Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

deep dish peat moss posted:

I don't know anything about Delta-8 personally but yeah it's less than 1% THC. I don't know enough (no one does) to say it definitively doesn't gently caress ya brain up a bit but if it does I doubt it's from the same effects on the endocannabinoid system that high-potency weed has.

heard.

interwhat posted:

Take care, goons

<3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I dunno about the long-term effects but I can definitely say from experience in the short term that delta-8, while not feeling the same to me as actual weed, and not being my preference, gets the job done if what I'm going for is as described in Acid Raindrops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dr1kQDGgRk

However I highly recommend separating yourself from your source of it once you use it, because yea it's very easy to go "I need that one more I'm not there yet." Also, all those different "flavors" or whatever if you go to a shop, all those different names feel different just like you'd expect from weed. So if you do go that route, it's worth treating it as though it's genuine. If you're trying to err on the side of caution, I dunno that I would advise using it. It's awfully similar to me. When I say it's not my preference, I do mean that, but I would still treat it as a real drug.

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 5, 2022

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress I love PUTS

make sure you check out Ugly Duckling if you like PUTS and don't know UD

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The Walrus posted:

goin off like a cuckoo clock
i was kickin with the beat til my shoe flew off

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Walrus posted:

I know I'm much more broken than most.

Hah. I need to get some black text in my AV that says "Go ahead and trigger my c-ptsd and watch what happens. I'll eat another probe. idgaf!" :P

signalnoise posted:

I dunno about the long-term effects but I can definitely say from experience in the short term that delta-8, while not feeling the same to me as actual weed, and not being my preference, gets the job done if what I'm going for is as described in Acid Raindrops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dr1kQDGgRk

When the stress burns my brain just like acid raindrops
Mary Jane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The Walrus posted:

DDPM, thanks for that, it's a really interesting post that had some info I wasn't aware of. It will help me, I think. Is there any value in tapering, if I'm able to do that? I'm not, at all, when there is flower or vape pens or anything available to me, but I've got a whole bunch of 1:1 thc:cbd distillate that I've had some success in the past with using to get away from the habitual vape-packing aspect and the 'one more hit to get even higher' compulsion. It might be worthwhile for me to do a 2 week taper process on that stuff potentially.

I ask because I broke and had a mL of it just now so I'm hoping I can make it a productive first step on the way to quitting rather than yet another failure on my part. I just put it under my tongue and then spit it out though rather than swallowing though - so only half broke. Honestly if I can not go buy some weed to inhale, I'll consider it a win I guess.

edit: I've smoked every day for about 17 years. only breaks were for usa vacations - went two weeks once but I was FIENDING on the drive back.

I don't know the exact mechanics of recovery from THC dependence - if they've even been studied yet it's not something I've stumbled across and when I was in school for all my LISAC stuff (which I don't actively do/pursue anymore) weed was still not even medicinally legal in most of the US and no one acknowledged that having a 'weed problem' was possible. From a general substance counseling standpoint there are some drugs you should ALWAYS taper (benzos, barbituates and alcohol can literally kill a serious addict from cold turkey withdrawal) but other than that it's kind of just figuring out what works best for you re: taper vs. cold turkey.

This is veering away from fact now into just my opinion/gut feeling/guess but it seems to me like the more powerful the addictive effect/the more dependent you are the less effective tapering is. Nicotine for example is notoriously much easier to quit going cold turkey. For a large percentage of people nicotine replacement like gum or lozenges or whatever works, but for the majority it makes it harder to quit. Nicotine is of course one of the most addictive substances by volume (and likely one of the most deadly but we ingest it in extremely low volume). Opioid Replacement Therapy (methadone, suboxone, etc) is really controversial and doesn't always help - and everyone I know who has been in it loving hates it - but for a lot of people it's the only thing that's close enough to make them not feel like they need to go get high

When I was actually going to school for this stuff there was zero literature on weed dependence because it just wasn't a thing anyone acknowledged yet or that many people experienced so :shrug: but I'm guessing (based on my own experiences with being dependent on weed as a 24/7 smoker for over a decade) weed is on the lower end of the addiction strength scale and tapering is what helped me settle it down. I'm guessing the most important part in getting over it is just creating some time each day where you're not high, even if it's not all day long. Smoking lower volumes but still smoking 24/7 is probably not super effective because it won't be 'bad enough' for your brain to say 'gently caress this, I'm making my own' again.

To quote the immortal Murs, "I didn't smoke weed so I could feel the high, I smoked so I didn't have to feel the low" - that's what helped me cut back. I spent some time not letting myself smoke to get high, and only letting myself smoke (a small amount) when I was unbearably nauseous or miserable. And I need to do that again especially after the last 2 pandemic-years where I have been absurdly high 24/7.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 5, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Walrus posted:

:rip: Double K. That one was tough. Saw them many times during college years.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

I'm deep frying some cauliflower, pakora-style, and tipping brews OP. Electric blanket on fleek.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Out of all the entertainer deaths that came and went during covid so far double k is the only one that I really felt bad about

I still haven't listened to Sincerely, the P much and I feel like once I've finished that, it's over. They're one of my favorite groups of all time, definitely my favorite rap group and I felt so bad for thes

Fartsucker
Jan 20, 2022

by Pragmatica

Cosmic Thing posted:

that book is on my list.

reading American Psycho right now.

Nice. That one's a great read.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm just curious as to what's going on with your life at this moment. What are you up to? Doing anything fun? Working? Masturbating?

I'm just shitposting right now and making like my 5th thread ever in 12 years. I have some economics homework due Saturday that I really have to do and I haven't started the advanced programming homework I was assigned Monday. I gotta get on that. I have a few hobbies I could be doing like building rockets or learning how to crochet but I just never have the energy or motivation. Maybe I'll force myself to do something tonight.

What's going on everyone?

postin' on the internet

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

I used to do well with a dollar bill. But I did get a roller for a while so I could roll my own cigs when I was more poor. It was very easy to roll them too tight though. It took a whole lot of practice.

It's an art.

I'll probably smoke tonight. Out of a bowl. That's my preferred delivery method. Simple. When I'm alone I guess. A joint is good for a crowd. Otherwise it's too much waste. It's burning even when you're not smoking it.

I smoke the carbo weed in a joint after I've finished vaping it.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im
crazy high now from half a little pinner lol

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm switching to night shift tomorrow so I'm just going to stay up all night smoking weed and playing yugiohs

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I spent last night having flashbacks and constant nightmares and spending the day breaking down crying regularly.

There's a lot of memories that involve a lot of blood it turns out. Who knew!

Also gonna go get Oreos later.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
The CBD store near me has these 10mg delta 9 gummies that are totally legit. Every now and then I'll give some other thing a shot and it's a complete waste of money, but these things are legit. I think they're legal because they're "hemp derived"

Not stoned right now though because I gotta go coach at a big wrestling tournament tomorrow. Waking up at 4:30, the bus leaves at 6AM. One of my seniors finally got it to "click" after 3 years of struggling and has been on a tear. he's the most polite, respectful, hard working kid I've ever met and I really hope he gets a medal.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I finally made the tacos! I got off my lazy rear end and accomplished something. They were ok. Standard tacos with store bought crunchy shells and no lettuce.

syntaxfunction posted:

I spent last night having flashbacks and constant nightmares and spending the day breaking down crying regularly.

There's a lot of memories that involve a lot of blood it turns out. Who knew!

Also gonna go get Oreos later.

:sympathy: Sorry you're dealing with that.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i like to make quesalupas when i have crunchy shells

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Dude I am smoking hella weed and drinking $100 worth of baileys

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

nuketulsa posted:

Dude I am smoking hella weed and drinking $100 worth of baileys

nunc est bibendum.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I finally made the tacos! I got off my lazy rear end and accomplished something. They were ok. Standard tacos with store bought crunchy shells and no lettuce.

:sympathy: Sorry you're dealing with that.

Hell yeah, tacos rule. Even okay tacos are good tacos.

And I appreciate it, but I actually really like Oreos.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Just watched some HBOmax, going to go to sleep soon sobi can wale up early tomorrow and go to the gym

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Drunk. Usually in bed by now. Costco run tomorrow.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Fighting sleep.

I don't know why

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Long loving day. and now comes the insomnia. so sleepy and can't sleep. hmmm what inane tv show should i watch i wonder.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Enjoying some time with my family, I hope you all are too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just woke up. Had some crazy dreams like always. My nephew is coming over to sleep over tonight. He just turned 21 but thankfully he's not a drinker at all. My sister (his mom) was adopted so he doesn't have our alcoholic blood. We're going to play Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion, a fantasy based board game. I bought it a while back but it's pretty complicated. And they made it as an easier to play version of the regular Gloomhaven game. I watched a 40 minute How to Play video last night and still don't get it all but it looks fun. Standard dungeon crawl type game.

I have a lot of homework to do before he gets here. It's due tonight.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Eating opioids and laying in bed

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Couldn't fall asleep till 6am. Got 5 hours. Woke with panic attack. currently trying to psych myself up to go dig a hole and put the new mailbox up since it's finally sunny again.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Assembled, dug a hole, and erected a mailbox and post all by my drat self! That's some poo poo for someone who barely stays alive. So proud of myself rn. A fuckin' broke brained Shoes victory!!

Thank you to whomever knocked my mailbox down, btw. :/

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm in tha bath tub

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm in tha bath tub

that's where i am headed now.

...i mean my bathtub, not your bathtub.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I am about to go take my dog for a big walk because he is extra energetic today and will probably appreciate it

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i took a shower. im on a fuckin' roll.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The new season of Sweet Magnolias has dropped. Made some chicken fried rice and watching it with the wife until nap time.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Cosmic Thing posted:

i took a shower. im on a fuckin' roll.

Dang, that's a good idea. I should do the same.
...in a few hours, I'm busy doing nothing.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Woke up from a nap, vomited, now laying down again

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My nephew came over earlier than I wanted. He's playing some Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars (I'll play later) and I'm doing nothing. I don't have energy yet. I'm going to pirate a UFC stream in a minute.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ik slightly drunk on whiskey and now i'm gonna see an episode of some random netflix show "Cheer" with my wife while we eat some delicious curry chicken. Life is good right now tbh. We might follow up with the lates tepisode of Peacemaker, or something else. FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Almost done with my stair banister rails. Just stuck on the newel post caps, and then cleaned most of the house for a father in law visit, that was very short.

Ignore every other aspect of the photos it's the stairs and stair rail we are proud of lol. Another 10 years my kid will be a senior and we'll be done with the remodel!!!!

Edit: for those interested, every ballister(I think that's the term for the metal bars pictured) has a hole cut, at 40 degrees in the rail, and in the steps drilled, then chiseled into a square. I was able to get every hole drilled, each ballister cut to it's individual length, and the bannisters bolted down in a weekend. Still need to apply wood filler to the holes in the rail, touch up the stain, and sand and we'll be on to drywall in the guest room.

interwhat fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 5, 2022