Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Centusin posted:

what kind of monster shits in a boot instead of just digging a hole

People in gridlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Anidav posted:

People in gridlock

:golfclap:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Carpoo'ing

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/bobjcarr/status/1490265532204945408?t=Dih67ippQKT0KXQMvMh6MA&s=09

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

People in gridlock

nice

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

welp here comes prime minister potato

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/PeterDutton_MP/status/1490287721105207299

i'd like to see dutton sue somebody able to defend themselves for defamation but i doubt it'll happen

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Can't have an election without a change of leader, is unaustralian.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/masericha/status/1490242614267842562

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hahahahaha gently caress me

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So Parliament sits next week or so right? Meaning there has to be a :spill: in the next 2 weeks.

I would think Dutton would lose WORSE, but maybe he's afraid he's going to lose his seat anyway- might as well do the Downfall rant and take everyone else down with him.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

They've been watching "Long Weekend" again... (that's the 1978 movie for you non-oldies :corsair: )

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Carr's probably just poo poo stirring but it's masterfully done.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Lmao

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What is that flag at the end? It's like Serbia but the coat of arms is wrong?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

eXXon posted:

What is that flag at the end? It's like Serbia but the coat of arms is wrong?

Probably some WWII nazi collaborator flag

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re the "I think ScoMo's a bastard" txt message scandal(s).

If whoever had done it, or Barnaby had owned up, and admitted it, it would be so much less damaging than it is.

A single press conference saying "Yep, that was me. Scott and I don't get along, and often disagree. But you don't need to be best friends with everyone you work with, and in politics, some robust disagreement/argument is often a good thing. I completely support him and the LNP." would have cleared everything up.

The legs would have been cut out from underneath the story. Sure maybe you would have ScoMo the petty prick gunning for some payback, but seeing as you had publicly admitted it was you, he couldn't do much without looking like a petty vindictive prick.

But as is, this story goes on and on, and (hopefully), continues to hurt the government and Scotty. This from someone with a supposed background in marketing.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I hope Bob Carr talks about the people communally making GBS threads in a boot.

Carr poo poos car poos

Tee hee

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

They want to lose government, the ALP just couldn't win an election if it was handed to them (see 2019)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

BrigadierSensible posted:

A single press conference saying "Yep, that was me. Scott and I don't get along, and often disagree. But you don't need to be best friends with everyone you work with, and in politics, some robust disagreement/argument is often a good thing. I completely support him and the LNP." would have cleared everything up.

"The pm has my full support" is like step 2 of the spill playbook....

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 16 hours!)

norp posted:

Not all of those participating in politics are aware of "the grid"

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 16 hours!)

at this point the cossack australian community could take canberra if they really wanted to

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Not even Murdoch in his prime could get Dutton elected PM, he is just fundamentally a completely repulsive person, to listen to, to look at, or to interact with on any level whatsoever. The face only a Queenslander raised on a diet of lead fumes/paint and the courier Mail could love.

Even the most brain dead rusted on Lib voters I know still have enough basic human survival instinct left in them to look at Dutton and understand on a gut level that "something definitely ain't right about that guy"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

norp posted:

Not all of those participating in politics are aware of "the grid"

In fairness, it's been nearly 30 years since Swamp Thing.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

norp posted:

"The pm has my full support" is like step 2 of the spill Bill playbook....

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
If there’s another spill I hope Dutton gets outplayed again and we end up with Frydenberg just for maximum comedy.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Tirade posted:

yeah surely. even if it was Dutton i don't really think he's angling for a last-minute leadership swap. he'd be very stupid if he thinks becoming PM a month before the election campaign would be better for his career than just picking up the pieces in opposition. it didn't work for at all for Rudd, leadership changes this close give no time to reset the agenda at all.

even all the media reports at the moment are playing down any signs of an actual spill. there's been reports dutton probably has the numbers for months, but all signs are that they're not interested in actually making a move, and if they wanted to, the best time would have been months ago.

lih fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 7, 2022

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Wheezle posted:

If there’s another spill I hope Dutton gets outplayed again and we end up with Frydenberg just for maximum comedy.

A historic 0 votes for the LNP from Victoria results

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Corangamite will go liberal at the election

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Wheezle posted:

Swing to UAP in QLD and Regional NSW
Dutton becomes PM in a spill next week
Wins the election against Albanese by claiming to be a wartime prime minister against China.
WA swing is overpredicted
Tasmania stays Liberal
New South Wales swings Liberal
Gladys Liu still wins Chisholm with another wechat fake news campaign about safe schools.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
For real though they need like 60 MPs/Senators to want to roll Morrison for it to happen. It seems unlikely.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

I have to chuckle thinking about the oval office who has to drive back home with a car full of poo at the end of the day.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Wheezle posted:

For real though they need like 60 MPs/Senators to want to roll Morrison for it to happen. It seems unlikely.

As Carr says, party rules don't really mean much if you end up in a situation where a majority of them want to do it anyway.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

yoooooooooooooooo lmfao. could easily believe this happend also that it will never be mentioned in any actual news

https://twitter.com/elisethoma5/status/1490444872276660225

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Senor Tron posted:

As Carr says, party rules don't really mean much if you end up in a situation where a majority of them want to do it anyway.

Sure but that doesn’t mean two thirds of them are willing to put their name to it. It’s a pretty high bar.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

chris ulhman unable to sleep pacing his house spitting mad at daniel andrews to the point of reaching out to antivax psychos on gab or whatever with pr advice to tone down the trump flags and pedophilia obsession

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

Tirade posted:

No kidding.

https://twitter.com/bobjcarr/status/1490445035057213443?s=21

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

"Instead of standing here, with their real family"

abigserve posted:

Australia can have a little cult. As a treat

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://twitter.com/australian/status/1490469133275697154

uhlmann is also apparently quitting nine. maybe he thinks there's too much tolerance for cultural marxism there who knows. news corp recently upgraded their paywall defenses so i can't see what he's actually complaining about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

look im just gonna say it. no more failed priests. in politics in media in anything gently caress em all off theyre all loving weirdos