Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Besson posted:

We’ve had a good look back at the Victor and Tiny Podcast but let’s not forget Under the Apple Tree

https://youtu.be/j9JUAu_v4rA

"I like apple tree"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

dr sweetchat kicked rear end and scott cracking his whole poo poo up at it was infectious

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Besson posted:

We’ve had a good look back at the Victor and Tiny Podcast but let’s not forget Under the Apple Tree

https://youtu.be/j9JUAu_v4rA

That's a real apple.

No, I can tell.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
i just want to give a shoutout to lily sullivan

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

be sure to follow her on twitter, just keep mashing your l i and y keys until you get there

e: also for some reason i am so sure in my head that she was a member of wild horses, but she is not. but she seems like she would be, right?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cinnamon Toast Trunch

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
This year is 2/2 for notable utterances of "Oh no". I'm calling it now, this is the year of people saying "Ohhhhh noooooo" in weird voices.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Finally had a chance to listen to the Dr Sweetchat episode and I'm a fan. Can't imagine that being a recurring character on the level of Cakeboss or anything, but there were many hilarious moments when people were caught off guard with an obvious "Ohhh Noooo"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Okay I just died laughing listening to the Victor and Tiny podcast bit again. Does anyone have links to the funniest other bits in the show's history?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Okay I just died laughing listening to the Victor and Tiny podcast bit again. Does anyone have links to the funniest other bits in the show's history?

My number one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtV80ZdpTY0

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think my favorite moment in CBB history is Middleditch playing Kaitlyn in Lil Choices. The moment when his story completely falls apart at the end, and everyone just devolves into laughter. Oh...hi Mr M.

I listen to it all the time and it never fails to make me laugh

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The bit that sold me on the show when I first started listening was Jack and Brian from the lumber yard. I don't know that anything will ever top it for me.
https://youtu.be/KJtULGvr-0s

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ArtVandelay posted:

I think my favorite moment in CBB history is Middleditch playing Kaitlyn in Lil Choices. The moment when his story completely falls apart at the end, and everyone just devolves into laughter. Oh...hi Mr M.

I listen to it all the time and it never fails to make me laugh

Yeah, a bunch of my favorite CBB moments involve people who can't be on the show anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwIquUm9efQ

"...that was your first thought?"
"Yeah, anyways, he tosses in my head like a fuckin' lunatic..."

But then some people are still okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFzdR-iALhw

"Elizabeth Perkins is there all the time, walkin' around with Robert Loggia, sayin' 'Touch my titties! Touch my titties!'" "'Oooo, Robert, touch my titties!'"

"But you gotta remember: We came out fuckin'!"

SpacePig posted:

The bit that sold me on the show when I first started listening was Jack and Brian from the lumber yard. I don't know that anything will ever top it for me.
https://youtu.be/KJtULGvr-0s

I still wonder if Harris genuinely forgot about the whole "we married each others' sisters" angle when he brought up the adultery or if he was just doing a great job of feigning "...oh yeah, I guess that IS what happened" surprise

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I’m partial to the Horsefighting and Honey farmers Calvins Triplets lately. They never let me down.

The most I laughed at CBB in the last year was Bisby St. Hancock reciting verses 1-10 on why he likes old ladies.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
James Adomian as Zizek interacting with Corny Grandpa busts my poo poo up in a good way https://youtu.be/FTtHVIkrQio

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

I still wonder if Harris genuinely forgot about the whole "we married each others' sisters" angle when he brought up the adultery or if he was just doing a great job of feigning "...oh yeah, I guess that IS what happened" surprise

His reaction seemed genuine to me, that moment is a highlight for me as well. I also enjoy Adam's deadpan "yep" when he realizes that he knows what Harris just said, but Harris probably doesn't

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The first appearance by Don Dimello is iconic. It’s just too bad so much is behind a paywall now. I suppose these clips are on YouTube but it was fun to point to some episodes to a friend in hopes they’d get into the show too.

“Very susceptible to addiction”

https://youtu.be/5Jqrhyk7PBM

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Bob Ducca singing Wreckingball will never not make me laugh.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I just listened to last week's episode, and yeah Lily Sullivan's flat out my favorite guest at this point. I'm not saying she's better than everyone else, but she's definitely in the sweet spot of having heard her enough times to be a big fan without hearing her so much (like Lapkus and PFT) that it stops feeling special. It was a great episode all around though imo, and as Fezz said, it was definitely a giggle fest episode where everyone seemed to be having a great time. It can be annoying sometimes when comedians break too much, but for whatever reason I really enjoyed it this time.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think Lilly Sullivan's first episode was someone from Montrose, Colorado where I had just visited a few months before. Ever since then it's been alll gravy.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Alimony Tony is such a great character, and all the funnier for originating as a spur-of-the-moment decision based on a catchphrase submission name.

Also, did the closing the plug bag song from this week's episode use Horatio's voice in it?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
With Radcliff doing the Weird Al biopic I wonder if they can get him booked on CBB. I don't know how well he'd do but I bet he'd at least have fun with it instead of just sitting silent once the other guests show up.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

With Radcliff doing the Weird Al biopic I wonder if they can get him booked on CBB. I don't know how well he'd do but I bet he'd at least have fun with it instead of just sitting silent once the other guests show up.

He showed up on How Did This Get Made and was exactly as funny and affable as you'd expect him to be. I think he'd be great on CBB.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Catching up on new episodes and I want to throw my vote behind Dr. Sweetchat being amazing.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
I really enjoyed Ron (Rod? Rob?) Snapper in the latest episode.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Confirming that Dr. Sweetchat is amazing.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Anyone know if someone made the usual cut of the best-ofs that's just the Scott/PFT banter? I glanced at reddit since I've seen them linked from there but I'm not sure where to look

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

jeeves posted:

Confirming that Dr. Sweetchat is amazing.

I hope they talk about it in 11 months time on the best ofs, because that was fun. I also request a version without the voice filter as I’m sure that would be bizarrely funny too. (Also even though everyone on the episode starts to understand him, I do not so I have no idea what he was saying about half the time).

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't recognize the laugh, but whoever it is lapping up this WainScotting stuff.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The episode was really funny, but, maybe I am being over sensitive here, the dance mom stuff was pretty gross. There were some really funny parts that I enjoyed a lot in her segment but the descriptions of the “dance moves” as she was talking about a 4 and 6 year old were really hard to listen to. I know it’s all a joke but it still made me uncomfortable!

I still listened to it all though. Idk am I the only one who felt that? I’m not saying that comedian is a pedo or anything like that but it was almost too much.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Waterbed Wendy posted:

The episode was really funny, but, maybe I am being over sensitive here, the dance mom stuff was pretty gross. There were some really funny parts that I enjoyed a lot in her segment but the descriptions of the “dance moves” as she was talking about a 4 and 6 year old were really hard to listen to. I know it’s all a joke but it still made me uncomfortable!

I still listened to it all though. Idk am I the only one who felt that? I’m not saying that comedian is a pedo or anything like that but it was almost too much.

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of that segment. I'd be fine with that character not being brought back.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah, I wasn't a fan. Especially as, for a person who doesn't consider dance tournaments, it came from basically out of nowhere.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Finally listened to Rudy North’s thanksgiving / skanksgiving whatever they called it, and it was great. By chance listened to it right after the Ron Snapper CBB, where I was kind of confused about his entrance, which made it even better.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mlmp08 posted:

Finally listened to Rudy North’s thanksgiving / skanksgiving whatever they called it, and it was great.

"That Marvel movie was good as hell, they got Eternals in this motherfucker."

EDIT: I just got around to the Entree P. Neur CBB Presents and that was a drat delight, so loose and fun. Exactly what you'd expect from putting Ego and Carl Tart together for an hour and adding Drew Tarver in as the third host like halfway through.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 2, 2022

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

The dance mom was pretty weird but I will always appreciate a comedian that comes onto CBB with a character that goes pretty dark or trying to push some boundaries as opposed to the kind of cookie cutter characters that usually pop up like wacky business owner or quirky weirdo. Uncomfortable Scott is always fun.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Just Chamber posted:

Uncomfortable Scott is always fun.
:same:

Saying that, I just found it hilarious and was not skeeved out. Maybe my Eurogoonity showing.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It 100% was very gross, but I enjoyed a lot of it simply because it was clear they all knew they were walking on eggshells dealing with that bit. Given Scott doesn't ask them much about what they plan to do, can totally hear him doing the mental calculus of "oh no, how do I work with this".

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Oh absolutely! She is very funny, Ele Woods, I was really entertained in like 95% of her segment and then just like aww man that’s so sad and disgusting for the other five percent. Scott and David and Dan all did a great job navigating all of it and reacting to her.

I watched that murderville show wain plugged. It’s good!

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hearing Will Hines on another podcast made me search for what else he’s been in and I rediscovered this show. A bit much at times but overall really funny. The fact that Will does the same normal voice every time he appears is extra funny to me when he’s among all these people doing crazy voices.

The Chief from Carmen Sandiego is my new favourite discovery. Also Rum Tum Tugger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Ccs posted:

Hearing Will Hines on another podcast made me search for what else he’s been in and I rediscovered this show. A bit much at times but overall really funny. The fact that Will does the same normal voice every time he appears is extra funny to me when he’s among all these people doing crazy voices.

The Chief from Carmen Sandiego is my new favourite discovery. Also Rum Tum Tugger.

Will Hines is awesome
Check out his (dead) podcasts Don't Get Me Started and I Will Write Your Book