Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Also, is that a mystery flavor Skittle they’re after? I feel like I’m missing some political nuance here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

DarkEuphoria posted:

Not fair, I don’t want to have sex with any of these candies

normie

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Also, is that a mystery flavor Skittle they’re after? I feel like I’m missing some political nuance here

it's a piece of white chocolate, hence why one of them is yelling about white chocolate privilege. in the cartoon it's racialized as woke M&Ms attacking white people, because Tina Garrison is either Ben G.'s wife or his drag personae.

and i'd like to reiterate my non-racialized opinion that white chocolate best chocolate. milk is acceptable, and dark is only good for edibles and vegans.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!

I like this guy's channel, was waiting for the inevitable milkshake duck.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

What happened?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

he announced yesterday morning they were publishing a book buy a guy who went to join some fighting in Ukraine as a part of the neo-nazi group Azov Battalion. His intention was to publish sort of the technical details of 'here's a modern account of direct infantry combat which is really rare these days' and he seemed to believe that the manuscript was apolitical and didn't cover the ideology side.

his audience disagreed, a lot. Ian doubled down, and it got uglier, and here we are. InRange had to put out a statement saying we are not a part of this, go talk to Ian about it.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaE1-XeI3hI

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:hmmyes:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

tokin opposition posted:

it's a piece of white chocolate, hence why one of them is yelling about white chocolate privilege. in the cartoon it's racialized as woke M&Ms attacking white people, because Tina Garrison is either Ben G.'s wife or his drag personae.

and i'd like to reiterate my non-racialized opinion that white chocolate best chocolate. milk is acceptable, and dark is only good for edibles and vegans.

I'm glad you enjoy it but white chocolate isn't chocolate

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

shirts and skins posted:

I'm glad you enjoy it but white chocolate isn't chocolate

it's literally called white chocolate

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Gripweed posted:

Actually I think it is literally called white chocolate

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gripweed posted:

Oat milk is also not milk

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Iridium posted:

he announced yesterday morning they were publishing a book buy a guy who went to join some fighting in Ukraine as a part of the neo-nazi group Azov Battalion. His intention was to publish sort of the technical details of 'here's a modern account of direct infantry combat which is really rare these days' and he seemed to believe that the manuscript was apolitical and didn't cover the ideology side.

his audience disagreed, a lot. Ian doubled down, and it got uglier, and here we are. InRange had to put out a statement saying we are not a part of this, go talk to Ian about it.
So he eventually admitted he was wrong?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

It's meant to be used as a milk in coffee or mueslis, like white chocolate is meant to be used as a chocolate in sweets, candies or baked goods. That's it. You can ofc have endless word games about it if you wanna.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

shirts and skins posted:

There's a big lobbying effort to make it illegal to call vegetarian milks milk. It's being done by the dairy industry. Good to know you're on the side of factory farming.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ah, the age old argument of "show me the nipple."

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1489767777032364034?t=TIqTHTim8-1OXWfaUUfRKA&s=19

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

So he eventually admitted he was wrong?

Err, sort of. He eventually backed down in the video from that link, esp after their crowdfunding platform pulled the plug. He still believes there's value in the publishing of the account, it seems, and sees value in one guy's specific account of his own actions but positioned as a sort of record of events he somehow believes is/can be sterilized from the political influence of the fighting.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

aphid_licker posted:

It's meant to be used as a milk in coffee or mueslis, like white chocolate is meant to be used as a chocolate in sweets, candies or baked goods. That's it. You can ofc have endless word games about it if you wanna.

This is true! They both serve the same purpose. However,

Gripweed posted:

There's a big lobbying effort to make it illegal to call vegetarian milks milk. It's being done by the dairy industry. Good to know you're on the side of factory farming.

This response is much funnier. Ahh bloo bloo bloo, 10/10

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Iridium posted:

Err, sort of. He eventually backed down in the video from that link, esp after their crowdfunding platform pulled the plug. He still believes there's value in the publishing of the account, it seems, and sees value in one guy's specific account of his own actions but positioned as a sort of record of events he somehow believes is/can be sterilized from the political influence of the fighting.

"i'm sorry you're mad"

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

shirts and skins posted:

This response is much funnier. Ahh bloo bloo bloo, 10/10

heh heh heh heh "pea milk"

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

He needs to put those big-rear end glasses back on so he looks like the 'famous' version of himself, because without them and dressed like that he looks like a guy bussing tables at Olive Garden.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I have to say I've bought oat milk once by mistake because of deceptive packaging, and it tasted okay on its own but absolutely dreadful in tea, so I don't think it should be called milk. Call it milky squeeze. There's milky nut squeeze, milky oat squeeze, etc.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Gripweed posted:

They should pass laws that vegetarian milks have to be dyed pink.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Iridium posted:

That sucks. Always thought he was a good guy who made solid videos about death machines.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Shut the gently caress up with this pedantic definition quibbling and/or go back to d&d

Oat milk is milk, white chocolate is chocolate, and trans women are women

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Paladinus posted:

I have to say I've bought oat milk once by mistake because of deceptive packaging, and it tasted okay on its own but absolutely dreadful in tea, so I don't think it should be called milk. Call it milky squeeze. There's milky nut squeeze, milky oat squeeze, etc.

there is a special version for tea/coffee that you need to use, oatly calls theirs barista blend but i use ripple which calls it half & half alternative which makes it much more obvious what its for

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

Shut the gently caress up with this pedantic definition quibbling and/or go back to d&d

Oat milk is milk, white chocolate is chocolate, and trans women are women

:hmmyes:

prescriptivism is epic fail op

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
im going to become the joker

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gripweed posted:

George Lucas is like a child compared to Yoshiyuki Tomino

Tomino in an interview said he was trying to come up with the goofiest name and trying to see when Sunrise would stop him. They never did.

Marvel Frozen, a classic anglo-saxon name.

Gavlet Gablae.

Amandra Kamandra.

Jamitov Hymen.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MonsieurChoc posted:

Tomino in an interview said he was trying to come up with the goofiest name and trying to see when Sunrise would stop him. They never did.

Marvel Frozen, a classic anglo-saxon name.

Gavlet Gablae.

Amandra Kamandra.

Jamitov Hymen.

iirc he knew for certain they truly didn't care when he called one of the robots the Gelgoog and nobody stopped him.

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

"i'm sorry you're mad"

He did say they're gonna stick to just publishing like gun reference books from now on. He's done a pretty good job of keeping this poo poo out of his videos for a long time. I think he even took down one of the Larry Vickers videos where the guy went on a mini rant on how cool and good Rhodesia was.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gripweed posted:

iirc he knew for certain they truly didn't care when he called one of the robots the Gelgoog and nobody stopped him.

Something something, Games Workshop logic that they're easy to copyright.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
https://twitter.com/image_origins/status/1489781186239025152

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/LegoRacers2/status/1489780623099060226?t=IZ1ixRGa36AVXVfoEqiZkw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I’m glad his visible alpha radiation smells fine. probably fine