Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Alobar posted:

QQ more babies

anyone who blocks and slows down traffic and doesn't get out of the way of faster traffic is a real loving piece of poo poo

i don't give a gently caress

and the punishment for brake checking people should be a flogging

this is literally a country where you can wait til you're a certain age and then take a short exam to get your driver license without any behind-the-wheel experience or behind-the-wheel test, and then you're allowed to drive on any road or highway without ever having driven a car before in your life

gently caress that poo poo

gently caress it all

yeah bro fly over and pass someone on the shoulder instead of waiting a minute for a safe passing area the other guy was WRONG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haha yeah gently caress slow drivers!
check out this one. wonder if he learned his lesson
some loser getting owned

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

We know you don't give a gently caress. It's precisely your complete disregard for the safety and wellbeing of others that makes you a psycho that shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a car.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

haha yeah gently caress slow drivers!
check out this one. wonder if he learned his lesson
some loser getting owned

this never works for me, im invincible

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

this never works for me, im invincible

shout it like boris in goldeneye

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Good to see this thread finally find something where personal responsibility matters.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
really hoping a train (burning clean natural gas of course) rolls over most of the posters of the past few pages

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Alobar posted:

sorry, this poo poo loving pisses me the gently caress off :yeeclaw:

That's because you're a reckless driver and a danger to everyone around you OP

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Biosphere Collapse: Imagine a car speeding towards the edge of a cliff and Alobar is driving it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I mean "reckless driver" is an oxymoron but you know, more criminally negligent than baseline for someone hurtling along at 70 mph

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Biosphere Collapse: Imagine a car speeding towards the edge of a cliff and Alobar is driving it.

brake checked by death

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Minera posted:

really hoping a train (burning clean natural gas of course) rolls over most of the posters of the past few pages

would you tip the conductor though?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/SpaceLiminalBot/status/1489499197359460353

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Minera posted:

i would nimbly jump out of the way. the schoolbus stuck on the tracks tho... i suppose trains are anti-natalist

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I can well imagine that Alobar blasts out heavy metal at 200dB in his car which is why he's such an angry driver. Alobar, please put some Enya on next time you're on the road, for all our sakes

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/KrVaSt/status/1489724934305767426

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
*insert standard Kris Van Steenbergen disclaimer here*

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Mola Yam posted:

*insert standard Kris Van Steenbergen disclaimer here*

Oh word? I don't know the guy

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
So climate change has been solved and we can all get back to talking about road etiquette and traffic safety is the main takeaway I've got from the thread in the last couple of days.

Don't make me miss the DnD thread, but I'm sure it can't be worse than this!

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Look, I tried to change the subject to antinatalism but no one bit

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shyrka posted:

So climate change has been solved and we can all get back to talking about road etiquette and traffic safety is the main takeaway I've got from the thread in the last couple of days.

Don't make me miss the DnD thread, but I'm sure it can't be worse than this!

Goons have some very specific triggers. Car/Bike arguments are right up there with Star Trek tierlists, fast food and misunderstanding physics arguments.

The weather thread just had a 5 page derail about putting tarps on your car to keep it from getting snow on it. Had someone mentioned an episode of TNG we would have hit the trifecta.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
There's 2 pages of complaining about car derail for every 4 pages of car derail. We're almost there!

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
ach it's just some new year thwaite loss, nothing to worry about

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Perry Mason Jar posted:

There's 2 pages of complaining about car derail for every 4 pages of car derail. We're almost there!

keep going we just hit complaining about complaining about the car derail

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Enterprise is better than The Next Generation

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rectal Death Adept posted:

gently caress you

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

:mods:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Raine posted:

keep going we just hit complaining about complaining about the car derail

Thank you, acknowledging complaining about complaining about car derails closes the loop. Ah, we're getting better, more powerful

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

lmao

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

https://grist.org/extreme-weather/flood-risk-growth-development/

quote:

US flood risk is about to explode — but not for the reasons you think
A new study projects that the number of Americans exposed to flooding will double in 30 years. Development is largely to blame.

Extreme flooding has struck almost every corner of the country over the past year, from rural areas in Tennessee and California to the Michigan suburbs and the streets of Brooklyn, New York. Floods have always been by far the most widespread and costliest weather disaster in the U.S., and they have only gotten worse as climate change has accelerated. Total damages from floods and hurricanes last year eclipsed $100 billion, according to data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or NOAA.

A new study published this week in the journal Nature Climate Change projects that the number of people in the U.S. who are exposed to flooding will almost double over the next 30 years — but not for the reasons you might think. Most new risk will come not from climate change but from population growth in areas that are already vulnerable to flooding. The findings underscore a hard truth with dire implications for climate adaptation policy: The lion’s share of U.S. flood risk does not stem from the changing nature of storms and seas, but instead from our decisions about where to build and where to live.

That’s not to say climate change isn’t playing a major role: The study’s authors found that climate change will render around 700,000 more people vulnerable to flooding by 2050, mostly as a result of rising sea levels and stronger hurricanes. The lion’s share of current flood risk is borne by low-income white communities in places like Appalachia, but the new climate-driven risk that will arrive by 2050 will fall hardest on Black communities. (People of color are more likely to live in flood zones overall.) Many of these are located in coastal cities or hurricane-vulnerable Southern states, which puts them right in the crosshairs of rising seas and whopper storms.
Makes sense, as the rich flee climate-vulnerable areas, the poor will have no choice but to remain or move to cheaper housing in flood plains, etc.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

agreed but only because all star trek sucks compared to ds9

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Minera posted:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Minera posted:

all star trek sucks

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

remember the TNG episode about climate change where no one will listen to the scientists until one does a terrorism then they’re like “wow your science is correct, but you’re still bad for doing a terrorism”

And then the solution to climate change was just to drive our ships a little slower while we study the problem for another hundred years.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
amtrek

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Trabisnikof posted:

remember the TNG episode about climate change where no one will listen to the scientists until one does a terrorism then they’re like “wow your science is correct, but you’re still bad for doing a terrorism”

And then the solution to climate change was just to drive our ships a little slower while we study the problem for another hundred years.

I watched that a couple months ago and it really messed me up.

Once they have recognised the problem, everyone, even the Cardassians, mutually agrees to stop what they were doing that was causing it. They all look at the science, agree it's really bad and dangerous and they're unknowingly destroying the universe, so they all just...stop :smith:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
derails are good because it gives regular posters the chance to out themselves as psychopaths

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Cloks posted:

derails are good because it gives regular posters the chance to out themselves as psychopaths

I havent seen any treks or wars I dont really like superhero movies

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I havent seen any treks or wars I dont really like superhero movies

blessed life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Dog carcass in passing lane this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This traffic is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of wreckage and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will crash. The accumulated filth of all their brake checking and tailgating will foam up about their waists and all the speeders and slow drivers will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."