Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Maigius posted:

Precipitation:

better without the legend imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What the gently caress is braum's mix

You get any softer than a frosty, that's a goddamn milkshake

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

We're actually experiencing some McFlurries at present

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I googled Braum's mix and it sounds like just a blizzard. Like you pick your ice cream and your candy and they mix it up.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Somebody make one of those silt-sand-loam triangles but with dairy, candy and i dunno, fruit I guess so we can distinguish Braum's Mix, McFlurry and DQ Blizzard

TIA

or maybe it should be liquid (low fat <-> high fat) / topping (fruit <-> candy) / temperature (hot <-> cold)?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The food part aside, the chart makers don't know the difference between Sweden and Denmark's flags.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
A pasta dinner:

1. Spaghetti that is boiled and then strained, served plain on the kitchen counter in the colander. Next to the colander is a jar of beefy pasta sauce and a plastic shaker of parmesan cheese.
2. Garlic bread that is thin slices off a long italian loaf of bread covered in butter and garlic powder then baked for a few minutes on a foil-covered sheet pan. This sheet pan is also placed on the kitchen counter.
3. Bagged salad placed on the kitchen counter with a bottle of italian dressing next to it.

Everyone serves themselves from the kitchen counter then eats their delicious pasta dinner in the family room while watching the TV

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

A pasta dinner:

1. Spaghetti that is boiled and then strained, served plain on the kitchen counter in the colander. Next to the colander is a jar of beefy pasta sauce and a plastic shaker of parmesan cheese.
2. Garlic bread that is thin slices off a long italian loaf of bread covered in butter and garlic powder then baked for a few minutes on a foil-covered sheet pan. This sheet pan is also placed on the kitchen counter.
3. Bagged salad placed on the kitchen counter with a bottle of italian dressing next to it.

Everyone serves themselves from the kitchen counter then eats their delicious pasta dinner in the family room while watching the TV

are you a cousin of mine

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

A pasta dinner:

Mom when did you get an SA account

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I just don't ever make spaghetti. It doesn't taste any better than other forms of pasta, but it's more annoying to eat.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Bucatini is where it’s at.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm sorry, I screwed up. The foil covered pan with the garlic bread on it goes on top of the burners on the stove. Definitely not on the kitchen counter.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm forming an international coalition united against those who would have ketchup with pasta :911::respek::italy:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm forming an international coalition united against those who would have ketchup with pasta :911::respek::italy:

That’s basically against Eastern Europe - as a Latvian I can confirm that the Polish rating goes both north and east.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010
Wow, how do you get so many people that care about whether something is a main dish or a side dish.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought the third entry was "eating pasta with a fork rather than your hands" and I got real worried about Mexico

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

I'm sorry, I screwed up. The foil covered pan with the garlic bread on it goes on top of the burners on the stove. Definitely not on the kitchen counter.

*Now* this resonates with me

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I always rinse my pizza after I take it out of the oven.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Phy posted:

I thought the third entry was "eating pasta with a fork rather than your hands" and I got real worried about Mexico

Same, except my eyes eagerly shot across the chart, ready to identify and condemn the barbarians

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Why would you rinse the pasta after, the point is to have a nice hot meal

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

I think some psychos believe that removes excess starch or some poo poo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ok there's a lot of stuff going on here but... how is "eating pizza for lunch" not at 100 percent? What's the controversy?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

Allegedly, "Keeps it from sticking together".

But cooking it in enough water takes care of that.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MrUnderbridge posted:

Allegedly, "Keeps it from sticking together".

But cooking it in enough water takes care of that.
Don't even need a lot of water if you stir it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rinsing the pasta means it gets slippery and the sauce doesn't stick to it properly. You have to leave it a little sticky with the starch and salt for it to work right. Unless you're some sicko who likes it when all the sauce drips off to the bottom of the bowl in a watery puddle.

If it's sticking together in big clumps, you just cooked it wrong.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Ok there's a lot of stuff going on here but... how is "eating pizza for lunch" not at 100 percent? What's the controversy?

Speculating, but Spain, Mexico, and France are pretty well known for a hearty, often multi course lunch. Pizza might be seen as more of a snack and inadequate for the midday meal?

For India pizza as a lunch food may just not be a widespread concept.

It's pretty close to universal approval everywhere else. Like +86 means 7 in 100 Americans don't approve of the idea, anything will poll at 7%.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What kind of fool does not eat garlic bread at every opportunity?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Draculas

(Draculae?)

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Phy posted:

Draculas

(Draculae?)

Dracula
Draculi
Draculae
Dracula ha ha ha ha ha

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Draculi.

Ketchup pasta is such a hosed up idea that I thought it was an American Midwest thing at first, like out in Dust Bowl country where recipes were invented by starving white people with nothing but jello and mayonnaise on the shelf. Did Denmark go through some kind of terrible famine?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Hong Kong is clearly the winner here, they just love all food.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Breetai posted:

Dracula
Draculi
Draculae
Dracula ha ha ha ha ha

My brain did that to me when I was posting, so, sincerely, thank you for this

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Ragnar34 posted:

Draculi.

Ketchup pasta is such a hosed up idea that I thought it was an American Midwest thing at first, like out in Dust Bowl country where recipes were invented by starving white people with nothing but jello and mayonnaise on the shelf. Did Denmark go through some kind of terrible famine?

My wife will make ketchup spaghetti for herself occasionally as some kind of childhood flashback comfort food, and she's from a family of Boston Poles.

I don't get it, but she puts up with dumb poo poo I do too so I figure it's pretty much even in the end.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Ketchup on pasta i definitely enjoyed as a kid, grate some cheese on it and have a good time. That said if I wanted to try to relive this youthful pleasure as an adult I would at least have the decency to do it in secret in my own home with the curtains drawn and tape over my laptop camera in case any computer hackers saw my shame

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Breetai posted:

Dracula
Draculi
Draculae
Dracula ha ha ha ha ha

Dra-aculee
Draculoo
Dracula
Dracula-ha!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I like how the US apparently doesn't know what a bolognese sauce is since it's rated so low

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Ragnar34 posted:

Draculi.

"Pasta avec sauce Heinz" is a very popular meal among children and students who can't afford anything else at the end of the month

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
What are the statistics on not soaking the bacalau before eating it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data posted:

I like how the US apparently doesn't know what a bolognese sauce is since it's rated so low

This comes up from time to time usually mocking the UK where spaghetti Bolognese is popular. It’s something to do with it being the french name for an Italian dish? I guess in the US its got a different name or is just called a ragu or something?