Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

that was my thought too but its funny to think that these worms are like, emissaries of god or some poo poo and coyotes unleashing some old testament wrath on the troll city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

I just figured them being called "worms" by the news caster is just the trolls' interpretation as to what they're being attacked by when they're just Coyote's (sharp?) strings in reality. Also shoutouts to Henry the reporter troll (guy in the blue suit) who hasn't shown up since the Underbite saga in 2014 :unsmith:

next page as well

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

lol is that Captain Olimar?

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Puke Fuckem is a good username.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lazerbot would never spell roulette correctly.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

my story is a bit different from the normal stories

Open Marriage Night posted:

Lazerbot would never spell roulette correctly.

perpair to be annihilated

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017

Backweb posted:

Puke Fuckem is a good username.
Thanks

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

gee whiz mr ketchum you really shouldn't have talked poo poo on that guy's wife

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Pug Rodeo posted:

lol is that Captain Olimar?

Indeed it is!

Also new page, featuring a special guest:

edit: Next page came out as well (art by Lazerbot as a bonus)

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 13, 2022

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

SoggyWrist posted:

edit: Next page came out as well (art by Lazerbot as a bonus)

This is so good, I wish Lazerbot would draw all of the pages. Sadly I have no idea what's going out but I guess we'll find out eventually.

Anyway, Embergram was interested in the demographics of TGT readers, so he asked me to make this survey: https://forms.gle/JBgqMqX9NNVSNTn3A Pretty interesting results so far.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

coolbob posted:

This is so good, I wish Lazerbot would draw all of the pages. Sadly I have no idea what's going out but I guess we'll find out eventually.

Anyway, Embergram was interested in the demographics of TGT readers, so he asked me to make this survey: https://forms.gle/JBgqMqX9NNVSNTn3A Pretty interesting results so far.

Got me to check when this thread was first posted. Coming up on the ten year anniversary in a few days. :toot:

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Yeah I was gonna post about that on the anniversary.

I discovered the comic between the cover and first page of Chapter 5, so somewhere between late February and early March of 2012. My friend was a goon and showed me this page from the old Imgur album, which made me laugh my rear end off. Since then I've been hooked for life

For some reason the concept of Sonic characters telling Internet trolls to gently caress themselves in all lowercase letters was really funny to me

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

I don't remember the exact details of how I discovered TGT myself but I do remember the latest page it ending on being this (I think):

Necrothatcher posted:

They should have sent a poet.

Speaking of things of the past here's the next page featuring Pori who we haven't seen in roughly 9 years:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i still really love all the troll designs

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

SoggyWrist posted:

I don't remember the exact details of how I discovered TGT myself but I do remember the latest page it ending on being this (I think):

if that was first page of tgt i saw i would not be a fan

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Yeah I can see that haha, thankfully I had read the rest of the pages beforehand and was hooked from there. I'm trying to remember some more details, but I think the comic dubs on YouTube also played a huge part in getting me addicted.

Next page:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i can't help but just sigh at this point. just a long sigh. at least we got a tiny summary and what's been going on in the story the last decade.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

when's the last time we even saw shadow anyway

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Not much else to say
about it really..

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I wanna know more about "troops from China"

why is Troll City like, geopolitically opposed to the PRC to the point where they assume that troll deaths are due to that

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I assume because the Lazerbot clan watches a lot of Newsmax

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Fawf posted:

when's the last time we even saw shadow anyway

He showed up very briefly in a flashback during Chapter 24 but for an actual appearance? I think he hasn't shown up since Chapter 15.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I wanna know more about "troops from China"

why is Troll City like, geopolitically opposed to the PRC to the point where they assume that troll deaths are due to that

I feel like its a reference to a gag from when the Slaiyers got back together and added Pikachu to their ranks, and some of them were confused if Pikachu is a chinese thing. Maybe Pori saw Pikachu attacking the camp and assumed the same thing until he got more in tell on the Slaiyers

here's the scene in question

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i think the troll kingdom is fighting a war on all fronts. this conflict with the troll slaiyers couldnt have come at a worst time

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

this thread is now ten years old

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

coolbob posted:

this thread is now ten years young

:fut:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

coolbob posted:

this thread is now ten years old

Jesus i remember reading the first page of this in gbs back when i lurked and didn’t have an account :corsair:

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Jesus i remember reading the first page of this in gbs back when i lurked and didn’t have an account :corsair:

same but i didn't have an account for the first 8 years of this thread

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

The return of another all time classic saga!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
What would therapy even be like in Troll City?

The_rapist: lol get over it dumbass

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

davidspackage posted:

What would therapy even be like in Troll City?

The_rapist: lol get over it dumbass

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
Lmfao the troll saying “Oh Hitler” the way someone would say “oh god”

L-Bot’s still got it

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Welcome back to the house of god

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Now, Boah may not have been the most righteous man, but he happened to be the most talented skeleton-puncher this side of Trollerson County…

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Next page

Just want to say that I'm a huge fan of the panel where the Christians pull their weapons out together. Also, a lot of the churchgoers in these scenes are returning from these pages, incidentally, which I think is a great touch

I hope the club kid gets a chance to destroy a skelly before he inevitably dies :unsmigghh:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Two new pages!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Orange lumberjack is great.

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Haha welp

SoggyWrist posted:

I hope the club kid gets a chance to destroy a skelly before he inevitably dies :unsmigghh:

Suppose something is gonna get bashed in the end, just not in the way I expected :black101:

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 9, 2022

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I know it’s either too soon or too obvious but I’m getting serious “Rob” vibes from Bosh, and I hope he and Alice make it thru this okay :ohdear:

Bonus crack theory: Bosh and Rob have the same head color and general head shape, Bosh turns out to have Dragonborn blood because he’s Rob’s dad

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 8, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Literally Kermit posted:

I know it’s either too soon or too obvious but I’m getting serious “Rob” vibes from Bosh, and I hope he and Alice make it thru this okay :ohdear:

Bonus crack theory: Bosh and Rob have the same head color and general head shape, Bosh turns out to have Dragonborn blood because he’s Rob’s dad

Yeah, Boah's (iirc thats how it was spelled) an interesting guy. I hope he's not gonna be a case of the classic introduce and die a few scenes later cause it feels like he's got a bit of a story to tell

Next page, also featuring Lazerbot helping with some of the art:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Cutting edge of pop culture just as I’d expect