Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Wasn't Tanjiro supposed to be getting blood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yawgmoft posted:

Wasn't Tanjiro supposed to be getting blood?

Yes, but he's a bit busy dying from poison.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I caught up on the season this week and how the gently caress have you all been living with these cliffhangers?

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Yeah, this episode got me to audibly scream out with excitement twice.

Holy gently caress what an episode

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Hot drat, that was good. kinda wondering how they'll write themselves out of "yeah everyone survives the suicidal demon nuclear explosion". 100% expecting at least 3 deaths. Tanjiro and nezuko can't die but I can see them going full depression mode and killing off the boys

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

marumaru posted:

Hot drat, that was good. kinda wondering how they'll write themselves out of "yeah everyone survives the suicidal demon nuclear explosion". 100% expecting at least 3 deaths. Tanjiro and nezuko can't die but I can see them going full depression mode and killing off the boys

I don't know how you see "I CAN MOVE MY INTERNAL ORGANS" and think the main boys have any chance of dying. Uzui 100% threw himself in front of Tanjiro and took fatal damage though.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

I don't know how you see "I CAN MOVE MY INTERNAL ORGANS" and think the main boys have any chance of dying. Uzui 100% threw himself in front of Tanjiro and took fatal damage though.

yeah that was hilarious lmao

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The wives might have saved everyone, some of them haven't done anything yet so it's a possibility.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Muscle Mice will save everyone

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Not much of an entertainment district anymore

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Lots of red light though

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I know that the animation is top notch and everything but that last fight sequence was incomprehensible.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
So I've seen the Mugen Train movie and I've seen anime original episode with the Flame Hashira. Am I missing anything anything if I skip ahead?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah you can skip the rest of the tv Mugen Train arc to the start of the entertainment district arc.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Cool. Just gonna grab all those sweet Taisho Secrets and then head on to the Entertainment District.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Not much of an entertainment district anymore

Fun fact it actually in real life got set on fire and burned down in 1913.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah I know we just saw it

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

I was watching the fights in this ep through my fingers. Amazing animation as always.

The next (and final!) episode of this season is 45 minutes long!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Speaking of fingers, seeing Tanjiro's fingers like that was pretty uncomfortable, lemme tell you.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Thanks to MHA I'm completely inured to purple fingers.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sindai posted:

Thanks to MHA I'm completely inured to purple fingers.

I thought I would be too but it's the way they're bent backwards like that that's extra grody to me.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm always down for Nezuko getting to do more stuff. And now she gets to talk during the Taisho Secret! Her VA gets lines that isn't just -snarl gnash grrr-

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Was it just me or was that ending sequence a total homage to re:zero ep 15s ending?

Crazy animation in typhus episode, pretty much movie quality in spots. The amount of “not actually dead lol” stuff was wild but uhh I guess not unexpected

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I've always just rationalized Inosuke's organ claim as, "it was cool when Uzui blatantly lied about the poison, I wanna do that too!"
Pig baby has to imitate everyone he admires. He even ripped off the muscle mice.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Inosuke has proven himself to be a freak of nature, so I absolutely believe he moved his internal organs to avoid a fatal blow. Mind you that moving his organs doesn't stop poison coursing though his body so he could be bullshitting about his poison immunity.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Inosuke's real secret is that he can only be killed by someone prettier than he is.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Inosuke has proven himself to be a freak of nature, so I absolutely believe he moved his internal organs to avoid a fatal blow. Mind you that moving his organs doesn't stop poison coursing though his body so he could be bullshitting about his poison immunity.

Inosuke works like a 40k Ork. He's too stupid to die. He thinks he's immune to poison so he is. He thinks he can move his heart around so he can.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
or he could have had that condition where all your organs are mirrored from the normal position, but it's a shounen anime so it doesnt really matter

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I really hope Zenitsu learns how to do all this awake. I mean the sleepwalking thing is completely pointless now that he appears to be having entire normal conversations during it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Self-Taught Beast Breathing - 99th fang. Earthworm's Heart Fang! Redundant organ growth technique!

As for Zenitsu, it happened off-camera and as a mention, but he has been on solo demon slaying missions and come back successful albeit traumatised. I assume rather than asleep, he just needs to be in a state where his innate... Zenitsuness can't get in the way. So overload his panic centres, and he reboots in safe mode. While: DemonAlive = True, Use Thunderclap and Flash, Repeat.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The end scene reminded me of Re:Zero when the giant Ice Spirit basically ended the world and the credits rolled as the snow fell. It's like basically you got the bad end in an RPG.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

it was never mentioned that Inosuke isn't a klingon, so

marumaru
May 20, 2013

LorneReams posted:

The end scene reminded me of Re:Zero when the giant Ice Spirit basically ended the world and the credits rolled as the snow fell. It's like basically you got the bad end in an RPG.

yeah. that was such an incredible moment. i miss re:zero

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Ya I said it up above but I feel like there’s no way the ending of this episode wasn’t homage to that

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I haven't been so pumped up about a show in a while. This was great, and upon rewatching the last part (a few times) I have to say whatever weird sound effect they play when The brothers head is cut off just sounds so awesome.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Dang, it's been said by others but the fights in this anime are truly next-level. I'm looking forward to seeing how they animate the wildness coming up later. I know of one fight in particular that it seems like a prime candidate for lots of CG, but they've blended that in better than any other anime I've seen so far. That gives me hope that with even more experience and slightly better future tech they'll be able to pull it off well, though if they use it like I think they would it's a really high hurdle to clear to not make it stand out/clash with the other animation.

Conspiratiorist posted:

My favorites are this and Upper Moon 1.

Yeah, I'd rank UM 1 as the best pure fight. I'm expecting that to have CG that's more like what we've seen so far, and based on how the fight was depicted in the manga there's a lot of potential for utter insanity. The action in fights has also been a lot more spread out and detailed than I expected (flashy, one could say), so here's hoping we get to see a grand spectacle when we eventually get to that fight!

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 8, 2022

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
You maybe surprised how much of this show is cg

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Tabletops posted:

You maybe surprised how much of this show is cg

Yeah I know it's a pretty wild amount, which is why I give the show a lot of props for blending it so well because it never conflicts with the other animation on the screen for me.

This honestly seems like it gives the best of both worlds, and I'd like to see more anime (especially action anime) adopt it. Going full CG like in Knights of Sidonia doesn't work for me, but Kimetsu no Yaiba always delivers a high quality product.

I suppose it also helps when the anime property is so popular that you don't have to deal with a lot of the budget and time-crunch constraints that most anime do.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Elfface posted:

I'm always down for Nezuko getting to do more stuff. And now she gets to talk during the Taisho Secret! Her VA gets lines that isn't just -snarl gnash grrr-

The neck-snapping force of the tonal shift in the Taisho Secret segment made me laugh. It was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

The show looks great but it's not like they're hiding the CG or anything, it's pretty easy to spot (and abundant). The issue is that our bar for CG in anime was just set very low :v: