Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1489762364698370052

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dareon posted:

Honestly The Sorrow needs to be a boss fight in more games.

this except The End. Don't beat it in 3 days, the boss just dies and you can move on.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/LaterCapitalism/status/1489994098165661703?s=20&t=09j8jrNCRoGC0lQOHo3QMg
I mean, yeah, all of them are war criminals. loving Obama assassinated American citizens

Gonna say probably 100% of US Presidents are/were war criminals.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

i wanted to namedrop harrison but turns out he served in the indian wars

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Stexils posted:

i wanted to namedrop harrison but turns out he served in the indian wars

100% , baby. Even Jimmy Carter, otherwise a very moral person.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

You, uh, didn't know why he was called Tippecanoe?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
He wasn't a poor boatsman?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

AlbieQuirky posted:

Quincy Adams was basically the closest? Anti-war, anti-slavery, had a showdown with Georgia about how they forced the Muscogee into an unfair treaty and refused to recognize it until it was re-written, took all troops out of Latin America in favor of trying to do diplomacy, actively fought Jackson and got back into Congress after being President specifically out of spite for Jackson's bullshit and a desire to do everything he could to shut him down.

Also just a weird, weird dude.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Zore posted:

Quincy Adams was basically the closest? Anti-war, anti-slavery, had a showdown with Georgia about how they forced the Muscogee into an unfair treaty and refused to recognize it until it was re-written, took all troops out of Latin America in favor of trying to do diplomacy, actively fought Jackson and got back into Congress after being President specifically out of spite for Jackson's bullshit and a desire to do everything he could to shut him down.

https://twitter.com/lmchervinsky/status/1489595174619693067

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Morpheus posted:

My dad died yesterday and all I can think when reading this is 'well, he's getting cremated so I guess that won't work'
Sorry for your loss, and yes it can:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox9bcx_LZMs

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

if I find out this is fake I'm gonna choose to ignore it, this is the best political slogan ever.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

sexpig by night posted:

if I find out this is fake I'm gonna choose to ignore it, this is the best political slogan ever.

My heart wants it to be real but my head tells me it’s too good to be true.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

sexpig by night posted:

It's fake. Details lower in the thread. :toot: :iiapa:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
It's not true. Everyone back then would have known a quinsy is a throat inflammation. To be quincier is not a good thing.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Zore posted:

Quincy Adams was basically the closest? Anti-war, anti-slavery, had a showdown with Georgia about how they forced the Muscogee into an unfair treaty and refused to recognize it until it was re-written

to be slightly less bad, as the Muscogee still lost their land, but your point is well taken

“Indian removal” was happening under his Presidency, but he was trying to be less cruel about it than Monroe was or than Jackson would be

quote:

took all troops out of Latin America in favor of trying to do diplomacy, actively fought Jackson and got back into Congress after being President specifically out of spite for Jackson's bullshit and a desire to do everything he could to shut him down.

probably the closest so far to not being a war criminal and/or genocider, yeah

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Quincy Adams still sucked in a lot of macro ways but he at the bare minimum tried to lessen the suffering and unfortunately the bar for 'best president' is indeed that low that he's able to slink over it just by going 'maybe we shouldn't take the native lands AND murder them, maybe we should just take their lands and let them live' or 'we probably don't need to be spending our still young military out loving around in the latin americas, maybe we can just talk to them'.

Plus anyone who hated Jackson that much must be at least a bit of a good egg.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I like Lincoln :dumb:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Jimmy Carter's work decontaminating the reactor after the Chalk River accident was genuinely amazing and heroic.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://twitter.com/bromethazine/status/1489710520664039429?t=uaXNalSQPELxUioAQ-cypQ&s=19

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

canyoneer posted:

Jimmy Carter's work decontaminating the reactor after the Chalk River accident was genuinely amazing and heroic.

Fine person, brave as hell, still as President supported genocidal dictators like Mobutu and Suharto.

Scarodactyl posted:

Great President, but served personally in the Black Hawk War, and like J. Q. Adams presided over the brutal system of “Indian clearance” with at best an impulse to mitigate its cruelty somewhat, and split the baby after the 1862 Dakota War by offering clemency to 264 of the Dakota warriors who had been railroaded in Minnesota, but agreeing that 38 should be publicly hanged en masse before a jeering crowd of columnists. (The spared 264 were held in horrifying prison conditions, and those who survived were expelled from Minnesota.)

I mean, the US Presidency is the loving One Ring. It corrupts the finest people.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Woah, holy poo poo. I don't massively care about them either way but I always follow bounty threads for that release because there's always *someone* who thinks they have it, and never follows through.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
holy poo poo what a way to find out, someone fuckin found one of the 33 copies of it?

edit: lmao in the replies
https://twitter.com/dogmurdererer/status/1489867819986653186

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Who what and why if you’d be so kind music goons.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Warbird posted:

Who what and why if you’d be so kind music goons.

Debut demo tape by post-rock beardy weirdies Godspeed You! Black Emperor. 33 copies on tape, all presumed lost since release in 1994. Another beardy weirdy casually drops it on 4chan and peaces out.

If you're really into post-rock this is the kind of thing you expect to find in the warehouse from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Much appreciated, thank you.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Oh my god this was the #1 request on what.cd until the day it shut down. I was convinced it didn’t exist

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
William Henry Harrison surely didn't commit any war crimes, right?

Like, even if he wanted to, he didn't have the time to.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cleretic posted:

William Henry Harrison surely didn't commit any war crimes, right?

Like, even if he wanted to, he didn't have the time to.

He was a commander during an Indian war so, yeah, war crimes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Wouldn't that Wu Tang album pharma bro bought be more sought after in music as a whole?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scarodactyl posted:

I like habeus corpus. He didn't.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Wu Tang would be up there, but thats intentionally limited in its release and has at least been played publicly a few times, plus it only came out in 2015.

All Lights hosed has been unavailable since 1994, with various fakes floating around on file sharing sites, and even the band don't seem to own master copies of it (possibly because they have admitted they don't think it's very good). The mystery is part of the appeal.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

AlbieQuirky posted:

I mean, the US Presidency is the loving One Ring. It corrupts the finest people.

Sure, sure, but there's something about our democracy that really selects against the Frodos and Sams. Probably something to do with having the choice between the fascist party and the chamberlain/quisling party

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mauser posted:

Sure, sure, but there's something about our democracy that really selects against the Frodos and Sams. Probably something to do with having the choice between the fascist party and the chamberlain/quisling party

It's the old chestnut about how anyone who seeks out power should be barred from it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1490098453376081923

https://twitter.com/Boringstein/status/1490104422403346439

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://mobile.twitter.com/CRegnant/status/1489842391267921924

Abortion the Hedgehog....

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I want to know how Wario gets himself out of this mess

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

I want to know how Wario gets himself out of this mess

Wario Land 5: The Iran Hostage Crisis

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

oh no

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Mauser posted:

All the bad people are making money in fields outside of politics. All the good people are doing good in the fields outside of politics. All that's left are biddable weirdos who are willing to live an abnormal life for the chance to do nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Still better than anything ken penders wrote