Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

CuddleCryptid posted:

Make it so that it can electrify pools of water and I'm sold. I'm coming for you, 2fort
Level 100 Pyroshark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJx8Acl3-rQ

Wow, I can't believe how many features this thing has. Very discouraging. I wonder how many people are secretly running around with their unbannable private version of this. I remember running into a direct hit solider the other day that absolutely never missed and seemed to destroy everything/instantly react when I was just walking around a corner half a pixel. I highly suspect they were using this now. I didn't realize people actually had reflect/projectile aimbots. I bet there's even comp players running it. I wish Valve could do something but not sure what they can do when people get a paid private version.

A For Effort fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 28, 2022

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

girl dick energy posted:

I actually had a whole paragraph predicting the knock-on effects that removing the Pyro would have. Nothing to keep Soldiers, Demos and Spies in check, so no one plays Engi. No Engi, so Scouts become endemic. Scouts are endemic and there's nowhere to fall back to, so Medics and Snipers become endangered. Even the Spies would starve themselves out with all their food being overhunted. Basically, it'd be a game just full of fast shotgun guys, medium-speed explosive guys, and the occasional big minigun guy. It'd be Quake.
your end conclusion is right but I do feel like it's worth saying you don't need pyros to 'keep spies in check', spy is kept in check by being a weak class in general and players of any class having decent game sense

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jinh posted:

24/7 allcrit lowgrav orange rules though

Needs more RTD

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

A For Effort posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJx8Acl3-rQ

Wow, I can't believe how many features this thing has. Very discouraging. I wonder how many people are secretly running around with their unbannable private version of this. I remember running into a direct hit solider the other day that absolutely never missed and seemed to destroy everything/instantly react when I was just walking around a corner half a pixel. I highly suspect they were using this now. I didn't realize people actually had reflect/projectile aimbots. I bet there's even comp players running it. I wish Valve could do something but not sure what they can do when people get a paid private version.

Lowest levels of hell for these people
Max Box always has a bunch of videos of teaching you to spot hackers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjcX94nec3g

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

your end conclusion is right but I do feel like it's worth saying you don't need pyros to 'keep spies in check', spy is kept in check by being a weak class in general and players of any class having decent game sense
:hmmyes:

I also think that Huntsman Snipers and Gunslinger Engis would probably still survive, but that still doesn't exactly dispute the conclusion that it'd become a game of pure hyperoffense. Which, thinking about it, is basically just 6v6 comp, but bad.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
removing pyros also makes ubers uncounterable again. this would probably make the final stage on dustbowl at least much much more balanced/playable which it hasn't been since they added the airblast. kind of a niche gain for what you lose.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Which ties into why I don't like the Direct Hit being so good against buildings, makes it too easy for the attacking team to just trivialize defensive positions through rocket spam, which can make playing Engineer on Defense really obnoxious at times, especially in the all too frequent scenario where you end up being the only person to go Engineer(often because no one else wants to and a team on defense without an Engineer might as well not even bother), not to mention that in recent times no one seems to want to play Pybro anymore even though it's an almost essential part of maintaining a successful nest as well

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

girl dick energy posted:

I also think that Huntsman Snipers and Gunslinger Engis would probably still survive, but that still doesn't exactly dispute the conclusion that it'd become a game of pure hyperoffense. Which, thinking about it, is basically just 6v6 comp, but bad.
yeah. except pyro still gets used sometimes in 6v6 comp defending last or whatever, they're just normally not good enough in the format lol

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I still say twelvelander is the purest form of the game.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Mobility is king in 6s, Pyro doesn't have enough to keep up when you're allowed to run two copies of the actually mobile classes.

(Sniper also gets played because he can do his thing even without having the mobility to get right on top of the other team. Other off-classes are situational picks for when mobility is less important like last holds).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Baron von Eevl posted:

I still say twelvelander is the purest form of the game.

I think I've mentioned my idea for a 12v12 format before;

1. for the first nine slots it follows Highlander rules(you have to have at least one of all nine classes on your team)
  2. for the remaining three slots each team can have one additional member each of the following classes; Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Heavy, and Engineer
  3. an additional Demo-Man can be taken as well, but they aren't allowed to equip a damaging Sticky Launcher, they can only equip shields or the Sticky Jumper
  4. there would be a couple banned weapons but not necessarily following the lists most of the existing competitive formats follow(the post I made a page or two or so ago talking about what weapons I'd ban if I had my own server hints at what it would look like)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

drrockso20 posted:

I think I've mentioned my idea for a 12v12 format before;

1. for the first nine slots it follows Highlander rules(you have to have at least one of all nine classes on your team)
  2. for the remaining three slots each team can have one additional member each of the following classes; Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Heavy, and Engineer
  3. an additional Demo-Man can be taken as well, but they aren't allowed to equip a damaging Sticky Launcher, they can only equip shields or the Sticky Jumper
  4. there would be a couple banned weapons but not necessarily following the lists most of the existing competitive formats follow(the post I made a page or two or so ago talking about what weapons I'd ban if I had my own server hints at what it would look like)

My version is similar, but the extra 3 slots are all gimmick loadouts determined in advance of the game that can be anything from demoknight or gunslinger engie to fat scout or trolldier.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ArfJason posted:

im not the greatest but ill never pass up a chance to post my sick pyro frags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCQRGVMdY_M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J8j-yMM2gM

These were fantastic :)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

CoolCab posted:

removing pyros also makes ubers uncounterable again. this would probably make the final stage on dustbowl at least much much more balanced/playable which it hasn't been since they added the airblast. kind of a niche gain for what you lose.
Stairs directly from the lower corridor flank to the cliff to the left of the point, instead of having to go through the bridge. Solves a lot of other problems at the same time.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Just popping in to say the Loose Cannon slaps and I like it way better than stock, that's all I got, enjoy your Sunday.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Deleter posted:

Just popping in to say the Loose Cannon slaps and I like it way better than stock, that's all I got, enjoy your Sunday.

I don’t know that Loose Cannon is better than stock, but it’s absolutely more fun than stock.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

girl dick energy posted:

I actually had a whole paragraph predicting the knock-on effects that removing the Pyro would have. Nothing to keep Soldiers, Demos and Spies in check, so no one plays Engi. No Engi, so Scouts become endemic. Scouts are endemic and there's nowhere to fall back to, so Medics and Snipers become endangered. Even the Spies would starve themselves out with all their food being overhunted. Basically, it'd be a game just full of fast shotgun guys, medium-speed explosive guys, and the occasional big minigun guy. It'd be Quake.

Then I realized just saying what they want to play is Quake is both more pithy and less open to nitpicky counterarguments.

so every server is just 6's

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i think 12s should just be 9 classes plus 3 heavies

also each week should be a different map type (week 1 koth, week 2 pl, week 3 cp, week 4 ctf, etc)

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I think ive played more x10 and deathrun than anything else in years.

You hosed it up, cowboy!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

MrYenko posted:

I don’t know that Loose Cannon is better than stock, but it’s absolutely more fun than stock.

My thing is that I am sure stock is better, but I am terrible with it. Can't land pipes on anybody except a Heavy revved up and standing still. I'm just bad. Loose Cannon lets be do a little math problem in my head to airburst it in a bunch of people and if I get the donk then that's even better.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
They made the iron bomber for those of us that can’t hit pipes.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

They made the iron bomber for those of us that can’t hit pipes.

You underestimate my inability.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Speaking of cheaters, it’s amazing how the bots have made people forget human cheaters are a thing.

I played a game of badwater where a dude was pretty obviously hacking on sniper. Two 20+ kill streaks where they only hit headshots and were doing 180 headshots as people just came into view around a corner. Another guy and I called it out because it was hella blatant. His team defended him saying he was really good and that it’s actually valves fault for putting long sight lines on the map. As if he wasn’t hitting multiple split second headshots through gaps a human couldn’t hit consistently.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Hitscan snipers were always a mistake

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

delete sniper

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Sniper needs to exist to contain all the fourteen year old edgelords so they can be relentlessly trolled by sticky jumping Demomen.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sniper, like all the classes, pwns

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The Deleter posted:

Sniper needs to exist to contain all the fourteen year old edgelords so they can be relentlessly trolled by sticky jumping Demomen.

This was true until the caber was nerfed.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

gently caress, just kick him anyways, what fun is a match with some that pubstarry

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Loose Cannon them.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

CuddleCryptid posted:

gently caress, just kick him anyways, what fun is a match with some that pubstarry

You can't kick someone on the enemy team in pubs anymore, and probably the other team was enjoying having an easy round of it.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Set Caber to 10x all stats, everything else remains unchanged.

This one change will single-handedly usher in a new age of prosperity for TF2. All sicknesses and illnesses will be purged of our world; all poverty and hunger will be solved. Earth will become the utopia it was meant to be.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

The Deleter posted:

Can't land pipes on anybody except a Heavy revved up and standing still.

As someone who plays a lot of demo stationary heavies (and spies) are the hardest targets to hit. You get so used to leading everyone that it fucks up my aim.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Speaking of cheaters, it’s amazing how the bots have made people forget human cheaters are a thing.

I played a game of badwater where a dude was pretty obviously hacking on sniper. Two 20+ kill streaks where they only hit headshots and were doing 180 headshots as people just came into view around a corner. Another guy and I called it out because it was hella blatant. His team defended him saying he was really good and that it’s actually valves fault for putting long sight lines on the map. As if he wasn’t hitting multiple split second headshots through gaps a human couldn’t hit consistently.

I've played on community servers where all it takes is voice chat to convince people

Like people will just do it in pairs and defend each other over voice and well golly gosh gee this crit switching soldier and aimbot heavy vouch for each other, they must be legit!!

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
How have I played since beta and I'm still hearing voice lines for the first time

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

8 Ball posted:

How have I played since beta and I'm still hearing voice lines for the first time

They added a bunch in jungle inferno, but that was 4.5 years ago.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Someone has created a new TF2 mod, and is teasing their announcement with a single photo and only a short description:

quote:

Here's a sneak peek of a project I've been working on for >1 year:

Yes, this is a real TF2 screenshot, and yes, it actually works. I'm going to be recording footage of it soon-ish with a bunch of friends.
If this is your kinda thing, stay tuned.

I'm already having flashbacks to 2f2f's 24/7 mario_kart server. It makes me glad to know the TF2 modding scene is still alive.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://youtu.be/1xsw_dTPYuQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7HdOoa8e88