Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Laserface posted:

Is this the asbestos town or another uninhabitable thanks to mining town?

Wittenoom is the asbestos town, Cossack is just an old port that got abandoned when they built Dampier and Karratha nearby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Just Cause 2
Lost Island

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

I'm sad Telecom tower is now closed to the public. Anytime family would visit, we'd always take em up there for a coffee if the weather permitted.

That photo is dope, we just had a thunder storm hit Canberra yesterday too.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-tskP0OzI

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Copper For Lyfe posted:

I'm sad Telecom tower is now closed to the public. Anytime family would visit, we'd always take em up there for a coffee if the weather permitted.

You can still go up there, you just need to bring your own coffee now and trespass. That pic was from yesterday I think, fresh on the Twitter feeds at least.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jestery posted:

Took this today

Got a nice angle on it

Theres a proposal in the works to redo the whole thing while maintaining the tower with some increased sun shading for better building efficiency. There gonna do two more towers like The Hudson (on the right, where I lived for a few years) and create a residential and commercial centre.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 24, 2022

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Poohs Packin posted:

Theres a proposal in the works to redo the whole thing while maintaining the tower with some increased sun shading for better building efficiency. There gonna do two more towers like The Hudson (on the right, where I lived for a few years) and create a residential and commercial centre.

Wouldn't surprise me

Brisbane's roads are going through a state of dynamism at the moment

Roads and transport has clearly, recently got a whole lot of money and a bunch of poo poo intersections, like the one near that building are being redesigned (you know the one)(as well as the free-for-all fuckfest intersection in the valley outside netherworld) and from what I can see of the paint marks, provision is being made for well segregated bike lanes and pedestrian spaces. The TAB building being a part of that is a cool idea too

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Were also getting the Metro reticulated EVs soon. Its basically a bus rapid transit system that uses dedicated lanes and will have a big Depot out in Rochedale. Supposedly theyll use solar to rapid charge busses in 4 minutes. Hopefully that will take some cars off the road.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Jestery posted:

(as well as the free-for-all fuckfest intersection in the valley outside netherworld)

I, an old remember when it was actual goth, 80s throwback club nights weekly at The Shamrock.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Copper For Lyfe posted:

As someone with family in Canberra yeah I got taken there a lot. The view owns and I have a lot of good memories of it. Like seeing an echidna for the first time, waddling outside the carpark. And I'm fairly sure a lyrebird once.

Hope it gets fixed up without losing that old govt building feel.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/ChrisTheJourno1/status/1486476853284012034

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

……oh a sandal, I was way off.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1486795665833226245

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/redcrow_28/status/1486659804261015557

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

What a psycho

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
People of a certain age and cultural background hate grass that's longer than 2 inches for some reason. If you have a lawn consider ripping it up and replacing it with anything else/nothing at all.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Heh

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
A pub with no beer for the modern Australian

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Here, have a Puggle that I spotted yesterday.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Adorable,

I rescued one once being attacked by meat ants, no spines yet, fit in a stubby holder I had, and went straight to the vet at Goulburn, they said he was strong and would survive, it made cute little grunty piggy noises.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

This guy was bigger and he looked furry but they were certainly spines (I picked him up to move him off the road).

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Yeah, it looks very cute, I have never seen one at that age before, no adult colourations etc

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Capt.Whorebags posted:

I think its parents want their baby back

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Where's the garden hose?

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Photos with threatening auras.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Photos with threatening auras.

Something about it kinda makes it look like a still from a video on a shock site and I don't know why.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

The town of Point Hope, Australia was founded in the 1800s by a group of convicts who were exiled from England. The town is located on a small, isolated, and mostly uninhabited island in the south pacific, and it is said that the island is haunted by the ghosts of the convicts. The town's only source of water is a septic tank, and the tank is slowly filling up with human waste. The town's residents are facing a serious sanitation crisis, and they are desperately searching for a solution.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Inceltown posted:

Where's the garden hose?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
The newer soft plastic gatorade bottles make the hose insertion much more difficult.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Nowher posted:

The newer soft plastic gatorade bottles make the hose insertion much more difficult.

This is a goddam travesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Visited this place today:

Attacked by the local fauna