Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Lostconfused posted:

Guess Japanese soft power isn't all that.

You could say it was... flattened.

I'll see myself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

weaponization of the dollar in international trade and finance having consequences

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/aidachavez/status/1489678442283077633

swell

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

so by military training they mean overthrowing governments friendly to China.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i don't think death squads are that cheap anymore

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/MrKRudd/status/1489737125792980994

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i don't think death squads are that cheap anymore

not in this labor market

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
dunno if they mentioned this ukrainian robot supersoldier movie, but it came out on netflix not too long ago. pretty sure I saw some "slava ukraini!" graffiti on the walls at one point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outside_the_Wire

quote:

Outside the Wire is a 2021 American science fiction action film directed by Mikael Håfström. It stars Anthony Mackie (who also produced) as an android officer who works with a drone pilot (Damson Idris) to stop a global catastrophe.

In 2036, a civil war between pro-Russian insurgents and local resistances in Ukraine leads the US to deploy peacekeeping forces. During an operation, a team of US Marines and robotic soldiers, called "G.U.M.P."s, are ambushed. Disobeying an order, drone pilot Lt. Harp deploys a Hellfire missile in a drone strike against a suspected enemy launcher, killing two Marines caught in the killzone but saving the 38 Marines who would have been killed by the launcher. As punishment, Harp is redeployed to combat duty at Camp Nathaniel, the US base of operations in Ukraine. Harp he is assigned to Capt. Leo, a highly advanced and experimental android super-soldier masquerading as a human officer, a secret known only by Harp and camp commander Col. Eckhart.

not my G.U.M.P.s :(

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSCPkRUE2xQ

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i think specifically euros as it's a pretty stable currency and you want the deal to be through neutral ground. also seems good for looping in the EU and isolating the US even more.

side note: saddam got invaded when he switched to euros for his oil :rip:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i feel genuinely sad for all the Asian countries who just managed to start getting their act together in the last couple decades now Americas gonna come back and do the Jakarta method all over again :smith:

also it rocks that america can’t spare a loving dime for its own people but always has money to harm others

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

also it rocks that america can’t spare a loving dime for its own people but always has money to harm others

to me, its bad

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

to me, its bad

i was being sarcastic it’s bad for me too because I live in a region hosed over by Americas unwillingness to let people govern themselves

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

gradenko_2000 posted:

apropos of nothing but does anyone know if China is doing boosters/third shots for its population? just something that I've never heard mentioned in the news, though obviously my knowledge is blinkered

yes, i got mine in december and there are stations set up all over for third doses

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fits my needs posted:

uhhh, im just listening to the history of china podcast on spotify for ancient chinese history for background noise working. seems fine.

anything good for modern history out there?

been enjoying this:

crepeface posted:

been listening to People's History Ideas go through china's history starting with the background of the first opium war. it's currently up to 1920s so there's tonnes of eps already out.

pretty sure the host is a maoist tho

it's got really good episode descriptions so you can go through sequentially or pick and choose based on the subject/time

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

i feel genuinely sad for all the Asian countries who just managed to start getting their act together in the last couple decades now Americas gonna come back and do the Jakarta method all over again :smith:

What makes you think 20 million dollars will go a long way in overthrowing the tiniest of asian states?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

That money is just going to go into the bank accounts of defense contractors, and our allies are going to get more patriot missiles.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

What makes you think 20 million dollars will go a long way in overthrowing the tiniest of asian states?

it’s mostly the statement of intent I’m worried about not the exact dollar amount we’re dealing with right now

also people who are traitors to their country can be really cheap if you find the right guy

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Tankbuster posted:

CIA sets up fall guy
$10000 goes to fall guy
rest goes claiming fake illnesses to congress for more funding

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I don't even know what Asian countries they'd try to influence. Most are already pretty thoroughly aligned with 1 side or the other.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CIA guys, please just use that money to overthrow the tyrant Justin Trudeau.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't even know what Asian countries they'd try to influence. Most are already pretty thoroughly aligned with 1 side or the other.

in diplomatic courtesy terms or realpolitik terms

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

crepeface posted:

been enjoying this:

it's got really good episode descriptions so you can go through sequentially or pick and choose based on the subject/time

gonna check it out, thanks! :tipshat:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
propaganda funding going well

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/DaveLeeFT/status/1489767124025282563?s=20&t=_HViO7a601Ab0vNZpZMIPw

ummmm

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Looks mighty anime ngl.

Tankbuster has issued a correction as of 03:37 on Feb 5, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

while I understand that in general news media prepares stories in advance so they’d be ready to publish it’s still insanely funny how badly they want this war lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Palladium posted:

in diplomatic courtesy terms or realpolitik terms

A bit of both I would imagine.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

history repeats itself, first as jakarta then as farce

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

real sus that they even had that headline in the system

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/ComradeMeowgo/status/1489624554733707264?s=20&t=_HViO7a601Ab0vNZpZMIPw

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gradenko_2000 posted:

apropos of nothing but does anyone know if China is doing boosters/third shots for its population? just something that I've never heard mentioned in the news, though obviously my knowledge is blinkered

they’re recommending boosters for everyone six months after your second shot

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Uighur family forced to show tears of joy by CCP officials behind the camera.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

not in this labor market

please be kind to the mercs who did show up to the massacre, nobody wants to kill anymore

drat the americans had the false flag article all along

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/ewong/status/1489598343588241413?t=fpPZQVH3FQmjCUq3xGD7Dw&s=19

we cannot allow a panda gap

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1489619150175678465?t=pVTCyARBhXVL_g9wb8ODUw&s=19

lmao

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/494241456220012574/939175848269975582/polish_politics.mp4

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I didn't think American attitudes towards China could get any more pathetic, but kidnapping pandas really takes the cake.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I would steal a panda from anybody I don't even give a gently caress about china.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

cloning pandas to somehow own china is weirdly specific derangement i didn't see coming