Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Facebook changed to Meta to focus on metaverse-based projects, but their metaverse is called Horizon Worlds or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

ymgve posted:

Facebook changed to Meta to focus on metaverse-based projects, but their metaverse is called Horizon Worlds or something

Sorry yeah, that's true that they have their own thing they're calling metaverse too, it's just not related to the crypto/NFT metaverse

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Posting on the h4ck3r p4g3

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

2 L33T 4 U

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
i’m in

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Hack all the bitcoins and funge all the doge nfts.

ymgve posted:

I hope this confusion continues. The more poison you can give that bullshit the better. Only good thing coming out of crypto.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I like to think that subconsciously they chose Meta because Facebook is a cancer that has metastaticized.

Also, posting on teh ub3r l33t p4g3!!!!1!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Right click this page!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
now l33t is a language i haven't typed up in quite some time...teh

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Good lord, is this what we all typed like in 2003?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Sashimi posted:

Good lord, is this what we all typed like in 2003?

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
https://i.imgur.com/OKayESj.mp4

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's a reason that SA used to ban for that kind of thing and not using the shift key.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a reason that SA used to ban for that kind of thing and not using the shift key.

Lowtax didn't like it when jokes got run into the the ground. But now he is the one in the ground.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wow rude I was just posting entirely earnestly.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Jeff K is currently a certified NFT and metaverse coordinator.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah wait why is there no NFT of Lowtax? This is how we finance the forums for 300 years.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

mkvltra posted:

Starlink looks like nonsense... another scheme to drum up hype and increase stock prices. Kinda like the Cyberwhistle, the thing with the car in space, and the flamethrower.

Who do I lobby to get fiber to my area??

Starlink has already been discussed, but the Tesla in space/Starman thing wasn't as ridiculous as it seems at first.

It's super common for first flights of new hardware to include dummy payloads. The risk of the launch not going to plan is high enough that you don't want to push thing you really care about on one, which means other similar flights have just launched with things like concrete blocks as payload. That being the case there's no waste in doing something fun with it.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Lowtax didn't like it when jokes got run into the the ground. But now he is the one in the ground.

:discourse:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Posting on the butt page

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Senor Tron posted:

It's super common for first flights of new hardware to include dummy payloads. The risk of the launch not going to plan is high enough that you don't want to push thing you really care about on one, which means other similar flights have just launched with things like concrete blocks as payload. That being the case there's no waste in doing something fun with it.

IIRC there was enough certainty about the launch that other groups were begging him to take literally anything of scientific import into space and Elon said "gently caress that, we're doing a meme"

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

NFTs do seem to be popular with teh h4x0rz.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
One of my greatest fears was they'd use one of his rockets for the JWST and it'd blow up on the launch pad

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Futanari Damacy posted:

IIRC there was enough certainty about the launch that other groups were begging him to take literally anything of scientific import into space and Elon said "gently caress that, we're doing a meme"

Weren't there also "this poo poo isn't sterile, you're going to contaminate an entire planet you colossal dumbfuck" concerns?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Does David Gerard still post in this thread?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

MechaCrash posted:

Weren't there also "this poo poo isn't sterile, you're going to contaminate an entire planet you colossal dumbfuck" concerns?

We will contaminate whoever we want! Deal with it

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

He's being held hostage on Crypto Island

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Futanari Damacy posted:

No, there really weren't. For actual science missions the rocket is not the big expense. The B612 foundation wants to launch a telescope to look for dangerous near-earth asteroids, it would cost $450 million. The launch is 10% of that.

And like sure, they could do something with one of the little nonprofit groups like the Planetary Society to launch a bigger lightsail than the tiny one they've done before... but that would require a tiny unfunded volunteer group to have something ready to go on a schedule. And lastly, their lightsail thing is as much marketing as Elon's Tesla is. We knew that lightsails work, demonstrating them isn't a discovery.

MechaCrash posted:

Kinda, but by far the most likely thing for it to hit is the Earth, followed by Venus. Contaminating either isn't a problem.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

From his Twitter he has family stuff going on and can barely keep up with his blog, so I'm guessing his SA shitposting has fallen by the wayside

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Apologies if I'm being an idiot by missing an obvious joke, but Meta and "the metaverse" are unrelated. Meta is just what Facebook - the company - rebranded to, since they've been expanding into other things for a while now. Similar to how Google created Alphabet. Meta stock plummeted because their profits failed to meet expectations due to an increase in spending.

I'm sure you were probably joking but I've seen a few people confuse the metaverse for somehow being Facebook related, it's not. It's the stupid name that these crypto idiots are giving to their utopian world where crypto rules all and every aspect of our lives somehow lives on a blockchain.

I don't think anyone wants anything to do with anyone's metaverse, hence why Meta's stock is plummeting

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no not really

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Backing hitcoins

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

busalover posted:

Yeah wait why is there no NFT of Lowtax? This is how we finance the forums for 300 years.

oh how wrong you are

https://opensea.io/collection/lowtax

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Didn’t the weird nudes woman who Lowtax was definitely grooming to be his next ex-wife make these?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Not even Lowtax deserves to be an NFT monkey. A fate worse than death.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
NFTs, where you can turn the equivalent of ~30k USD into :10bux:
https://opensea.io/assets/0x495f947...374305624227841

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/tonyhawklogos/status/1489731377297821698?s=21

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Disappointed but not surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Sorry yeah, that's true that they have their own thing they're calling metaverse too, it's just not related to the crypto/NFT metaverse

Just wait til Libra/Diem makes a comeback!