Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

0wN1nG c01N3Rz 4 1337 p4g3z 4nD m0aR 2 cum

Edit: Bugger, one post too late. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

0OpZ

orange sky
May 7, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

0wN1nG c01N3Rz 4 1337 p4g3z 4nD m0aR 2 cum

What is this poo poo on page 1338

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Reported

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Am I too late to bring up yet another example of a coiner succumbing to a basic, obvious social engineering attack?

https://old.reddit.com/r/defi/comments/skqvit/i_just_lost_over_35k_to_scammers_beware_out_there/

Few things to note:

• The fella handed over his wallet's private keys, the one thing you're never supposed to do
  • Clicked a tinyURL link and trusted that where he landed was a trusted webpage
  • The Trader Joe platform (ripping off a grocery store chain, really) has a disclaimer about checking the domain because scams are apparently so rampant
  • The coiner cried to the FBI about it at the Internet Crime Complaint Center

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?

Lumbermouth posted:

Didn’t the weird nudes woman who Lowtax was definitely grooming to be his next ex-wife make these?

Yes. Looks like they are still unsuccessfully trying to get other people to pay thousands of dollars for them. Not a single one has been sold.

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Protocol7 posted:

Am I too late to bring up yet another example of a coiner succumbing to a basic, obvious social engineering attack?

https://old.reddit.com/r/defi/comments/skqvit/i_just_lost_over_35k_to_scammers_beware_out_there/

Few things to note:

• The fella handed over his wallet's private keys, the one thing you're never supposed to do
  • The Trader Joe platform (ripping off a grocery store chain, really) has a disclaimer about checking the domain because scams are apparently so rampant

all of those words are in english but i don't understand any of them, crypto is just gibberish

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
And a happy rugpull to you all.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

My friend asked me to find him the official video game for the Beijing 2022 games, but all I could find was this mobile game, complete with NFTs and play-to-earn.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

My friend asked me to find him the official video game for the Beijing 2022 games, but all I could find was this mobile game, complete with NFTs and play-to-earn.

Games have had things you could trade with other players for DECADES and pay-for-items dlc for almost as long. I know it shouldnt even phase me anymore at this point but I just cant get why anyone thinks NFTs are some new tech that finally makes this a reality instead of new tech that makes those existing functions far shittier

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Gutcruncher posted:

Games have had things you could trade with other players for DECADES and pay-for-items dlc for almost as long. I know it shouldnt even phase me anymore at this point but I just cant get why anyone thinks NFTs are some new tech that finally makes this a reality instead of new tech that makes those existing functions far shittier

The fantasy is that you can take items and characters from unrelated franchises, companies, and even console eras and bring that whole unbalanced inventory of poo poo into whatever new game has just released and instantly dominate it.

Pay to win, but you don't have to pay the folks making the games anymore

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Sashimi posted:

NFTs, where you can turn the equivalent of ~30k USD into :10bux:
https://opensea.io/assets/0x495f947...374305624227841

nice, the minter's collection also includes a gaping butthole

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

But crypto is banned in China.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
NFTs nuts

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

also hafthor bjornsson :smith:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Somfin posted:

The fantasy is that you can take items and characters from unrelated franchises, companies, and even console eras and bring that whole unbalanced inventory of poo poo into whatever new game has just released and instantly dominate it.

Pay to win, but you don't have to pay the folks making the games anymore
Pay to win, but you have to pay me to win.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

hmmmm

https://twitter.com/Scientits/status/1490033743528177674

Totally above board, not suspicious at all.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Zil posted:

hmmmm

https://twitter.com/Scientits/status/1490033743528177674

Totally above board, not suspicious at all.

Whaddya know, Tony Hawk falls under this too...

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Apologies if I'm being an idiot by missing an obvious joke, but Meta and "the metaverse" are unrelated. Meta is just what Facebook - the company - rebranded to, since they've been expanding into other things for a while now. Similar to how Google created Alphabet. Meta stock plummeted because their profits failed to meet expectations due to an increase in spending.

I'm sure you were probably joking but I've seen a few people confuse the metaverse for somehow being Facebook related, it's not. It's the stupid name that these crypto idiots are giving to their utopian world where crypto rules all and every aspect of our lives somehow lives on a blockchain.

https://about.facebook.com/meta/

Edit: oops there’s 2 pages of posts after this

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
In the latest episode of popular websites shoving their foot in their mouth over dumb crypto stuff, a freelance artist tweeted about resigning from online marketplace Gumroad on account of their unannounced plans to get into NFTs, and their founder completely lost his poo poo on Twitter, sharing private messages and comparing registered email addresses and such.

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1490117363894669313
https://twitter.com/cornhime/status/1490029570149564419

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Protocol7 posted:

Few things to note:

also notable is this guy had around 35k in student debt, and was holding this money in crypto because he thought the returns were better than the interest on his loans

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

oy a chav nicked me NFTs

this is funniest loving post I have seen in a while

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i feel like the Creative Artists Agency thing is a massive coffin nail thing, but butts arent financial instruments are like pure gambling progs, so the SEC or whatever toothless alphabet org has zero interest in doing something/anything

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

bagmonkey posted:

I don't think anyone wants anything to do with anyone's metaverse, hence why Meta's stock is plummeting

I mean they had their earnings call, reported an unprecedented loss, and then the stock fell 20%. But attribute it to whatever you want I guess, that's the crypto way.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah it was more due to apple shutting off their ability to siphon user data on ios devices coupled with a general decline in user numbers (because only old people use facebook and they’re dying off)

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Oh thank god. I thought he was dead for a minute there.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I'm just going to copy and paste a section from Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle". It's from an Anarchist talking about the form production might take in the future.

"Schliemann called himself a “philosophic anarchist”; and he explained that an anarchist was one who believed that the end of human existence was the free development of every personality, unrestricted by laws save those of its own being. Since the same kind of match would light every one’s fire and the same-shaped loaf of bread would fill every one’s stomach, it would be perfectly feasible to submit industry to the control of a majority vote. There was only one earth, and the quantity of material things was limited. Of intellectual and moral things, on the other hand, there was no limit, and one could have more without another’s having less; hence “Communism in material production, anarchism in intellectual,” was the formula of modern proletarian thought. As soon as the birth agony was over, and the wounds of society had been healed, there would be established a simple system whereby each man was credited with his labor and debited with his purchases; and after that the processes of production, exchange, and consumption would go on automatically, and without our being conscious of them, any more than a man is conscious of the beating of his heart. "

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Prurient Squid posted:

Oh thank god. I thought he was dead for a minute there.

Not dead, but he's dead to you now.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Has this been discussed?

Bored Ape Yacht Club is Racist and Started by Neo-Nazis

It's mostly circumstantial and they could just be a bunch of edgelords, but it's not exactly hard to believe. The logo thing is as blatant as it gets.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Elman posted:

Has this been discussed?
At length for tens of pages.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Still say it explains a lot even without context.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Crypto: Join us for another scam with a money back guarantee! I feel saddened that this type of scam probably nets people. Replaced name with scam . Copying as text makes the emojis even better. globe with meridians!

discord scammer posted:

octagonal_sign WARNING: OUR USERS MAKE THOUSANDS EVERY WEEK octagonal_sign

Are you tired of losing on pump & dumps and want to gain every single advantage? Then come try out *scam"! *scam* is an extremely fast pump & dump bot, which buys and sells within just milliseconds. There's a reason that *scam* is the #1 pump & dump bot on the market!

FEATURES:
zap - Places a buy and sell order within 10-200ms
gear - Configurable options
globe_with_meridians - No downloads
mobile_phone - Mobile friendly
white_check_mark - 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

point_right GET 50% OFF WITH CODE

white_check_mark For a limited time, try out *scam* and if you don't profit off your very first pump, get 100% of your money back! white_check_mark

You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, try it now:
https://discord.gg (scamlink)

(scam example from 3 months ago)

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Surprised no one posted the BAYC article from Buzzfeed!

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/katienotopoulos/bored-ape-nft-founder-identity

It’s about who’s actually behind BAYC, and apparently Coiners are pissed information has been put out.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 6, 2022

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Elman posted:

Has this been discussed?

Bored Ape Yacht Club is Racist and Started by Neo-Nazis

It's mostly circumstantial and they could just be a bunch of edgelords, but it's not exactly hard to believe. The logo thing is as blatant as it gets.

not gonna lie the psyop stuff going on with NFTs is funny as gently caress and I wonder how long it'll take before the entirety of it takes root and kills the whole market.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Feb 6, 2022

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lmao, $5 billion evaluation for making some quick and lovely flash style art and a ~200 lines python script to create randomized jpgs from it.

Looking forward to the bored ape cinematic universe and the bored ape ride at Disney world

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/katienotopoulos/bored-ape-nft-founder-identity

It’s about who’s actually behind BAYC, and apparently Coiners are pissed information has been put out.

quote:

(Disclaimer: This reporter owns one of those Olive Garden NFTs.)

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Diabetes Forecast posted:

not gonna lie the psyop stuff going on with NFTs is funny as gently caress and I wonder how long it'll take before the entirety of it takes root and kills the whole market.

it'll be slow and silent. basically zero offers will come in for NFT's and then they'll start selling for cheap.

What's a multi million dollar nft worth if nobody wants to buy it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Boywhiz88 posted:

lol the author owns a loving Olive Garden nft