Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

By popular demand posted:

Piss is fuelling the cars?!

Diesel exhaust fluid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_____!
May 2, 2004

DRINK ME posted:

In the documentary Knuckle, about travellers in the Ireland bare knuckle boxing, one old guy talks about how he used to soak his hands in petrol for twenty minutes a day when training for a fight, to make them hard as stone.

Would that also soak up to your brain for a dizzy time during/after?

Depending how many blows to the head they've taken over their career, they might not even notice.:q:

By popular demand posted:

Piss is fuelling the cars?!
Pee is stored in the balls petrol station.

I believe it is DEF based on what the others here said, which is some kind of additive for diesel I think.

Ahhh I knew it had something to do with emissions, thank you!\/\/\/\/\/

_____! fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 6, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
With a can-do-attitude, any worker is expendable.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
DEF isn't a fuel additive, it's sprayed into the exhaust system where it turns into ammonia, which then converts nitrogen oxides back into nitrogen gas and water.

And yes, it's urea+water, so basically piss.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

DEF (AdBlue etc) is used to reduce the amount of nitrogen oxides in diesel exhaust by injecting it in the exhaust stream. It mainly consists of urea, i.e piss.

e:fb

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Swilo posted:

DMSO is a prime example of this effect, but relatively harmless.

Relatively, depending on conditions
Long read so I will just post the link https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/analysis-of-a-toxic-death

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Jabor posted:

DEF isn't a fuel additive, it's sprayed into the exhaust system where it turns into ammonia, which then converts nitrogen oxides back into nitrogen gas and water.

And yes, it's urea+water, so basically piss.

Look at these jokers synthesizing piss instead of extracting it naturally from the source!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Where should I piss in a diesel truck to help them out

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Ror posted:

Right up the tailpipe.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Ror posted:

In the tank marked DEF.

If you meant a diesel driveway queen pickup, straight into the fuel tank.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

This feels more like a choose your own safety station.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

In the tank marked DEF.

If you meant a diesel driveway queen pickup, straight into the fuel tank driver

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah. The driver might like it. You need to piss in the fuel tank for several reasons:

1) To contaminate as much fuel as possible
3) To see it drug off on a tow truck
4) Cost the owner as much money as possible in repairs

2) Rehydrate and repeat 1 (if needed)

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Spotted the redneck

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

D34THROW posted:

Spotted the redneck

It's true. I used to watch nascar and drive an 80s diesel pickup. Now I drive a subaru, smoke all the weed and I'm watching curling.

So trust me when I say, piss in the fuel tanks of diesel pickups, but leave semis alone. They might be hauling your anime action figures, or supplies for the weed shop I frequent.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The big redneck trucks have big fuel tanks, will a little piss in the tank really do anything?

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Cojawfee posted:

The big redneck trucks have big fuel tanks, will a little piss in the tank really do anything?

Maybe not your lil pissant stream

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I am a big city libcuck with a tiny BMW, I'm sure I can't piss up enough rope to foul up a big 7 liter diesel.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Slowly gently caress up the fuel filter. You need a few people pissing to achieve full stop fuckery. Pistons, rings and sleeves are not fond of water based fluids under high compression and heat.

Those big diesels also have very expensive fuel injectors, that are also not fans of anything but fuel.

Get your friends together for a night of bud light and you'll have plenty of piss.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I collect my piss in 20L jerry cans. Until now I haven't figured what to do with them.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nenonen posted:

I collect my piss in 20L jerry cans. Until now I haven't figured what to do with them.

Jerry's cans have never looked better.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Nenonen posted:

Got a lot of them? Won’t fit in the closet anymore? Would you say that at this point, your piss is stored in the halls?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Now selling spherical septic tanks.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Get your friends together for a night of bud light and you'll have plenty of piss.

Would combining this with an all-you-can-eat asparagus buffet be worthwhile?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Maybe.

This is what we need science for, to answer the difficult questions.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/MieAC129/status/1490210759238123521?t=ehSGxTiHG7B1mIeAIVU5og&s=19

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6vjq6aJJ81r0uzl6.mp4

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Okay, I see what you’re saying, but hear me out: I’m thinking what if maybe yes safe??

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lmao, owns.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Nenonen posted:

Whatever you do, don't leave them behind like the last time you moved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2BvKlfmOY
(For those not versed in moonspeak, all the bottles seen here are full of piss. The lack of PPE is worrying.)

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Needs some of those tasteful Samsung battery pack throw pillows to complete the look.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Aero737 posted:

Been a while since we've had a good bridge loving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFLJvpwm52Q

Now it's my turn to show my lack of understanding but...what do those train cars that are nothing but a frame down the center do/carry? I've seen them before and never could be able to figure it out.

Are they just massive crumple-zone cars for just such an event?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Alkydere posted:

Now it's my turn to show my lack of understanding but...what do those train cars that are nothing but a frame down the center do/carry? I've seen them before and never could be able to figure it out.

A youtube comment called them centerbeam cars, which are apparently used for carrying bundled goods.

https://www.up.com/customers/track-record/tr081021-what-is-a-centerbeam.htm

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Cojawfee posted:

maybe for you, but when I piss it sounds like I'm frying chicken.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Cojawfee posted:

A youtube comment called them centerbeam cars, which are apparently used for carrying bundled goods.

https://www.up.com/customers/track-record/tr081021-what-is-a-centerbeam.htm

Ah that makes a lot of sense actually! Though in this case it was probably the best case a couple of cheap, empty centerbeams got hosed up than, say, fuel tanks.

klezmer life yo
Jan 7, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Typically they have tarp-wrapped bundles of lumber on them, but they have to run them back to the mills empty like in the video.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Coffee Sludge posted:

Dudes rear end literally fell off.

That's not very normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
This thread taught me that diesels need piss.

I drove a diesel car for a few years, but it was a 1979 Mercedes, and to my knowledge no urine was ever involved in its operation.