Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

I know this is a joke, but where I live at least one person was killed in the last year from a sheet of ice blowing off the roof of an SUV and impaling the driver of the vehicle behind it :stare:

it's the perfect crime when the murder weapon melts away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

FistEnergy posted:

I really enjoyed tarpchat, thank u everyone. I worked 23 hours yesterday and 20 the day before and I needed a laugh :3:

Sometimes people just need the tarp ripped off their preconceived notions of the possible.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
TarpShield cars go farther.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Tarp!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ok i've been thinking, what if after it snows on your tarp'ed car you tie the tarp to something stationary and then gun the engine and then voila the snow is gone with the tarp

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

My gods, what is that man doing to his tarp?!?!?!?!?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
If you lie down on your car and become the tarp, you can simply stand up and shake the snow off.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
If the problem is the tarp rubbing on the car, simply use some metal or wooden polls to construct a frame that keeps the tarp from touching the car.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
tarpman died

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

what if instead of putting a tarp on the car, you put a heated blanket on it, then turn it on and melt all the snow

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

SirPablo posted:

Cloud free night across the planet

planet's clear, cloud

wait, where'd he go

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i store my tarps under my car to protect them from the elements

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dustcat posted:

i store my tarps under my car to protect them from the elements

What if you drive a Honda Element and it is leaking oil, huh? Huh?

Bet you didn't even think of that.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Otacon posted:

What if you drive a Honda Element and it is leaking oil, huh? Huh?

Bet you didn't even think of that.

hmmm good point i should probably put a tarp over them

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

that's the worst andy daly character i've ever seen

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What if you put a tarp on the tarp

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oh my god this just popped up in my tl —— kismet!!!

https://twitter.com/DjHustlenomics/status/1489423492865007617

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SirPablo posted:

What if you put a tarp on the tarp

literally came to post my genius idea about just using two tarps. gently caress

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Nenonen posted:

The key to winter driving is to clear a palm sized spot in the windscreen and pretend you're an U-boat captain navigating by periscope in the middle of an arctic convoy! :mil101:

I imagine it more like a tank's viewslit

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
if you can put a crack in the ice on the roof of the car you can pour in homemade de-icer and eventually it'll melt the ice that's keeping it attached to the car you you can begin chipping away at it

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

that man has the strength of many

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

If it's too much to lift, you can always knock some of it off with a push broom

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I wouldn’t even brush that tiny bit off just wiper and go. let’s see him do that with 12 inches

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Mr. Lobe posted:

If it's too much to lift, you can always knock some of it off with a push broom

I did this with the end of an old one this year and broke it off in the snow on my roof :laugh: I thought I could just kinda cut a block off from below.. nope

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

:vince:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
So... it is a thing you can do?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

what if you drive a tarp

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

tarp

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Vernii posted:

I imagine it more like a tank's viewslit

TARGET T72 RANGE ONE THOUSAND YARDS, FIRE SABOT [crashes into Chevy Trax]

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Atleast 1/3 of Memphis and the surrounding area has been without power for 30 hours or so, with freezing temps and trees falling everywhere. the local power company said it might take days to fully recover.

People are comparing it to the ‘94 ice storm. I was only four when that happened, but I can still remember it a bit, and it was much worse. Our power was out for two weeks, hopefully it won’t take that long this time.

My power went out from 10-9 yesterday, then went back on, and then off again at 6 in the morning.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

i say swears online posted:

literally came to post my genius idea about just using two tarps. gently caress

2 tarps 1 goon

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

OK baizuo posted:

That happens anyway though? You just gotta smack em around a little bit on the windshield

I neglected to prop my wipers up once before a round of freezing rain in Kansas and wound up with a multi-inch thick block of ice gluing my wipers to the windshield. I haven't made the same mistake since.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I’ve never even considered pouring boiling water on my car to clear ice and snow. I assume it would crack the windshield, blister the paint, and melt plastic stuff?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Bob Socko posted:

I’ve never even considered pouring boiling water on my car to clear ice and snow. I assume it would crack the windshield, blister the paint, and melt plastic stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqCzJ9yJWaI

moravec
Apr 24, 2007

The fourth law of robots is screw you, I'm outta here.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

This only works when the car is fresh out of the box.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i still play D&D over discord with people back in memphis and our thursday game got canceled as a result, sucks

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

if you listen carefully you can hear the sound of non-tarp-believers getting owned

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
I got two dozen peanut butter cookies from the old nurse neighbor because i'm a big strong boy shoveling snow :)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jesus it's loving cold out!!!!? What the gently caress!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Call me insane if I'm out of line here but like I've been thinking of this problem all day. I sat wrapped up in a tarp not even eating.

What if instead of a tarp we put our vehicle in a purpose built structure with like a door big enough for one to drive in and out of? I know I know crazy.

Make it big enough and one could even like put other poo poo like bikes and lawnmowers in (but then it might become so full we need the tarp again so store tarps in the building for sure.

Edit: Also my old lady neighbor owes me some got drat cookies, I always do her sidewalk.

tater_salad has issued a correction as of 02:58 on Feb 5, 2022