Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

What is the run back thing y’all are talking about? I only ran forward in sekiro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

What is the run back thing y’all are talking about? I only ran forward in sekiro?
Someone never beat the monkeys.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

February 24th, I'm going to wake up, make some breakfast, take my dog for a walk, look out my window while I sip some coffee, maybe exercise a little(probably not) and wait patiently for Elden Ring to unlock. I think it'll be a fine day for many of us.

The more I hear about all the online issues the more nervous I get. Please Miyazaki don't delay at the last minute. I hope he knows a bunch of us scheduled PTO to play when it's supposed to be released.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
The online shenanigans shouldnt affect us console havers tho right....right???

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

The online shenanigans shouldnt affect us console havers tho right....right???

I'm working on xbox and ps versions of the hack just so y'all can join us in purgatory

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I won't get it until the 26th and my workmates want to have a games night and I didn't have the guts to tell them to gently caress off because Elden Ring is out.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

plz everyone stay safe until the elden man, calculate every daily risk, take the path of least resistance everywhere, we cannot afford a single lost soul, every ohhhhh must be accounted for on release day

Guy talked poo poo to me:
"nice hat, you look like a loving dweeb, let's fight!"

Me:
"Sorry man, staying alive for elden ring"

Group of people watching:
"Ohhhhhhhhhhh"

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Guy invades my house

Me frantically trying to disconnect to stay safe for er

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Way of the blue gets summoned to my house

Turns out to be a purple as they shoot me instead

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

all phantoms are bastards

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Disco Pope posted:

I won't get it until the 26th and my workmates want to have a games night and I didn't have the guts to tell them to gently caress off because Elden Ring is out.

Really sorry to hear about the rip-roaring case of COVID or syphilis or whatever it is you're gonna contract on the 23rd. Stay safe and get well soon, goonfriend :ohdear:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I’m gonna play Elden Rang with my best friend irl and probably get him a gift copy too

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1489629885815525384?cxt=HHwWkMC47aOfnawpAAAA

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i just preordered my copy for ps5

like all previous from soft games i will play it and hope to beat it instead of bouncing off it

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
But where is the GUTS starting class, From Soft?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Had a bad feeling about that... but drat, two whole months? Oh well, at least PC players won't have to worr about that... but drat, two whole months? Oh well, at least PC players won'

Edit: what happened

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can see the knights face in the starting armor preorder cancelled

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

enojy posted:

Had a bad feeling about that... but drat, two whole months? Oh well, at least PC players won't have to worr about that... but drat, two whole months? Oh well, at least PC players won'

what in the actual gently caress are you on about

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdmVV4Fq6fU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

enojy posted:

Edit: what happened

Watched a mfer hollow in real time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Be wary of bad feeling
but
Could this be a two whole months?
in short,
try PC

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
God, the Bartholomew trailer for DS1 just owns owns owns. When I saw it I was immediately hooked. It's so well edited too.

https://youtu.be/93LFz_j5fQA

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Are you all looking forward to Elden Ring in 2024

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The trailer for DS2 using Jethro Tull was so badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jC38feoB4

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

hatty posted:

You can see the knights face in the starting armor preorder cancelled

There should be an ash of war to flip down the visor with an accompanying "yeeeeaaaaahhhh" sound effect.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

The Walrus posted:

Can we still run back, if we want to?

I failed, I deserve punishment and to think about what I did wrong

you can in fact. when you die near a stake of marika, you get given the option of respawning nearby at the stake or back at the last site of grace. the runback could be more inconvenient than ever though given the size of the world

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Runbacks were a crutch before From got good at making bosses. Sekiro didn't have them (except for some minibosses but I assume this is also true in elden ring)

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Runbacks are tedium which should not exist (mlmp)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Didn’t even notice Sekiro mostly eliminated runbacks, huh weird.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Thundercracker posted:

God, the Bartholomew trailer for DS1 just owns owns owns. When I saw it I was immediately hooked. It's so well edited too.

https://youtu.be/93LFz_j5fQA

yeah this is about as good as a music-based trailer can get.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

cool av posted:

Runbacks were a crutch before From got good at making bosses. Sekiro didn't have them (except for some minibosses but I assume this is also true in elden ring)

yeah there were still runbacks in the smaller dungeons in the network test but they were not a big deal at all

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

cool av posted:

I haven't exactly hyperanalyzed the footage, but I noticed stakes around basically everything. Starts of small overworld dungeons that were basically just a tunnel to a boss, outside of boss fogs, ten feet away from a jail boss out in the open, etc. It's a pretty elegant solution to always having a checkpoint but not having the map obscured by fast travel markers. I'm sure they will be called out as trash for babies and not TRUE SOULS EXPERIENCE.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hard to believe elden ring is genuinely coming out so soon

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Ohhhhh god dammit we read the release date wrong, it's 2023! :doh:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
what is your first build going to be and why is it power stance grenade launchers

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I will dig up shakespeare's bones and accept the curse that goes along wit hthat. I will extract the dna and make a clone of shakespeare in a blank egg. I will grow the shakespeare clone.

He will write for elden ring 3 and it will own.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Spears are my favorite melee weapon in other media. Santier's Spear is my all-time favorite in DS2 for wild versatility. DS3 had the Ringed Knight Spear, but outside of those they're all stodgy pokes and thrusts with low damage, not the wuxia Crouching Tiger sweeping nonsense that is much more entertaining. Gimme some fun glaives, From!

But barring that, the humble claymore is what commonly carries me through the early game portion. If one shows up early in ER it's probably a real safe choice to upgrade.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i'm gonna find the biggest mace or hammer i can find and use it until i find a bigger one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm gonna find the biggest mace or hammer i can find and use it until i find a bigger one

I keep saying I'm not going to do this then, I'm going to find a big hammer and be like "nice"