Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:21e2dfe2-5a2f-3906-b96f-2cbf4c8f725c

Davos and Wharton proclaiming loudly to their friends, "shitter's clogged"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The star treks are ranked from best to worst proportional to the amount of screen time that is devoted to Jeffrey Combs

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

alobar i love you from your work on the scarane campaign but you are dead rear end one thousand percent wrong here, and exhibiting absolutely psycho levels of toxic-masculinity and co-morbid american car-brain.

if someone is blocking the passing lane, preventing you from going as fast as you want to go, because it is your god given right as a car driving american to never feel impeded, and you have a rage-trigger reaction to the affront to your freedom... you're the bad guy.

being forced to go 55 in a 50 instead of the 65 you want to, for however many minutes you and this guy are going the same way, is not actually someone stealing from you. you were not entitled to go as fast as you want in the first place. you are not entitled to unrestricted vehicular mobility. people who get in your way or make you go 10% slower than you want have not wronged you.

blocking the lane is sub-optimal, brake-checking is bad, passing on the shoulder at speed is loving insane. being unwilling or unable to simply say "darn i could go 10-15mph faster if not for this guy, oh well" is an entitlement and rage/control problem.

MightyBigMinus has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Feb 5, 2022

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

There's 2 pages of complaining about car derail for every 4 pages of car derail. We're almost there!

speaking of car crashes, have you seen this thread?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It's like arguing about the best way to club a seal

Seal clubbing is much more sustainable and less cruel than beef, pork, or chicken production. The anti-sealing hysteria was a racist deflection to make environmentalists go after Indigenous hunters instead of rich polluters and agriculture corporations.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

T-Paine posted:

Oh word? I don't know the guy

Infamous around here for making wildly pessimistic takes with little to no evidence

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Mayor Dave posted:

Infamous around here for making wildly pessimistic takes with little to no evidence

Not seeing the issue?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the worst part is it wont even be epic, it'll just be a big icecube floating away. Hopefully it hits hawaii or australia and destroys them utterly.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

MightyBigMinus posted:

alobar i love you from your work on the scarane campaign but you are dead rear end one thousand percent wrong here, and exhibiting absolutely psycho levels of toxic-masculinity and co-morbid american car-brain.

if someone is blocking the passing lane, preventing you from going as fast as you want to go, because it is your god given right as a car driving american to never feel impeded, and you have a rage-trigger reaction to the affront to your freedom... you're the bad guy.

being forced to go 55 in a 50 instead of the 65 you want to, for however many minutes you and this guy are going the same way, is not actually someone stealing from you. you were not entitled to go as fast as you want in the first place. you are not entitled to unrestricted vehicular mobility. people who get in your way or make you go 10% slower than you want have not wronged you.

blocking the lane is sub-optimal, brake-checking is bad, passing on the shoulder at speed is loving insane. being unwilling or unable to simply say "darn i could go 10-15mph faster if not for this guy, oh well" is an entitlement and rage/control problem.

What if get this bitch on two wheels though...:thunk:

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
not to ruin the bad driver pile on but straight up if you are driving slower than the people around you are expecting you to be going (45-50kmh) YOU ARE A DANGEROUS DRIVER.

I'm not justifying whipping around like an rear end in a top hat but if someone is uncomfortable driving at the speed or whatever of the other drivers around them; they are unpredictable and more likely to cause an accident than someone trying to get around them.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Seatbelts posted:

I'm not justifying whipping around like an rear end in a top hat

yes you are just shut the gently caress up

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

yes you are just shut the gently caress up
gently caress you I literally am not you child

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Driving slowly in the left lane (and then blocking passing cars and brake checking) absolutely is dangerous driving. The morons filming were way too close as well.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I had a collapse moment the other day but I forgot to post anyways I started watching tng a few days ago and it loving sucks poo poo lol just nothing but ancient hollywood horse crap and now it looks idiotic in hd.

oh and it was 80 like two days before it was 16 it’s cool the entire concept of winter has been relegated to a single week.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6redCbvV9I

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Trabisnikof posted:

remember the TNG episode about climate change where no one will listen to the scientists until one does a terrorism then they’re like “wow your science is correct, but you’re still bad for doing a terrorism”

And then the solution to climate change was just to drive our ships a little slower while we study the problem for another hundred years.

to be fair they did eventually come up with the variable geometry pylons seen on the voyager where it flaps up when u put the pedal to the metal and then flaps back down for parking lot speeds, adjusting your ships warp field on the fly to help reduce how much space pavement ur lovely space truck rips up

this technology was used on like one ship and never spoken of again

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Seatbelts posted:

gently caress you I literally am not you child

everyone knows that every stupid rear end in a top hat whining about brake checks and people going too slow in every thread is a dangerously incompetent road rager, stop embarrassing yourself and just shut up, jesus christ, everyone is sick of this discussion

Fame Douglas posted:

The morons filming were way too close as well.

this is true but Americas not ready for that discussion

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I will forcibly expropriate your car

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Fame Douglas posted:

Driving slowly in the left lane (and then blocking passing cars and brake checking) absolutely is dangerous driving. The morons filming were way too close as well.

if they were following too closely when the truck brake checked the car trying to get between them, what does say about the driver of that car?

this discussion explains a great deal about why we are where we are with climate change

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Being obsessive and angry in traffic is a sign of severe sick car brain.

Just fuckin chilll.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

blatman posted:

to be fair they did eventually come up with the variable geometry pylons seen on the voyager where it flaps up when u put the pedal to the metal and then flaps back down for parking lot speeds, adjusting your ships warp field on the fly to help reduce how much space pavement ur lovely space truck rips up

this technology was used on like one ship and never spoken of again

They cared about the speed for the rest of the season, then wrote the problem away via a software patch on the warp engines at the start of the next.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Evil_Greven posted:

if they were following too closely when the truck brake checked the car trying to get between them, what does say about the driver of that car?

this discussion explains a great deal about why we are where we are with climate change

Why does that matter at all? Everyone involved displayed impressive incompetence at driving safely.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
(pushing pedal and gunning it down the shoulder) Aloackbar

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Complications posted:

They cared about the speed for the rest of the season, then wrote the problem away via a software patch on the warp engines at the start of the next.

lol so thats why voyagers dumb nacelles never came back

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Complications posted:

then wrote the problem away via a software patch on the warp engines at the start of the next.

This never happened, where did you hear that.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
Star Trek is some dumb poo poo. Also rotten berry or whoever was wrong. Humans suck poo poo and lmao about his dumb fantasy about them eventually being a cool peaceful space race. poo poo bricks, the lot of them.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
Ooo look, lots of new posts in the dead planet thread! I wonder if something insane happened?

Nope, just a bunch of idiot hellfuckers piling on a guy for saying “slower traffic move right”.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hibajubwa posted:

Ooo look, lots of new posts in the dead planet thread! I wonder if something insane happened?

Nope, just a bunch of idiot hellfuckers piling on a guy for saying “slower traffic move right”.

just take them over safely, its not a big deal. no reason to crash your car.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

fits my needs posted:

just take them over safely, its not a big deal. no reason to crash your car.

Crashing cars removes multiple planet destroying agents at once though!

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

so much carbrain in this thread smh

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hibajubwa posted:

Crashing cars removes multiple planet destroying agents at once though!

impossible to say whether its bad or not

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Fame Douglas posted:

This never happened, where did you hear that.

They literally ignored the supposed speed limit in later seasons, though I'll admit the warp field geometry software change is something I can't be assed to dig up. Fairly sure it was something like the guide to the Ent-D that was justifying the change back to normal speeds.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 12 days!)

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Love to get my gums as pink as possible. Nice healthy pink. Love that gay color.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Complications posted:

They literally ignored the supposed speed limit in later seasons, though I'll admit the warp field geometry software change is something I can't be assed to dig up. Fairly sure it was something like the guide to the Ent-D that was justifying the change back to normal speeds.

The technical manual was published two years before that episode. The speed limit comes up again a few times, with the Federation authorizing higher speeds for some missions, but is ignored after that. And Voyager has the moving nacelles to solve the problem.

The "warp core software update" isn't cannon, this is the first time I'm hearing about it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Lmao now we're arguing about star trek, as foretold in the prophecy

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Gonna ride my bike on the interstate in the left lane with my "no, your gay" shirt on and not use the handlebars so I can put up middle fingers

All because of this thread

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

at least this thread finally found the topic where individual choices matter

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I bet those ships brakecheck each other all the time coming out of warp, just pileups and crashes all over the galaxy

Also I need antibiotics today and I continue to marvel that I will not die of sepsis or need an amputation, and lol lmao that this is now the expected norm, and that I know it will go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 12 days!)

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Lmao now we're arguing about star trek, as foretold in the prophecy