Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Southern hemisphere cyclones always throw me for a bit of a loop.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1489457705282588672?t=MT0uqB7sqNTPt4wR52DzSw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm guessing Texas is fine.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

blatman posted:

at least the tarp plan is better than pouring hot water on your windshield to get the frost off

I had a coworker do this one fine cold morning. A harsh lesson was learned very quickly.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Attempted to get out of my apartment this morning and the front door won't open :rip:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Iron Crowned posted:

Attempted to get out of my apartment this morning and the front door won't open :rip:

congrats, and RIP

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
The key to winter driving is to clear a palm sized spot in the windscreen and pretend you're an U-boat captain navigating by periscope in the middle of an arctic convoy! :mil101:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Nenonen posted:

The key to winter driving is to clear a palm sized spot in the windscreen and pretend you're an U-boat captain navigating by periscope in the middle of an arctic convoy! :mil101:

protip: once you become icebound and start running out of supplies and have to venture out into the tundra for forage, do NOT eat the the polar bear's liver. it will kill you

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Hooplah posted:

protip: once you become icebound and start running out of supplies and have to venture out into the tundra for forage, do NOT eat the the polar bear's liver. it will kill you

Is this true?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Well I mean it will anger the polar bear

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
That doesn't take much.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

liver king will take that challenge

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Nenonen posted:

I may have lost a few credit cards chipping myself a viewport

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I can't speak for the source, as polarbearfacts dot net may have a polar bear bias but

https://polarbearfacts.net/polar-bear-liver/

Looks like it may not kill you, but its not the best thing

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

blatman posted:

has anyone tried just driving really fast so the snow blows harmlessly onto passing cars

I know this is a joke, but where I live at least one person was killed in the last year from a sheet of ice blowing off the roof of an SUV and impaling the driver of the vehicle behind it :stare:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

you can eat a couple bites and be okay, liver a little

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Futanari Damacy posted:

I know this is a joke, but where I live at least one person was killed in the last year from a sheet of ice blowing off the roof of an SUV and impaling the driver of the vehicle behind it :stare:

holy poo poo

final destination was a documentary

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

if I go through the trouble of tracking down a polar bear, seducing it over the course of weeks, giving it sweet loving, and then killing it when its guard is down you drat bet I am going to eat the loving liver no matter what some ivory tower intellectual at polarbearfacts dot net has to say about it

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just get a snow brush and ice scraper you loving morons

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i threw a slab of cardboard over my front windshield for freezing rain and easily and trivially pulled it off on thursday morning

mad, yankies? gonna cry? gonna put a pile of garbage as a monument to your snow shoveling shame?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Just park your car in the garage

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Iron Crowned posted:

Just park your car in the garage

look at this garage haver

first against the wall

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Naramyth posted:

look at this garage haver

first against the wall

look at this wall haver

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

wait, you don't actually park your car yourself, do you? why are you even paying your valet?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I mean i don't know why you need to shovel snow when heated drive ways and roads exist, my gated community roads are a comfortable 65 year round

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Want to see a self driving Tesla in an ice storm

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

it has been below freezing in Texas for several hours and the power is still on. Looks like you guys owe mr. Abbott an apology :smug:

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

If memory serves, what you'll get out of that is hypervitaminosis, specifically just a MASSIVE amount of vitamin A. It might not kill you, but I seem to recall it being SPECTACULARLY painful. ...okay, yeah, some googling suggests that you'll likely begin fountaining from every orifice, while having a literal crushing headache from fluid retention in your skull, and your skin may begin to discolor and peel.

So only eat the polar bear liver if you want to go out looking like an animated MTV interstitial from the 90's I guess

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ahh, they didn't forget the traditional Gulf Coast party barge colonies

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

i want to believe

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, too much vitamin A.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ah, so that's why the stars at night are big and bright deep in the heart of Texas

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Cloud free night across the planet

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

look its a magic trick you just rip the tarp off the car and yell tada and all the snow stays where it is and all you got is a tarp

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Texas is fine. We have so much electricity. I've turned on every appliance in the house and everything is running fine.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Bakers Cousin posted:

its common in IL, as I live here and saw a dozen of my neighbors doing it.

Its to prevent your wipers from freezing to your windshield so you can use them

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

yeah you lift the wipers so that they don't get little ice clumps on them

That happens anyway though? You just gotta smack em around a little bit on the windshield

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

OK baizuo posted:

That happens anyway though? You just gotta smack em around a little bit on the windshield

clear ice off me daddy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Shady Amish Terror posted:

If memory serves, what you'll get out of that is hypervitaminosis, specifically just a MASSIVE amount of vitamin A. It might not kill you, but I seem to recall it being SPECTACULARLY painful. ...okay, yeah, some googling suggests that you'll likely begin fountaining from every orifice, while having a literal crushing headache from fluid retention in your skull, and your skin may begin to discolor and peel.

So only eat the polar bear liver if you want to go out looking like an animated MTV interstitial from the 90's I guess

polar bears are basically made from accutane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I really enjoyed tarpchat, thank u everyone. I worked 23 hours yesterday and 20 the day before and I needed a laugh :3: