Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The level of detail in Hades is amazing even on a tiny lite. It looks crisp and totally fine on a big screen but I'm amazed at how good it looks in portable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The level of detail in Hades is amazing even on a tiny lite. It looks crisp and totally fine on a big screen but I'm amazed at how good it looks in portable

If I had to pick a best game on my Switch.....I dunno, I might be Hades

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Has anyone else had an issue with their switch thinking the game cart was removed? Twice the last two months I've powered it up and told me the game was closed because the cart was removed and won't start the game again until eject and reinsert.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I've had it happen before. But only like 4 or 5 times and I've got a launch switch.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I've seen that happen three times over 5 years. Probably wouldn't worry about it unless you see it more and more

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Barreft posted:

Switch with Hori Pad is pretty equal with Steam Deck, I can't play without the Pads so this is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/NevereverES/status/1489730693378752516?s=20&t=ZgFVtkTpco0DNCsCAFUPzw

The hori pad is really a goddamned game changer when it comes to mobile play
so much better than any of the grips

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The hori pad is too big for my tiny spindly hands

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The hori pad is really a goddamned game changer when it comes to mobile play
so much better than any of the grips

I love the hori split pad but I wish there was more weight to it. It feels just a bit too hallow.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

I love the hori split pad but I wish there was more weight to it. It feels just a bit too hallow.

I agree it's hollow, light and feels cheap. but after playing in bed or anywhere after awhile I really appreciate how light it is. It doesn't strain my arms much at all and being a non muscle baby man I love it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
My friend gave me his switch and it's hackable but it's totally banned from Nintendo online. Like you can't even download an update for a cartridge game.

Not sure what to do with it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

My friend gave me his switch and it's hackable but it's totally banned from Nintendo online. Like you can't even download an update for a cartridge game.

ebay then buy an oled

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

ebay then steam deck

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Shammypants posted:

ebay then steam deck

steam deck ain't happening unless you preordered last July.

or I mean if you're desperate:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

:sever:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I got Loop Hero and have played a few hours and I don’t really get it. I beat the first boss and have expanded my camp a bit but I don’t really understand what I am supposed to be doing.

Is there any strategy? I assume there must be but I’m more or less placing stuff at random. I unlocked some new cards but I have no idea why I’d want to use them over the existing ones. The mechanics are super murky and it feels like the game doesn’t really explain anything.

For instance, why would I want a swamp? It says it spawns mosquitos but doesn’t say anything about what mosquitos do. Do they have a different loot table or some interactions with other tiles? Also it says swamps make healing lethal and I have no idea why I would want that.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

If I'm transferring my Switch account from an old one to an OLED can I just pop my memory card out of the old one and put it in the new one to transfer games and stuff? Or will it be formatted and I'll have to redownload everything?
As an anti-piracy measure, downloaded games are encrypted for each individual Switch. So when you move a SD card to a different Switch you have to redownload the games.

You might still want to copy your screenshots off and back on after reformatting though.

Cattail Prophet posted:

If you have a micro sd adapter, you can put the card in your computer, copy all the data, stick it in the OLED to format it, then put it in the computer again and copy everything back over.
That works for screenshots and videos but you still have to redownload games and game updates.

KingSlime posted:

drat yep that tweet really highlights how much OLED owns, I'm sure the deck has a nice perfectly enjoyable screen but the contrast is stark.
The OLED screen is very nice but screen-to-screen comparison photos are always misleading compared to seeing such comparisons in real life.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

If you hack it, you don't need to connect to Nintendo ever at all to get updates through Tinfoil.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Harriet Carker posted:

I got Loop Hero and have played a few hours and I don’t really get it. I beat the first boss and have expanded my camp a bit but I don’t really understand what I am supposed to be doing.

Is there any strategy? I assume there must be but I’m more or less placing stuff at random. I unlocked some new cards but I have no idea why I’d want to use them over the existing ones. The mechanics are super murky and it feels like the game doesn’t really explain anything.

For instance, why would I want a swamp? It says it spawns mosquitos but doesn’t say anything about what mosquitos do. Do they have a different loot table or some interactions with other tiles? Also it says swamps make healing lethal and I have no idea why I would want that.

They don't exactly explain themselves but they also aren't super opaque.

Yeah, Swamps negate healing and spawn mosquitoes. Placing Vampires nearby will cause them to show up on swamp fights and actively hurt themselves when they hit you ('cause of the vampirism). Also you get different resources from the Swamp encounters (the encyclopedia thing will say what). And one of the classes is all about not taking any damage, so Swamps are a reasonable freebie there. Especially when the mosquitoes self-explode or whatever it is they do.

Almost nothing is always useful, but almost everything is useful in certain situations. Part of the fun of the game comes from figuring out which cards would be good for which runs, which depends partially on who you're playing and partially what kind of resources you want to get.

Plus it gets way harder after the first boss, so you have to figure out some of those improved strategies.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

ExcessBLarg! posted:

That works for screenshots and videos but you still have to redownload games and game updates.

Oh oops, my experience was with upgrading to a bigger card on the same switch, in which case it does work.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Target is doing a B2G1 sale. Includes Arceus so I picked that up with NMH3 and Superstars.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Hack Android or something on it.

You'd probably have better luck asking in the Homebrew Thread since they'd have better advice.

e: One hint for Loop Hero is to try a bunch of random stuff and see what works out. A lot of tiles have interesting interactions with other tiles and can unlock other stuff.

Adding more foes and stuff may seem counterintuitive, but it also makes you stronger and gets better loot. And as mentioned, some tiles work better for certain classes than others.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 6, 2022

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What did your friend do that got his switch completely banned?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

used the YouTube app to watch "Mario odyssey theme extended 10 hours"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

glassyalabolas posted:

Target is doing a B2G1 sale. Includes Arceus so I picked that up with NMH3 and Superstars.

Looks like you can flip some of these over to digital version as well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Feels Villeneuve posted:

used the YouTube app to watch "Mario odyssey theme extended 10 hours"

You know what's weird there's some evidence Nintendo didn't even do those takedowns, just somebody putting Nintendo as their name and the YouTube reporting system doesn't give a gently caress it just does it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

My guess is they played a pirated game. If Nintendo finds the same key enough times on different hardware they'll blacklist it and any hardware that it's installed on.
Or his friend is a prick that cheats in multiplayer. :argh:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Well, I decided to give myself a little treat tomorrow. What should I get? Xenoblade, Astral Chain or Pokemon Legends Arceus. Hoping for something that doesnt require me to shill out for an online pass or might possibly get ported to pc.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tired Moritz posted:

Well, I decided to give myself a little treat tomorrow. What should I get? Xenoblade, Astral Chain or Pokemon Legends Arceus. Hoping for something that doesnt require me to shill out for an online pass or might possibly get ported to pc.

Astral Chain ftw

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Tired Moritz posted:

Buy 2 games at Target and get 1 free.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wtf is a target??

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

LODGE NORTH posted:

If you hack it, you don't need to connect to Nintendo ever at all to get updates through Tinfoil.
Seriously, how long until Nintendo shutdown Tinfoil and blawar goes to prison? I'm very much surprised that hasn't happened yet.

(I don't really have anything against blawar. I mean, Tinfoil is very clearly an obvious piracy front but every other NSP installer is total amateur hour, so I guess I'm using Lithium for my backups. (Yes, actual backups.))

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You know what's weird there's some evidence Nintendo didn't even do those takedowns, just somebody putting Nintendo as their name and the YouTube reporting system doesn't give a gently caress it just does it
False DMCA strikes happen all the time on YouTube/Twitch from what I've heard. There are apparently entities that copyright claim stuff from IPs they don't own, and I have no idea why; I'm not sure what they're getting out of the deal.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Commander Keene posted:

There are apparently entities that copyright claim stuff from IPs they don't own, and I have no idea why; I'm not sure what they're getting out of the deal.

Some people just like to be assholes.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

This was rebutted.
https://twitter.com/Retroity/status/1489496010128863232?t=1E0Q4obtaI4M66yyNWhvKA&s=19

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 6, 2022

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Xenoblade is really good in some respects (music, visuals, some character development) but also so tedious if you do sidequests. If I had to go back, I wish I'd bought Astral Chain instead

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Seriously, how long until Nintendo shutdown Tinfoil and blawar goes to prison? I'm very much surprised that hasn't happened yet.

(I don't really have anything against blawar. I mean, Tinfoil is very clearly an obvious piracy front but every other NSP installer is total amateur hour, so I guess I'm using Lithium for my backups. (Yes, actual backups.))

There's nothing to "shut down", Tinfoil is a client and there's nothing Nintendo can do to block it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dont gently caress with nintendo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Is Astral Chain that good?!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Astral Chain that good?!

the combat is a bit strange though i liked it, and it's absolutely a game that i wish was on a more powerful system, but it's a really really fun ARPG with a lot more personality than i thought from the trailers

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dont gently caress with nintendo

I'm gonna install themes and there's nothing they can do about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

batteries! posted:

I'm gonna install themes and there's nothing they can do about it

die