Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

PittTheElder posted:

Lol imagine taking advice from Earthworm Jim over here

What is the deal with these awful pictures people take of themselves?

Vintersorg posted:

That guys forehead looks like the ancient SA photoshop thing of that guys forehead that was all scarred up and someone made a like, 50 screen high version of it where you just kept scrolling.

Also, ignoring that response I got is probably right - it was on my (good) cousins post about winter tires or something then you had the crazy trucker supporters come in and I just had to touch the poop.

It's sugar water btw in case none of you figured it out - we're all being duped!! (actual words)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I'm not looking forward to the next time someone does this, with even more extreme ends in mind, since they know it works. A few dozen heavy trucks and you're above the law. Just bring some big vehicles right up to the steps of Parliament and you can do whatever you want.

Oh, but they played street hockey (on the street they illegally barricaded with their idling trucks) and they're dancing and holding nice signs so everything is JUST PEACHY. Ottawans are just being hysterical.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That picture and subsequent photoshop thread got me to join SA - I remember choke-laughing as I kept scrolling at my friends.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What is going on with his forehead? What are those masses of black lines?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Randalor posted:

Treasure map.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Randalor posted:

That guy was a brilliant physicist before he started doing meth and then stumbled into a thornbush.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://twitter.com/DouglasCityNews/status/1489703035672662019

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

HackensackBackpack posted:

I'm not looking forward to the next time someone does this, with even more extreme ends in mind, since they know it works. A few dozen heavy trucks and you're above the law. Just bring some big vehicles right up to the steps of Parliament and you can do whatever you want.

Oh, but they played street hockey (on the street they illegally barricaded with their idling trucks) and they're dancing and holding nice signs so everything is JUST PEACHY. Ottawans are just being hysterical.

They shoveled a sidewalk so it's all good

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

They nuked the gofundme
https://medium.com/gofundme-stories/update-gofundme-statement-on-the-freedom-convoy-2022-fundraiser-4ca7e9714e82

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

"Good people on both sides"
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/bergen-pushed-o-toole-to-back-convoy-saying-there-are-good-people-on-both-sides-sources-1.5768337

quote:

OTTAWA -- Interim Conservative Leader Candice Bergen pushed predecessor Erin O’Toole to show support for the Freedom Convoy protest, arguing last week there are “good people on both sides,” an echo of the phrase made infamous by former U.S. president Donald Trump after a Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Va., in 2017.

Bergen also told O’Toole and other members of the Conservative shadow cabinet that there were “reasonable people” at the truckers’ protest, just as there were in the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Her remarks came during a meeting of the party’s priorities and planning committee in a boardroom of Parliament’s West Block. O’Toole was present at the meeting but didn’t directly respond, according to sources who were present.

Some in attendance were surprised she would evoke the Trump phrase in the context of the truckers’ convoy, which had yet to reach Ottawa.

The sources told CTV News that Bergen believed any political risk Conservative MPs might face if they attended or publicly offered support would be limited as long as they avoided any potentially inflammatory symbols.

As it happened, on Saturday, Alberta Conservative MP Michael Cooper was interviewed by CBC News with a flag bearing a swastika in the background. He later issued a press release condemning the symbols of hate seen at the protest.

Although O’Toole was first reticent about aligning with the protest, he did meet individually with some truckers last week, at a truck stop about an hour’s drive outside of Ottawa.

Bergen’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment Friday.

I definitely hate her.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

I think this forced the city's hand to sue the organizers, because they'll need to get gofundme to freeze the funds before they're refunded? It's hard to tell what's true and what isn't in this fog of disinformation.

e: Also lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They will for sure have a reasonable and rational response to this.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

They will for sure have a reasonable and rational response to this.

Lich (god her name is so ironic) was already pulling direct donations to her poo poo. The grift will continue.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

quote:

We now have evidence from law enforcement that the previously peaceful demonstration has become an occupation, with police reports of violence and other unlawful activity.
blammo

quote:

we will work with organizers to send all remaining funds to credible and established charities verified by GoFundMe
Wonder what Tamara Lich's favourite charity is.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
We will coordinate with the people doing the illegal act to direct the money they illegally gathered via our platform to charities of their choice (VERIFIED BY US THO SO LIKE YEAH).

Real loving great response, go fund me is the vulture picking apart capitalisms half dead corpse.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
For tomorrows solida...sorry that word is a commie word....support convoy in Vancouver there is going to be a bike counter-protest that will hopefully reroute these idiots from the three hospitals they hope to drive by. Hope Vancouver goons can join in or at least send a donation to some place like a homeless shelter or such in solidarity.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somebody is documenting all of the traitors parked in downtown ottawa.

Going through the pictures, only one so far i've seen has a US DOT number.

Most of them don't even have an IFTA license. they don't even cross provincial borders.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 10, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Powershift posted:

Most of them don't even have an IFTA license. they don't even cross provincial borders.

I'm shocked!

Well, not that shocked...

It was never, ever about truckers. At literally no point did it have anything to do with truckers per se. Every single trucker I've seen has no time for these poo poo-stains.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

apatheticman posted:

We will coordinate with the people doing the illegal act to direct the money they illegally gathered via our platform to charities of their choice (VERIFIED BY US THO SO LIKE YEAH).

Real loving great response, go fund me is the vulture picking apart capitalisms half dead corpse.

The CRA has a section devoted to combating terrorist financing via Charities, so I would imagine this announcement (if not already anticipated) would just serve to open active monitoring of where this money is going and who is behind it.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 5, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PT6A posted:

I'm shocked!

Well, not that shocked...

It was never, ever about truckers. At literally no point did it have anything to do with truckers per se. Every single trucker I've seen has no time for these poo poo-stains.

It was started by a man with a Winnebago.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 5, 2022

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Powershift posted:

Yeah I was going through that too. I wonder how many of the idiots from the prairies don't have the provincial license border crossing license?

Also for the ones who are basically their own business, their "business address" is basically their home, and is all over the internet. I'm having a serious urge to start mailing out full-colour printouts of goatse.

And it sounds like there will be class-action lawsuits on top of whatever criminal charges get laid against these fucks.

Madkal posted:

For tomorrows solida...sorry that word is a commie word....support convoy in Vancouver there is going to be a bike counter-protest that will hopefully reroute these idiots from the three hospitals they hope to drive by. Hope Vancouver goons can join in or at least send a donation to some place like a homeless shelter or such in solidarity.

Details?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

How loving hard is it to set up a perimeter around this occupation and then wait them out? Christ, make me captain I'll do it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I would not be biking anywhere near these right wing psychos in trucks

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

EngineerJoe posted:

How loving hard is it to set up a perimeter around this occupation and then wait them out? Christ, make me captain I'll do it.

That was the plan, but then dirty cops kept letting them resupply and refuel, on video, and Sloly still claims they're not.

quote:

"There is no facilitation of food, water, fuel, logistics or funding by any member of this police service or any other police service that I am aware of," Sloly said.

Sloly added if that is the case, he would conduct a full investigation.

"I will use the full extent of the Police Services Act and, if relevant, the Criminal Code to pursue charges against such a member who would do that."

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Powershift posted:

That was the plan, but then dirty cops kept letting them resupply and refuel, on video, and Sloly still claims they're not.

Look, who are you going to believe? A cop, or your own eyes?

I've read some things about him and how he was probably decent at one point, and has been (even before the blockade) in a very difficult situation, but I think it's safe to say he's pretty drat rotten at this point. If we was ever the mythical "good cop," then the bad apples did indeed spoil the bunch.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

EngineerJoe posted:

If you want to help, there is lots of poo poo going on, just a lot that's hard to talk openly about. Some will be blocking off their staging point parking lot with their own trucks just before they want to roll. Some will be handling intersections on foot and bike. The staging parking lot is a good place to go if you want to do perimeter stuff. And then lots of choke points are along the way.

Gonna be an interesting day tomorrow.

I'll be grabbing photos of any company names with a way to ID the truck to the driver if possible (bye bye, your job), providing food, water, and medical as needed to non fash for my zone. Repacked and rechecked all gear. Not how I'd like to spend my Saturday but I don't feel there is any choice. Gotta draw lines.

Oh and cut your earplugs in half, harder to see. Consider being able to change shirts to a different colour. Never stop moving.

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 5, 2022

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kind of sounds like people are going to get run over by bad apple lone wolves.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

That happened, I guess

https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1489737384552017921

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The Butcher posted:

I'll be grabbing photos of any company names with a way to ID the truck to the driver if possible (bye bye, your job)

The companies employing or contracting the truckers already know who the truckers at the event are. Neither the truck nor the trucker have made a delivery in a week.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I'm pretty sure they've all been GPS tracked for over a decade too

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Powershift posted:

Kind of sounds like people are going to get run over by bad apple lone wolves.

Eh, I'll probably go, but sus things out before doing anything too risky.

But yeah I think tomorrow is going to be a shitshow in a lot of cities across Canada. The counter-protests in Ottawa were denied a permit, and anyone who can be pointed to as an organizer has disavowed them to reduce liability, but even the cops are expecting at least a thousand counter-protestors. The Vancouver counter-protest stuff is looking like it could be big, and I can only imagine it being similar in Toronto.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

The same day they lose their $10m GoFundMe, they get hit with a $9.8M class action lawsuit lmao

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/sk7gpj/bikepedestrian_counter_blockade_saturday/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Here is the Reddit post about the counter protest.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Thanks -- yeah I'd found it. It is kinda public, so I guess we'll see whether the truckfucklers find it and change course. But regardless, if several hundred people show up on bikes and start critical massing around as a counter-protest, that's gotta count for something. Anyway, I'll be there.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Lead out in cuffs posted:

The counter-protests in Ottawa were denied a permit

Lol at loving giving a poo poo about that if the rules don't apply both ways.

Organized stuff is not always the way, way harder to kill decentralized stuff than one with a leader, structure and names to pin it on.

It has its place in the mix, and resonates with some people better. And that's ok and still helpful.

It's more of a pain in the rear end to manage, but I'd rather be a :ghost: .

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Feldegast42 posted:

It seems like this is building up to a situation where Trudeau sending in the troops is the only real option

“Say the line, Trudeau!”

“…just watch me…”

“YAAAAAAAY!”

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

You think your dad took this kind of poo poo from the FLQ? What, do they need to bomb a mailbox or something? Get out there!

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

My dad fled the province all the way to Toronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Feldegast42 posted:

It seems like this is building up to a situation where Trudeau sending in the troops is the only real option

Does Canada's military not have the equipment and expertise to extract large pieces of heavy machinery from swamps? Semi tractors on pavement should be a piece of cake. There wouldn't even be anyone lobbing explosives during the operation.