Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
god drat Mary is a fuckin abuser just as much as Wilbur is

being the agony aunt for a seniors complex newsletter apparently turns one to gaslighting

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pondus

The Good Innvandrer

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mikl posted:

Modern Kevin & Kell

LIONS DO NOT HAVE WINTER COATS

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Wasn't the tree in love with Fenton when it was first introduced? I mean, I'm not hung up on it, but if I have to remember Kevin and Kell plot points instead of my bank account number, I wanna make sure I've got it right.

Edit:

Tiggum posted:

I think Belluso is going after the publisher, but the Morgans signed an incredibly bad contract that says they have to pay the publisher back for any money they lose due to this. Which incentivises the publisher to pay Belluso off to make him go away, because they end up losing nothing.
Oh, this makes more sense. It's stupid but it makes sense.

Mercury Hat fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 6, 2022

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Mercury Hat posted:

Wasn't the tree in love with Fenton when it was first introduced? I mean, I'm not hung up on it, but if I have to remember Kevin and Kell plot points instead of my bank account number, I wanna make sure I've got it right.

No, the tree had super protective maternal feelings towards Fenton once he made his house in the tree, to the point where it didn't allow anyone to see him. This was a result of rotten wood, and once the gang (mainly Lindesfarne) had lobotomised the tree removed the rot, it all went back to normal. Still maternal feelings, but without the over-protectiveness. (Late March -- early April 2003.)

Later, the tree started embezzling money from Kevin's business; this, again, was to "help" Fenton, and it was, again, not the tree's fault, it had been driven crazy by all the spam it received on a constant basis through its internet connection. Once the gang installed a spam filter, it all went back to normal. (July 2003.)

And no, I don't know all this off the top of my head, I had to go check on the K&K website. (Which, just by the way, is terrible to navigate if you're looking for a specific thing, but that's a gripe for another day.)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Travis

Get Fuzzy 2/5/02

Brenda Starr 2/12-14/48

Smokey Stover 1/13/46

Everyday Movies 10/25/34

"They approached me regarding a screen test, but they'll have to meet my price."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol nice shirt Principal Rooney

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

John Allison posted:

The incorrigible S. Winters is up to her tricks, even at this trickiest of junctures.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "17 - Jucika wants to make a Phone Call"

"kõzért = grocery store, citrom van = lemons for sale"

"Context: Back then in Hungary, buying lemons or other fruits was really difficult as they had to grow their own but said fruits don't really grow there and couldn't import them from other countries."

"18 - Jucika at People's Stadium"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom (double Bos edition)

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Mikl posted:

And no, I don't know all this off the top of my head, I had to go check on the K&K website. (Which, just by the way, is terrible to navigate if you're looking for a specific thing, but that's a gripe for another day.)

Thank you and I'm sorry to have put you through that lmao.

Doomykins posted:

Jucika "17 - Jucika wants to make a Phone Call"

"kõzért = grocery store, citrom van = lemons for sale"

"Context: Back then in Hungary, buying lemons or other fruits was really difficult as they had to grow their own but said fruits don't really grow there and couldn't import them from other countries."
E: I've been learning Hungarian and this was the first Jucika title I understood on my own. I didn't get the rest of the text, but baby steps. I love Jucika, thank you for keeping posting even after the archives ran out.

Mercury Hat fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 6, 2022

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Alhazred posted:

The Good Innvandrer

A situation like this is why I renewed my work credentials a month before they were due to expire.
"But Spamo, you've got a whole month before you have to renew and you'll end up moving backwards through the year and renewing in like, December!"

Expired certificates loving suuuuuuuck, for things like passports/drivers license I renew like 6 months to a year before they're due.
And I don't want to blame the victim here either, she doesn't have my luxury of a relatively unstressed lifestyle and obsessive calendar usage, it's so easy to forget about something like renewing a credential because you don't get an email or letter that your passport is expiring (afaik) and it keeps working right up until the day it doesn't.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Storm P

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

An all-time great Slylock Fix today. Cassandra Cat plus Giorno Giovanna.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Vater und Sohn: A bird comes flying (01/1937)

The title is an extremely well known folk song whose most familiar first verse translates to

A bird comes flying
Sits down on my foot
With a note in its beak

... things diverge at this point: during the 19th century it's a note from the narrator's lover, at the beginning of the 19th it was somewhat bowdlerized into a note from mother. This is what most people know and in fact the eariler version was news to me until just now. Anyway as you can guess, it's only the comic's title for some easy recognition points. :v:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

An all-time great Slylock Fix today. Cassandra Cat plus Giorno Giovanna.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

- Draw a circle
- Draw the rest of the jojo
- drat, that's a fine jojo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Nintendo Power wouldn't print my cool envelope art of Toxic Seahorse and this Caz character gets their JoJo drawing in a newspaper? Where's the justice?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Apparently not the first Jojo on Slylock.

But nothing can beat Sonichu

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
When did Slylock Fox start talking? :psyduck:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

The Phantom

Just telling this stranger on the street about my human trafficking crimes.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"I'm a little uncomfortable with how our contract, that we wrote, put you in this position." "I'm uncomfortable too, particularly with my lawyer that I paid to review the contract before I signed it."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Kinda getting 90s Vertigo vibes from that Phantom, with the sleazeball villain and violence and slightly grimy artwork.

Y'know, a while ago we talked about what we'd do if we were the comics syndicate, and I feel like rebooting Defenders of the Earth in a British Invasion style across three individual daily strips would be a worthwhile project.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Indigineous art is not only a thing that exists, a lot of modern art is inspired by it

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Zits

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

FoxTrot

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

LMFAO as someone who helps academics put their tests online let me tell you this: fifteen true or false, fifteen mcq = "You'll have to have slept entirely through every single class to fail this poo poo, these will 100% be ripped off the textbook's learning resource site, if you even opened the texbook you win because more often than not they're also used as end of chapter self tests and you get given the answers". Even when not, I went through a test set up like this once using the demo student to make sure it worked and guessed every single answer and still passed.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Pictured: 3 people who will never come to this bar again:

ChaCha Chako

Night Visitors

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The planet Chako lives on is a melon???

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Zereth posted:

The planet Chako lives on is a melon???
No, she's basically looking for something to distract Chako so she stops inadvertently destroying the world out of boredom.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Giant Ethicist posted:

No, she's basically looking for something to distract Chako so she stops inadvertently destroying the world out of boredom.
Ah, I see.

And she chose a melon.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

Kinda getting 90s Vertigo vibes from that Phantom, with the sleazeball villain and violence and slightly grimy artwork.

Y'know, a while ago we talked about what we'd do if we were the comics syndicate, and I feel like rebooting Defenders of the Earth in a British Invasion style across three individual daily strips would be a worthwhile project.

Crisis on King Features. I’d want Mary Worth and Mark Trail in on it too, classic and modern versions. Apt 3G sacrifice themselves to save the multiverse.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Zereth posted:

Ah, I see.

And she chose a melon.
Historically it works.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Zereth posted:

Ah, I see.

And she chose a melon.

The king of fruits!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I just got the Patreon preview of John Allison's next comic event and I think people are going to want to pay attention to this one. The first page is up now at badmachinery.com.

I guess this is now the thread where we discuss John Allison and his work?