Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Joe Rogan seems like the kinda guy that occasionally dropped an n-bomb quoting someone or trying to make a point, but loving 70 episodes?

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if he had a hanger on character that was just named N-word Jim or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Do it and Forza Horizon 5 is out now and absolutely stunning to look at and a blast to play.

I played a bit of it, but I’m not huge into the Horizon series/free roam car games. I’m a huge Motorsport nerd and love familiarizing myself with an established track and putting in the fastest and most consistent laps I can. To me Horizon kind of lends itself to bashing your way through three laps or whatever and that’s not really my jam!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'll probably buy myself Gran Turismo 7 as a birthday gift since it comes out the day after. Now it's convincing myself not to buy a driving force wheel to go with it...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

T-Square posted:

I played a bit of it, but I’m not huge into the Horizon series/free roam car games. I’m a huge Motorsport nerd and love familiarizing myself with an established track and putting in the fastest and most consistent laps I can. To me Horizon kind of lends itself to bashing your way through three laps or whatever and that’s not really my jam!

I haven't played Forza since Forza 2, but that's what that game was.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1489692528475398150

wait till the end.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Something about that guys voice makes this seem lime a Norm MacDonald bit. Rip.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dude just loves dropping hard r’s

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1490036515178754054?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

I haven't played Forza since Forza 2, but that's what that game was.

That's Forza. Forza Horizons is an open world racing series and exactly what T-Square doesn't want, but what I do. Perfect laps on a race? no thank you. Drive 150mph through Mexican fields and hills as I destroy literally everything possible? yes please.

Like the current one is set in Mexico, the last one in England/Scotland, and 3 was Australia.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kalli posted:

That's Forza. Forza Horizons is an open world racing series and exactly what T-Square doesn't want, but what I do. Perfect laps on a race? no thank you. Drive 150mph through Mexican fields and hills as I destroy literally everything possible? yes please.

Like the current one is set in Mexico, the last one in England/Scotland, and 3 was Australia.

So you aren't on actual real world race courses? That's a big switch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Not even a little. It's a spin off series. The conceit is basically a horror movie where thousands of 20'something racers take over a country and utterly destroy it to show off sick racing moves

The game literally opens with you airdropping in a series of cars all over the country so you can immediately be racing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WHBed4d4Uw

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Skwirl posted:

It’s not a switch, they’re two different franchises. There’s the Forza Motorsport series (IE Forza 2) and the Forza Horizons series which started after Forza Motorsport 4 I think. They release in different years/independently of each other.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

T-Square posted:

It’s not a switch, they’re two different franchises. There’s the Forza Motorsport series (IE Forza 2) and the Forza Horizons series which started after Forza Motorsport 4 I think. They release in different years/independently of each other.

They do, or at least should, but Forza 8 has been delayed for years due to reasons (Covid, Halo being a mess) to the point that the release schedule has been:

Forza 7 > Forza Horizons 4 > Forza Horizons 5 > Forza 7 literally being de-listed because a bunch of the contracts expired.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Look Joe Rogan said the N word once, maybe twice, maybe every 25th episode

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kalli posted:

They do, or at least should, but Forza 8 has been delayed for years due to reasons (Covid, Halo being a mess) to the point that the release schedule has been:

Forza 7 > Forza Horizons 4 > Forza Horizons 5 > Forza 7 literally being de-listed because a bunch of the contracts expired.

I had a hankering to play MGS2 and 3 and went looking for it on XBox and PS4 but apparently they were also delisted because Konami lost the rights to some archival footage that plays in the cinematics.

I think I hate our impending all-digital future :sigh:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freaquency posted:

I had a hankering to play MGS2 and 3 and went looking for it on XBox and PS4 but apparently they were also delisted because Konami lost the rights to some archival footage that plays in the cinematics.

I think I hate our impending all-digital future :sigh:

What the gently caress

The Hague ruled that it’s a fundamental human right that all peoples have access to MGS 3 Snake Eater

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What the gently caress

The Hague ruled that it’s a fundamental human right that all peoples have access to MGS 3 Snake Eater

:(

We'll still be able to watch youtube videos of snake climbing a ladder for two or three minutes while the song plays though?

I wanted to do a chronological playthrough of this (chronological to the series) to waste time back when the pandemic started but MGS2 is not exactly playable as intended on Playstation Now which was the only way I could get to it. It wouldn't read you gently pushing a trigger to hold someone up. I was very disappointed. I did get the glorious ridiculousness of MGS3 before I found out about that though.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m still mad I can’t find this MGS remix some guy mixed that was on YouTube like a decade ago. I sifted through like two dozen crappy mixes several months ago and couldn’t find it, it slapped hard.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

:(

We'll still be able to watch youtube videos of snake climbing a ladder for two or three minutes while the song plays though?

I wanted to do a chronological playthrough of this (chronological to the series) to waste time back when the pandemic started but MGS2 is not exactly playable as intended on Playstation Now which was the only way I could get to it. It wouldn't read you gently pushing a trigger to hold someone up. I was very disappointed. I did get the glorious ridiculousness of MGS3 before I found out about that though.

The first time I played it I left it unpaused while I went to the bathroom at the bottom of the ladder so when I got back I climbed the ladder in complete silence

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Got my free guvment COVID tests in the mail today.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's very funny that this anti-Rogan stuff seems to be primarily coming from other right wing media guys super mad about Rogan being way more successful then them or being mad at Spotify because ripping off recording artists is for the libs? I don't even know.

Anyway, I wish 'em luck, because

https://twitter.com/mistergeezy/status/1488904386185150465

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/maxwellstrachan/status/1489595959197712394

um

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Replaced one of two bathroom sinks today (the second tomorrow after the caulk on this one sets), and it only took one extra trip to Home Depot for supplies.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Maybe the most accurate reporting I've ever seen.

The person who leads my first stand-up meeting in the morning loves winter. She said something on Tuesday about it being February, and asked if people were excited. After a short pause (we all hate being there at 8AM for that poo poo), I said it's the loving worst. Other than "tell us how you really feel", no one presented a compelling counter-argument.

Samadhi posted:

Replaced one of two bathroom sinks today (the second tomorrow after the caulk on this one sets), and it only took one extra trip to Home Depot for supplies.

We have a dark blue countertop with a built-in scalloped sink that was in our primary bathroom. Yours for the taking if you can get here before we actually do this Bagster garage collection thing.

e: Before you ask, no, sadly we do not still have the dark blue toilet that accompanied it

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 6, 2022

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

We have a dark blue countertop with a built-in scalloped sink that was in our primary bathroom. Yours for the taking if you can get here before we actually do this Bagster garage collection thing.

e: Before you ask, no, sadly we do not still have the dark blue toilet that accompanied it

I'm sorry, my post was inexact. I replaced the faucet on one of the sinks, but due to the general shittiness of the sink install, I had to remove it and completely recaulk it as well. The sink is being kept for now, as this is a stopgap measure until we remodel the entire bathroom and get rid of the lovely laminate-over-plywood 6-foot long vanity in the bathroom currently. They didn't run separate water lines to the sinks (one feed line dead center with t-splitters on them going to each side), so I am trying to determine what I will replace it with.

But I appreciate your offer, possibly you should save the scalloped sink and modify it into a bidet.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Must be nice to have a home to remodel you jerks!!!

I’m just tired of seeing homes get listed at $650K for 900 sqft around here. :shepicide:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Freaquency posted:

Must be nice to have a home to remodel you jerks!!!

I’m just tired of seeing homes get listed at $650K for 900 sqft around here. :shepicide:

Uhhhh...drat. Have you considered a yurt?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Samadhi posted:

Impressive! Plumbing always is at least 2 trips for me it seems.

I just about wrapped up installing cabinets in my kitchen. This has been a process but not as bad as anticipated. Laser level made things much easier.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Current state of our bathroom: almost fully torn down

Going to pull out any of that subfloor with black on it and get rid of the wire that was going to the whirlpool tub, then I think we're ready for actual construction.

The big push this weekend is pulling together a list of poo poo to buy and a general idea of what order to start putting things together. Big step 1 is installing an in-line fan in the attic for that bathroom (no fan currently) and the one directly to the right of that picture (has a fan going out the roof, which means electrical and ductwork up there to take advantage of).

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Current state of our bathroom: almost fully torn down

Going to pull out any of that subfloor with black on it and get rid of the wire that was going to the whirlpool tub, then I think we're ready for actual construction.

The big push this weekend is pulling together a list of poo poo to buy and a general idea of what order to start putting things together. Big step 1 is installing an in-line fan in the attic for that bathroom (no fan currently) and the one directly to the right of that picture (has a fan going out the roof, which means electrical and ductwork up there to take advantage of).

Nice. I get to start showers next week. I'm using the schluter kerdi system. Pretty much no brainier.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

One day I will have property of my own and I will create a bathroom with unrivaled luxury

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Samadhi posted:

Uhhhh...drat. Have you considered a yurt?

Just lol if you don’t think people are charging out the rear end for a yurt out here

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ornery and Hornery posted:

One day I will have property of my own and I will create a bathroom with unrivaled luxury

Just don't make a thread about it, I think that's a curse of some kind.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Copying from the Louisiana thread:

We tried an Ambrosia king cake and one from Calandro's in the last week, and while they're still really good, the one we shared earlier from Mikey's (the fried one) is still better.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Murderville on Netflix is pretty funny y’all

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

wandler20 posted:

Nice. I get to start showers next week. I'm using the schluter kerdi system. Pretty much no brainier.

I think we're going to do the Tile Redi pre-leveled pan and Redgard membrane with sunken storage shelves vertically in that second bay around the Romex. The other side of that drywall is the kitchen, so I guess it's nice to know what's back there for when we redo that.

Joey Freshwater posted:

We watched the first two last night. Will Arnett's reaction when Marshawn Lynch effortlessly jumped over the half-wall was so drat good.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I think we're going to do the Tile Redi pre-leveled pan and Redgard membrane with sunken storage shelves vertically in that second bay around the Romex. The other side of that drywall is the kitchen, so I guess it's nice to know what's back there for when we redo that.

We watched the first two last night. Will Arnett's reaction when Marshawn Lynch effortlessly jumped over the half-wall was so drat good.

I’m only halfway through the Conan episode but I’m excited for that one and Alexis from Schitt’s Creek

e: Conan losing it at the magic trick was great

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m only halfway through the Conan episode but I’m excited for that one and Alexis from Schitt’s Creek

e: Conan losing it at the magic trick was great

That guy does some pretty decent close up magic. Marshawn is episode 2, and it's also very good.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ripped Kumail weirds me out

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Joey Freshwater posted:

First two episodes were very good. Conan seemed like he was trying to actually play the part whereas Marshawn had this excited game show contestant vibe the while time. They were both fun in different ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

First two episodes were very good. Conan seemed like he was trying to actually play the part whereas Marshawn had this excited game show contestant vibe the while time. They were both fun in different ways.

They were both good about staying in character while Kumail can’t to save his life. He did get Will to laugh at one part which was pretty good

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 6, 2022