Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When it flew away into the sky with the three moons in the distance I felt like throwing on some prog rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Despera posted:

I need more wacky deaths! We had 3 in two episodes? Hive guy and astronauts in the ocean? Comon!

Also watch the post show, show. It's like the crew is watching a different series. "We made the snake slow so it gave the cgi weight" The snake is literally weightless and flys off in the sunset.

Speaking of CGI pretty sure those tanks had like 3 polygons and 1 texture.

Yeah one guy was like "people feel euphoria around Ragnar because his eyes emit literal radiation" that uhh is not what I was picking up

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah one guy was like "people feel euphoria around Ragnar because his eyes emit literal radiation" that uhh is not what I was picking up

Yeah that guy was like "They follow him because his crazy eyes, its just science!" Like Ragnernaut isnt the loving prophet?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
This show is extremely funny and a lot of it is Mother just deadpanning everything. “Yes; that will be a challenging obstacle to overcome”

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

did the snake tip that vehicle full of people into the acid sea?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I like acid whirlpools and hyper baobabs

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Doctor Jeep posted:

Research station but yes. All hail snake baby!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
My showviewing protocols are being satisfied at levels higher than ever before.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007
I mean everyone loves baby snake, but what about baby dodecahedron? I hope that it shows up, but all the dodecahedron related stuff in the show seems to be getting left behind.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

General Battuta posted:

My showviewing protocols are being satisfied at levels higher than ever before.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
I'm only happy when I see spec snek.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

number of father's jokes so far: 0

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Jeep posted:

I think it got hooked on a tow cable attached to the bunker and dragged them into the acid sea.

I think an atheist colony would have way more fedoras

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Well everyone is miserable and hates each other so pretty accurate.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like the colonists could probably be a little more careful in general around the insta death acid sea

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I feel like the colonists could probably be a little more careful in general around the insta death acid sea

i can't believe they made it through 2 episodes with only like 10 casualties

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I love that medieval space armor.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ruddiger posted:

I love that medieval space armor.

I can't make up my if I like the Dark Souls Armor or the Norman-inspired evil space atheist look more...

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hate all the haircuts though. I’m sure it’s on purpose but there’s just too many mullets.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I think it got hooked on a tow cable attached to the bunker and dragged them into the acid sea.

How come that tow cable is acid resistant? Why not make the research station from the same stuff?

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I hope the mouse is okay.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I would simply not build my colony on the coast of Instant Death Mega Acid Ocean

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Well let me just say how glad I am that someone is finally doing a survey of this weird rear end planet that is littered with android corpses, dodecahedrons and nanotech tarot cards

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Odoyle posted:

How come that tow cable is acid resistant? Why not make the research station from the same stuff?

I do wonder if anyone is going to make pants or socks out the space snake sjin thats been shed all over tha place.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

I would simply not build my colony on the coast of Instant Death Mega Acid Ocean

"this planet sure does suck real bad. why did we come here again? the only way it could be worse is if the ocean was deadly acid or some poo poo like that."
'....uh"
"what?"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe that’s the plan of the super computer that they implicitly take orders from. I’m still not quite clear why they haven’t destroyed all the A.I. that they clearly hate because they destroyed earth.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Pretty sure they are doing a wizard of oz thing with the AI

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Still good but it feels like they're slowing down a bit compared to the insane plot insane revelation helter skelter that was most of the last series.

e: still excellently insane though, lactating robot lol

Xaintrailles fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 5, 2022

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

uber_stoat posted:

i hope Mother gets to make the Awoooo noise again like she did in the first episode. it's very easy to forget that she is meant to be one of the titular wolves, this would serve as a reminder.

I think you’ll find that it is the humans that were the wolves all along

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Problematic Soup posted:

I mean everyone loves baby snake, but what about baby dodecahedron? I hope that it shows up, but all the dodecahedron related stuff in the show seems to be getting left behind.

I want to know what the ”Roman dodecahedron” cultists think about this show

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Xaintrailles posted:

Still good but it feels like they're slowing down a bit compared to the insane plot insane revelation helter skelter that was most of the last series.

e: still excellently insane though, lactating robot lol

I mean the middle of the first season was a bunch of family vignettes... It's just that the batshit bits overshadow the rest

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Acidic death ocean is definitely my favorite new character

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Oh my god, when mullet Jesus was stranded on top of that ship in acid ocean I legit thought to myself too bad this isn’t a video game cause I’d whip out a grappling hook. Then he loving whips out a space grappling hook lmfao

I love this show.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Since he’s space Jesus I legit thought he was going to walk across that poo poo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ruddiger posted:

Since he’s space Jesus I legit thought he was going to walk across that poo poo.

I thought he was gonna part the sea using some technobabble and technology.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Escobarbarian posted:

How tf are HBO still not putting their stuff up in 4K? Look at this loving show look how beautiful it is imagine how glorious a 4K HDR version would be

Yeah it really sucks that in TYOOL 2022 HBO Max has the most content I wanna watch but the least amount of 4K stuff compared to the other streaming services. Really hoping they get their poo poo together soon, this show would look so drat good in 4K

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I love all the touches of insane humor. Like when the atheists are gearing up to hunt the snake, and some of them have tanks, some of them have assault rifles and armor, and some of them have long poles with little nets on the end.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

It's such a funny show.

Mother, Father, Snake-child, how I've missed you.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Did one of mothers kids get dissolved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Despera posted:

Did one of mothers kids get dissolved?

No, but I hope it's Paul