Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hello, yes, I would like to know more about cybersaint paffo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Logan's Run still has the best aesthetic for post-apocalypse fiction

Overgrown vegetation on the old world, Cirque Du Soleil inside the dome. Lots of tiddies and clunky 50's sci-fi robots.

Flawless. 10/10.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Wisemind is like a glimpse into a weird post-cyberpunk setting in which media and corporations have been crystalized into an arcane spiritual force.

I'm just imagining all these weird techpriest types and weird, vat-grown angels with corporate branding all arguing over what might be very normal things in the end. Most of them read like really hot takes and, honestly, I don't think any single person could write a setting that would live up to what these chunks build up in my mind. The authors of these memes are just the regular types of folks that would make memes, how I perceive it, and the presentation is usually so familiar that you think you almost understand it.

It's kind of amazing.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

DicktheCat posted:

Wisemind is like a glimpse into a weird post-cyberpunk setting in which media and corporations have been crystalized into an arcane spiritual force.

I'm just imagining all these weird techpriest types and weird, vat-grown angels with corporate branding all arguing over what might be very normal things in the end. Most of them read like really hot takes and, honestly, I don't think any single person could write a setting that would live up to what these chunks build up in my mind. The authors of these memes are just the regular types of folks that would make memes, how I perceive it, and the presentation is usually so familiar that you think you almost understand it.

It's kind of amazing.

they already made that its called Eye: Divine Cybermancy

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hey Man, Nice Bong

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Laid down in bed to go to sleep, for the glory of the empire!

Hm

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hollismason posted:

lol I had to look up what Pure for men was , well okay then

I am still extremely confused. Daniel is a bottom with (possibly?) a constipation fetish, and St. Valentines Zayn is suggesting they poop on their SO, or the other way around?

/edit: I've now deduced from an Amazon review that you want this product for a "regular" and "thorough" pooping routine so you can have the buttsex, but then I still don't understand the poo poo on him comment :(

Duzzy Funlop has a new favorite as of 08:56 on Feb 6, 2022

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That stuff keeps the pipes clean. The woman is saying don't bother keeping the pipes clean.

A pitiful attitude of someone who doesn't seek to be a well oiled and highly efficient instrument for another man's pleasure, as a bottom i am smdh

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Mr. Lobe posted:

That stuff keeps the pipes clean. The woman is saying don't bother keeping the pipes clean.

A pitiful attitude of someone who doesn't seek to be a well oiled and highly efficient instrument for another man's pleasure, as a bottom i am smdh

More like Mr. Lube

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Sagebrush posted:

Laid down in bed to go to sleep, for the glory of the empire!

Hm

A warrior must be well rested on the eve of battle!

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Boarded a train to Tallinn, for the glory of the Empire!

I saw BUSSY written on the station wall, shuddered, and thought of this thread.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Mr. Lobe posted:

thank you for explaining the meme to me, the most sexually vanilla straight dude on the planet (none of this is sarcastic)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

DicktheCat posted:

It's kind of amazing.

If you can come up with a better way for everyday folk to resist corporate media dominance than techpriests, I'd like to hear it.

Actually, the better idea is the 'out, proud, kinky and loud' method of Pride. We're gonna put big tits on everything, and if OmniDisney wants to sue, they have to acknowledge it's existence first.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Does anybody have that clip with the hopped up goblin man from presumably Florida with his still who goes something like money in the bank right here I wonder how it tastes lemme see how it tastes, ooooooooooooo baby that tastes Ghooode

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

euphronius posted:

Countries and nations are not synonymous

I am glad with the new Tolkien show we will get new Tolkien memes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This guy gets it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

me, the most sexually vanilla straight dude

My condolences

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
We can't all be winners

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I appreciate this

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Finland more like poo poo land!! Have you ever been to Turku??? Ugh

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Vittun Chiinttu saatana

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

That was me with the intros to both Westworld and Stranger Things

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I wish Netflix or whoever would allow me to permanently disable the skip intro button, I fuckin love title sequences

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I wish Netflix or whoever would allow me to permanently disable the skip intro button, I fuckin love title sequences

This is sick. You're sick. Peacemaker is the exception that proves the rule.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This is sick. You're sick. Peacemaker is the exception that proves the rule.

Huh?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

1. Memes appreciating the Peacemaker intro are posted, specifically that the users wouldn't use the "Skip Intro" button found on most video streaming services of the last 10 years.
2. Goon says "I wish there was no 'Skip Intro' button I love to watch introductions."
3. Other Goon (rightfully) says "That's messed up. The overwhelming majority of the time the overwhelming majority of people do not want to watch TV intros on streaming sites. Peacemaker is a notable exception." They say this using the common English expression "the exception that proves the [general] rule."

This has been remedial Goon English.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yes, I want an option that doesn't even ask and auto skips all recaps and intros and end credits

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There are few things more satisfying than mashing down the skip intro button when you know full well it's like a very cute intro that's only 3-5 seconds long

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I like text and pretty graphics and music :greencube:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Psycho poo poo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Smirking_Serpent posted:

On one hand, I am happy that you have a little treat that brings joy to your life. On the other hand, I vomited all over my keyboard while typing this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
If you're binging episodes, watch the intro on the first episode you watch in a day. At that point you can feel free to skip the rest. You don't need to listen to the same minute-long song every half hour or so, and unless a big casting change happens, you're not missing anything.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Title sequences are good and sometimes essential to setting the mood for the show.

We should also bring back the largely lost art of movie opening title sequences.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

House of Cards was the one intro I'd skip every time. Boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

:3: