Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

well, it was those lazy workers, they're so sloppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

:mods:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A Bakers Cousin posted:

the only people worried about this are tail gatting aggro drivers tho?

Easy to get caught up in that kind of accident as a third party, people that brake check should lose their license no questions asked. You need to drive a multi-ton vehicle responsibly, something most truck drivers seem to fail at.

If someone is tailgating you, the correct response is ignoring them or letting them pass.

Also, if you're not passing someone, move to the right.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
you know if you never ride someones bumper 12 inches away a break check wouldn't warrant such a harsh response

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A Bakers Cousin posted:

you know if you never ride someones bumper 12 inches away a break check wouldn't warrant such a harsh response

Stop driving like an idiot. You don't need to teach "lessons" on public roads. You're operating a multi-ton vehicle, be an adult, Jesus Christ.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Fame Douglas posted:

Stop driving like an idiot. You don't need to teach "lessons" on public roads. You're operating a multi-ton vehicle, be an adult, Jesus Christ.

so you love to tail gate? im not sure what your point is other than you drive like a poo poo head?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

what is the use in operating a multi-ton vehicle unless I can drive how I want to drive and act how I want to act without consequence?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

so you love to tail gate? im not sure what your point is other than you drive like a poo poo head?

tapping the brakes on someone tailgating is the citizens' arrest of driving

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
take it to the driving thread. can’t understand any of this

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

take it to the driving thread. can’t understand any of this

the important thing to remember is that if you flatten a bunch of people at a farmer's market, just shout "get out of the way" a bunch. if the victims are in cars that is a different story.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

A Bakers Cousin posted:

they are saying everyone should drive as safely as possible. I get tailgaters all the loving time and I just pull over. It's a fun little game because you can get the tailgaters to tailgate each other and watch safely from behind while they all brake check one another like complete loving idiots

anyways cars are loving stupid and I only drive because I am basically coerced gently caress everything

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Look what car culture hath wrought. We're all arguing about driving

It's like arguing about the best way to club a seal

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
in the head obviously

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i sold my car a couple of years ago and have never been more content with my life

that said, i did immediately move to an area i can walk anywhere necessary

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

FFT posted:

i sold my car a couple of years ago and have never been more content with my life

that said, i did immediately move to an area i can walk anywhere necessary

Primo av/post synergy

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

whoever came up with the term natural gas is a genius, great branding

i remember doing a presentation in 6th grade science class about how good natural gas heat was for the environment

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

whoever came up with the term natural gas is a genius, great branding

it is the sensible, moderate fuel to use between ?????? and ?????? on our way to zero (net) carbon

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Primo av/post synergy
:hmmyes:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Stevie Lee posted:

i remember doing a presentation in 6th grade science class about how good natural gas heat was for the environment

it is much easier to breathe in a city heated by natural gas than coal, truly

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

ban cars

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

When I got probed in D&D (one of the times) and took a break it was for basically having this take.

They got so mad that I said I think the majority of people having children probably shouldn't and that more parents are likely to be bad parents than good ones.

They demanded I have a source for that, and I said, "look around you. there's your proof most parents are poo poo at their jobs."

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

(ghost floating up out of the wreckage, shaking fist)
"Look what you made me doooOOOOoooo"

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

i say swears online posted:

when i was 19 some idiot passed me on the right on a single-lane interstate onramp. he immediately fishtailed, drove perpendicular across the median and died. i cut one of his victims out of her seatbelt when she was upside down
you're burying the lede about your wife

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

her previous husband died in the crash

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Stevie Lee posted:

your report was immediately attached to that years ipcc, congratulations

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The white truck is the energy industry, the Honda is climate scientists, we are the cameraman cheering when the scientist wreck the car by flying into the wall.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/dwallacewells/status/1489791416926621699
bad news for Florida goons

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
where i grew up it's literally the law that you have to yield the left lane to passing traffic

there's a special place in hell for the adult hall monitors of the world

you literally have no idea who's behind you, where they're coming from, where they're going, what they're doing, why they're driving fast, and it's really the correct option to get the gently caress out of the way

i drive fast as gently caress, but sometimes i see some motherfucker who drives actually insanely fast and you know what i do?

i get the gently caress out of their way because i see them coming up behind me for literal miles and i very easily, calmly, rationally get the gently caress over to the right lane and let them pass

f=ma, motherfuckers, quit loving playing games where there isn't a loving game and actual real lives IRL are in the balance

you know who blocks the left lane? people who aren't loving going anywhere and have nothing else the gently caress to do and have no actual power over anything in their lives so they childishly try to take control and be in charge wherever they can because their egos so loving fragile and they're so loving pathetic

that said, cars are evil af and destroying the world tho, i hate seeing them everyfuckingwhere every single day of my stupid loving life

sorry, this poo poo loving pisses me the gently caress off :yeeclaw:

e: i probably wouldn't rock over to the shoulder to pass someone, but i feel like i've actually done it before and if someone was blocking the left lane for long enough i would pick a safe spot to try to do it, not just floor it as soon as i got frustrated

i've definitely passed a car in a right curve on a road where it was illegal to pass and the funniest part was the person laid on their horn like "heyyyy you're not supposed to do that!" when they had been deliberately driving slower to stop me from doing my loving job because i was at work

Alobar has issued a correction as of 03:59 on Feb 5, 2022

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Alobar posted:

you literally have no idea who's behind you, where they're coming from, where they're going, what they're doing, why they're driving fast, and it's really the correct option to get the gently caress out of the way

i drive fast as gently caress

you know who blocks the left lane? people who aren't loving going anywhere and have nothing else the gently caress to do and have no actual power over anything in their lives so they childishly try to take control and be in charge wherever they can because their egos so loving fragile and they're so loving pathetic

e: i probably wouldn't rock over to the shoulder to pass someone, but i feel like i've actually done it before and if someone was blocking the left lane for long enough i would pick a safe spot to try to do it, not just floor it as soon as i got frustrated

i've definitely passed a car in a right curve on a road where it was illegal to pass

You are part of the problem

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

nice acknowledgement followed by immediate dismissal of actor-observer bias

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

You sound like a psycho that's a danger to everyone around you when you're behind the wheel. Please say off the roads before you kill someone.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
car people ruin everything, even collapse

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Our machines truly do make us insane in their image.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

LionArcher posted:

When I got probed in D&D (one of the times) and took a break it was for basically having this take.

They got so mad that I said I think the majority of people having children probably shouldn't and that more parents are likely to be bad parents than good ones.

They demanded I have a source for that, and I said, "look around you. there's your proof most parents are poo poo at their jobs."

This reminds me that the final vindictive dumbass who was busy salting my rap sheet back in the day has either resigned or been fired, I should appeal my D&D ban. :thunk:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

well, it was those lazy workers, they're so sloppy

back in the day people would collect coal scattered around train tracks to heat their homes but workers today are too lazy to bring a little methane home from work with them

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

biosphere collapse:

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

all you can do is watch, hoot, and holler

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Brake checks don't just endanger you and the idiot behind you but also everyone else on the road.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

the correct opinion is that both drivers were dumbasses and they should have deleted each other off the road

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
QQ more babies

anyone who blocks and slows down traffic and doesn't get out of the way of faster traffic is a real loving piece of poo poo

i don't give a gently caress

and the punishment for brake checking people should be a flogging

this is literally a country where you can wait til you're a certain age and then take a short exam to get your driver license without any behind-the-wheel experience or behind-the-wheel test, and then you're allowed to drive on any road or highway without ever having driven a car before in your life

gently caress that poo poo

gently caress it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Brake checks don't just endanger you and the idiot behind you but also everyone else on the road.

its almost like both parties are assholes and contributed to the accident