Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

GorfZaplen posted:

Must everything have a hot synopsizable angle to be worth checking out? Can't a piece of art's ability to make us think and feel be enough?

So, how's life in the 16th century when that was still a viable approach and you didn't have to heavily curate your selection for time to get any kind of appreciable breadth in art and topics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

HenryEx posted:

So, how's life in the 16th century when that was still a viable approach and you didn't have to heavily curate your selection for time to get any kind of appreciable breadth in art and topics

I came here and said it was worth my time. I don't give a poo poo whether anyone here reads it or not, it's your loss if you don't. In the time it took you to insult me you could have already been enjoying Bakune Young. That's the last I'll say of it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Anyone who posts on this forum can't pretend that they give a poo poo about their time. Don't think you're fooling anyone.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Begemot posted:

Sure, but there's a lot of art out there, and not enough time to engage with all of it. You don't need some perfect pithy slogan, just a basic description of the premise.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Ah, I get it. They're gimmick-posting the opposite of the Manga Panels thread. Only names, no samples.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Is it a romantic comedy? A sci-fi thriller? A historical drama? A fighting tournament? Who knows?

If you can't be bothered to take half a minute to give a simple description of something you love, why would you expect anyone reading this to spend their time looking into it?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tenkaichi updated with a pretty brutal conclusion. The bit at the end about the planning process for the tournament is interesting too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm not sure how I feel about that planning. I don't necessarily think every fight in a tournament manga should already have the winner chosen but to have no protagonist at all is a bit...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Read some of Bakune Young, pretty solid imo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RatHat posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about that planning. I don't necessarily think every fight in a tournament manga should already have the winner chosen but to have no protagonist at all is a bit...

Well its not no protagonist but everyone is a protagonist and yeah, its very clear from the way theyre writing it.

Theyve already broke expectations by killing off Honda Tadakatsu and Ieyasu losing, so if theyre planning this by merit of the characters they came up with rather than possibly interesting match ups between historical figures itll be interesting

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's a system that only really works in a manga entirely dedicated to the tournament format, but it makes for an interesting setup.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Volume 2 of Sora Ni Mairu / Confronting S. appeared on mangadex today :toot:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

Tenkaichi updated with a pretty brutal conclusion. The bit at the end about the planning process for the tournament is interesting too.

The visuals for this series are really good and for the two fights we have, the final moments of each loser are always handled in a way that makes how they go out have a lot of emotion to it. Props them up in a way that makes their loss feel good despite it meaning we lose an interesting character. We haven't hit a 10/10 fight in terms of story but the foundation is there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Shuumatsu No Valkyrie 58

Starting to approach Naruto levels of eye powers in this manga. Maybe it’s because Adam had one and is the ancestor of humankind.
Anyway I don’t know how Qin is planning on actually winning if he shares any damage he does to his opponent. Maybe it’ll be a double KO?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

Shuumatsu No Valkyrie 58

Starting to approach Naruto levels of eye powers in this manga. Maybe it’s because Adam had one and is the ancestor of humankind.
Anyway I don’t know how Qin is planning on actually winning if he shares any damage he does to his opponent. Maybe it’ll be a double KO?

If the other falls first maybe?
Qin is Kirby?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Popular 80's shonen turned seinen manga Bastard is getting an anime adaption, news came out of nowhere just now.

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1488911565671702532?s=20&t=4smmMaql2-FdlJaXMbJ1DA

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
is it going to finish the story? is this to sell manga volumes? i'm not sure why bastard is being animated

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Archer666 posted:

Popular 80's shonen turned seinen manga Bastard is getting an anime adaption, news came out of nowhere just now.

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1488911565671702532?s=20&t=4smmMaql2-FdlJaXMbJ1DA

This looks pretty cool actually. Guess I'm an 80s kid.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Relin posted:

is it going to finish the story? is this to sell manga volumes? i'm not sure why bastard is being animated

Its not clear yet, there'll be a livestream on the 10th that'll shed some more information what the plans are for this as well as a trailer. Most fans, including myself, are hoping it'll serve as a way to finish the story. The mangaka is as good as retired due to his poor health from drawing the manga on an insane schedule, and there hasn't been anything new for like a decade or so. Alongside the manga they also announced 4 new figures coming out, first merch since also like a decade or so of inactivity.

https://twitter.com/medicos_et_02/status/1489169290674667521

Nobody really expected anything like this and I'm super curious where this sudden revival is coming from.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

Shuumatsu No Valkyrie 58

Qin Shi Huang famously killed himself with mercury by mistake, so maybe something similar happened with SnV's Qin and his eyes, except not as embarrassing.

Also, this has nothing to do with the specific chapter, but Poseidon and Hades looking so young and handsome makes me think Zeus let himself go on purpose. He did look a hell of a lot different when he slayed Kronos.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Zeus got every kind of poo poo kicked out of him. He didn't lose his teeth to age, after all...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Supersonic Shine posted:

Qin Shi Huang famously killed himself with mercury by mistake, so maybe something similar happened with SnV's Qin and his eyes, except not as embarrassing.

Also, this has nothing to do with the specific chapter, but Poseidon and Hades looking so young and handsome makes me think Zeus let himself go on purpose. He did look a hell of a lot different when he slayed Kronos.

Yeah zeus chooses to look like a hosed up raisin

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
He knows he's in a fighting manga and someone needed to take the twisted grandpa archetype

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wanna bet that if (or rather, when) Zeus will end up in another fight, there will be a point where he sighs, says that the time to remove his limiter has finally come and then pretty-boyifies himself?

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 6, 2022

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Lt. Lizard posted:

Wanna bet that if (or rather, when) Zeus will end up in another fight, there will be a point where he sighs, says that the time to remove his limiter has finally come and then pretty-boyify himself?

That's like a guarantee for the endgame when this devolves into an all-out brawl.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so its been over a decade now since i last read shin angyo onshi and was wondering if it still holds up. was thinking about rereading it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

so its been over a decade now since i last read shin angyo onshi and was wondering if it still holds up. was thinking about rereading it

It absolutely does

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
good to know. i was worried it wouldn't because my memories of it are not great

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

It falls apart at the end in my opinion but yeah, it's one of the better seinen out there for at least the first half before slowly losing momentum

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The Hibiki scanlator has returned after 2 years

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

sinky posted:

The Hibiki scanlator has returned after 2 years

Oh my god. My reason for reading manga is back

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
after almost 15 years and across 5 different scanlation groups of variable quality, all 9 volumes of kiichi!! have now been translated

now to wait for the sequel series that lasted two volumes longer

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Coaaab posted:

after almost 15 years and across 5 different scanlation groups of variable quality, all 9 volumes of kiichi!! have now been translated

now to wait for the sequel series that lasted two volumes longer

so cool to finally see this done and I hope they manage to release it on a regular schedule. before getting these last 4 or 5 chapters in a week, it was like months between releases. anyway ending way great. cant wait to see how poo poo goes off the rails in vs

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I think I may have read a bunch of Kiichi in the deep deep past but I barely remember it. Just the faint recollection that I read it but I don't remember any of it. But I know it didn't bother me back then.

It bothers me a lot now.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 23, 2022

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

dipwood posted:

It bothers me a lot now.
In what way?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

group scanning the fable just dropped an entire volume https://mangadex.org/chapter/f51f2fda-8d03-4c6b-b130-aefb367173c1/1

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
gently caress yeah

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chas McGill posted:

gently caress yeah

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BADASS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
but now i want to read the next volume :(