be good, but the star is the Eagle warriors, because they can fly and hit the enemy back lines. Give them fire and/or death bless and you can kill someone in an early war.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

If Nixon had his way, we would have had Medicare for All.

That said, Kissinger of all people had to talk his drunken rear end out of a nuclear first strike, so it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GWBBQ posted:

If Nixon had his way, we would have had Medicare for All.

That said, Kissinger of all people had to talk his drunken rear end out of a nuclear first strike, so it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

Yeah Nixon is a weird figure to talk about. The definition of a human being.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Nixon destroyed the office.

For as much as has been said about creeping executive power, Nixon had the power to do things that no president since could do.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Like creating the EPA.

*IIRC he also started the war on marijuana, also Vietnam, etc. he was terrible, not trying to defend him, except to say there are worse than him, some recently

doverhog has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Feb 6, 2022

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1489692528475398150?s=20&t=P8_MFADK21PIa6QQJUprug

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Give that man some zoloft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

doverhog posted:

*IIRC he also started the war on marijuana, also Vietnam..

Well you're half right. :eng99: