Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Edit: Nope. Not dragging this poo poo to another page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Do you think they should go to jail for attempted murder? Lmao

There's a case for it

https://twitter.com/ThePopcornKevin/status/1489099133348626433?t=d4I74z9sn1lu1FdJB8kAhQ&s=19

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Paradoxish posted:

everyone driving a vehicle at all times should go to jail for attempted murder

Ok that I can agree with

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Paradoxish posted:

everyone driving a vehicle at all times should go to jail for attempted murder

i want to joke about how they should go to jail for attempted suicide but sadly being arrested for that is a real thing that happens in America

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Edit: Nope. Not dragging this poo poo to another page.

practicing sustainable posting, we love to see it

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Perry Mason Jar posted:

What kind of psychos cheer when someone flips their car on a highway at high-speed? gently caress these people. What the hell?

one problem with cars is that you see the car and not the person. unless you put in effort to think otherwise you literally start to think "a honda flipped" instead of "a person flipped their honda"

that's also one of then many reasons drivers hate bikes. they see the person instead of the vehicle, which makes them uncomfortable - illusion of privacy shattered. much more comfortable to forget about the dirty people and imagine the road as a bunch of colored steel boxes sliding around

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

one problem with cars is that you see the car and not the person. unless you put in effort to think otherwise you literally start to think "a honda flipped" instead of "a person flipped their honda"

that's also one of then many reasons drivers hate bikes. they see the person instead of the vehicle, which makes them uncomfortable - illusion of privacy shattered

high levels of window tinting

pros:
- hide from cops
cons:
- from the perspective of an outsider, your car has become fully dehumanized, a machine which operates of its own will and exists solely to upset other drivers

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Don't speed

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
this derail sucks compared to the flossing derail which convinced me to get dental floss and use it every day

my teeth feel clean as hell now

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

flossing owns

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Love to get my gums as pink as possible. Nice healthy pink. Love that gay color.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Be a good person. It'll be worth your time I promise.

sir, excuse me,
good things
happen
to good people

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Mayor Dave posted:

You misunderstand, I loving hate cars but if they get turned into a culture war issue it means there's even less chance of destroying them

they already are, petro-masculinity is one of the key cultural tenets of huge swathes of this country

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

pissinthewind posted:

sir, excuse me,
good things
happen
to good people

I mean, occasionally, yeah.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Something that long ago snapped my brain like a dry twig is that while endlessly and limitlessly catastrophizing and handwringing about nuclear power and nuclear waste, people are silent on not just the damage fossil fuels do invisibly, but visibly.

I wish people who write about the "this is not a place of honor" paper consider similar programs for waste plastic, coal slurry, drilling mud, and waste oil.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

bedpan posted:

Something that long ago snapped my brain like a dry twig is that while endlessly and limitlessly catastrophizing and handwringing about nuclear power and nuclear waste, people are silent on not just the damage fossil fuels do invisibly, but visibly.

I wish people who write about the "this is not a place of honor" paper consider similar programs for waste plastic, coal slurry, drilling mud, and waste oil.

Well, it's the same industry driving both phenomena, so marked consistency is to be expected I reckon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/03/1077392791/a-satellite-finds-massive-methane-leaks-from-gas-pipelines

Lol standard operating procedure: they open the pipelines and vent all the ng into the air for maintenance.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Paradoxish posted:

biosphere collapse thread unironically defending pickup truck driver endangering everyone around them

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/03/1077392791/a-satellite-finds-massive-methane-leaks-from-gas-pipelines

Lol standard operating procedure: they open the pipelines and vent all the ng into the air for maintenance.

and sometimes they gently caress it up and kill a bunch of workers too lol

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
i'm gonna go with cars are horrible for the environment, especially trucks (or other low MPG vehicles) and alternatives ought to exist in more of the country
but also the person driving on the shoulder is an insane maniac who nearly caused a collision several times and is the only person really at fault
the earlier video portion shows why the people filming cheered - that car almost hit them and they backed off; truck driver was a dick though

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

wow, sounds like I better ethically consume twice as hard now.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

whoever came up with the term natural gas is a genius, great branding

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

it's natural how can it be bad to release :downs:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

previously we had "town gas" (coal gas) made by heating up coal without burning it.

it had a bunch of carbon monoxide in it, which is why you hear the old timey stories about a killer turning on the gas to murder everyone in the house at night, or being able to just stick your head in an unlit stove for a while to commit suicide.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Evil_Greven posted:

i'm gonna go with cars are horrible for the environment, especially trucks (or other low MPG vehicles) and alternatives ought to exist in more of the country
but also the person driving on the shoulder is an insane maniac who nearly caused a collision several times and is the only person really at fault
the earlier video portion shows why the people filming cheered - that car almost hit them and they backed off; truck driver was a dick though

American culture relishes in being a dick to outrageous assholes, except when it comes to driving, because most people driving a car are outrageous assholes

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/99blackbaloons/status/1489671279154245638

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
counterpoint: kill em all

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Shady Amish Terror posted:

who can we most blame for the american obsession with cars over public transit

Reagan? Probably way too late. Ford?

Wait okay the founder of GM was 'William Crapo Durant', that's a loving hilarious name for a lovely capitalist, let's blame that guy

i'd say eisenhower sealed the deal by going all-in on interstates and highways. and i'm pretty sure he got the idea from his time in germany, so blame hitler i guess

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

It's not child abuse if they turn 18 before things go to complete poo poo :colbert:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The white truck should be charged with attempted murder I am completely serious. You can't play with people like that. You have no idea what could be going on, the reckless speeding car could be under mental duress for myriad reasons - some which you would understand and excuse, others that you may not excuse, others that would make you cry. Just let people pass. And let people merge!

He was letting people pass, even when he tapped the brakes he was still passing traffic. Sorry sir you've been owned. It was a sick crash 10/10.

e: new vid? booooo

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 21:10 on Feb 4, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Understandable. Have a great day!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
he kicked out the back, should have feathered the throttle/countersteered smdh. The question is, would an electric vehicle have prevented the crash? so much center mass... maybe he could have remained in control. Probably could have flatout out accelerated em when going onto the shoulder. another life lost 2 gas guzzlers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

he kicked out the back, should have feathered the throttle/countersteered smdh. The question is, would an electric vehicle have prevented the crash? so much center mass... maybe he could have remained in control. Probably could have flatout out accelerated em when going onto the shoulder. another life lost 2 gas guzzlers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when i was 19 some idiot passed me on the right on a single-lane interstate onramp. he immediately fishtailed, drove perpendicular across the median and died. i cut one of his victims out of her seatbelt when she was upside down

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I was catching up on some radio ecoshock this afternoon

it’s quite a thing that Alex smith can put out one of these episodes with so much info and conversations with experts about new research and topics at such regular intervals

probably just a doomer

e:DOOMER

JAY ZERO SUM GAME has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Feb 4, 2022

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

kaxman posted:

If you brake check someone in the passing lane you deserve death

the only people worried about this are tail gatting aggro drivers tho?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i say swears online posted:

when i was 19 some idiot passed me on the right on a single-lane interstate onramp. he immediately fishtailed, drove perpendicular across the median and died. i cut one of his victims out of her seatbelt when she was upside down

when in doubt, flatout - man entering onramp, probably

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I was catching up on some radio ecoshock this afternoon

it’s quite a thing that Alex smith can put out one of these episodes with so much info and conversations with experts about new research and topics at such regular intervals

probably just a sooner

The quality of guests is hit and miss, but there are some real good eps in there.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

"sloppy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
oops we were a little sloppy with the homeworld