Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Wheeler 6 5.04%
Kings of the Black Throne vs Death Duo 17 14.29%
Ruby vs Nyla 0 0%
Punk vs MJF 81 68.07%
WARDLOW?!?! 15 12.61%
Total: 119 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
That Diamanté/Bunny/Sakura heel team whips rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Brandon rules

https://twitter.com/BranCutler/status/1490227054884765697?t=ATXfc5MXi4VM3HJ6oKHg8Q&s=19

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1490369976800272384

Hooray!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

On his recent Unrestricted, he talked about how he did a lot of cosplay w/ his wife, and how they joked about they were better put together than any wrestling gear he ever wore. That's how she got into making gear.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's pretty wild that we're a month out from Revolution and we don't kayfabe know a single match yet. And TBH we don't really know anything beyond that, we're just assuming.

It obviously hasn't been specifically announced but Britt/Rosa is almost guaranteed after Rampage.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I was thinking that they might make the point that Rosa's DQ victory boosted her in the rankings. Might be a nice pay off and underline why wins and losses matter, and one shouldn't just haull off and bonk people with wrapping paper.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

britt vs rosa should main event revolution

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

JUNGLE BOY posted:

In a steel cage. No outside inference this time*

We will of course get outside interference.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
so i was looking at the youtube views on the AEW channel and the biggest segment from last week is the DB/Mox stuff, not any of the Punk/MJF stuff.

If you were gonna armchair meltzer, do you think this means that the Punk/MJF program wasn't as hot as they thought? The weak booking of punk has taken him down a few pegs? People wanna see punk and MJF talk but they don't wanna see them wrestle? The Sammy and Darby segment has more views than the segment titled 'MJF put punk to sleep'.

really makes u think

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

People don't want to watch MJF win.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Being honest, I kinda got burned on MJF vs Punk before the actual match (it was good but somehow I knew that MJF was going to win).

I'm more interested on Mox and BD right now.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

dodgeblan posted:

so i was looking at the youtube views on the AEW channel and the biggest segment from last week is the DB/Mox stuff, not any of the Punk/MJF stuff.

If you were gonna armchair meltzer, do you think this means that the Punk/MJF program wasn't as hot as they thought? The weak booking of punk has taken him down a few pegs? People wanna see punk and MJF talk but they don't wanna see them wrestle? The Sammy and Darby segment has more views than the segment titled 'MJF put punk to sleep'.

really makes u think

One is a forty-five minute match, and the other is an easily digestible five minutes or whatever.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It’s good they didn’t hotshot Punk but they should have pushed him harder than they did. Shouldn’t have had him slumming it for so long, doing nine weeks of happy to be here promos. Don’t think they’ll get that early magic back. But there is one way to get it drat near peak, and that involves bringing in some back up for his MJF feud:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

JUNGLE BOY posted:

agreed

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

:hmmyes:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

No it should be Mox/Bry

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Alan_Shore posted:

No it should be Mox/Bry

They can be the Buy In.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I honestly think this is part of it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I do

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/SleepyScribs/status/1490470992786997250?t=eHMZLZnDEfPK9H4WWQsWRw&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

good shadowrun portrait

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hobbs is so cool

https://twitter.com/TrueWillieHobbs/status/1490476352822120448?t=hq6D-hrWg9TB5KN7q5V_hw&s=19

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

good shadowrun portrait

:hmmyes:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I keep trying to make an NFT joke but Non Fungible Taz is dumb. Maybe NFTT?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I keep trying to make an NFT joke but Non Fungible Taz is dumb. Maybe NFTT?

NFTW

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Goddammit

:golfclap:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Still thinking about the last temptation of Mox

Shard fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 7, 2022

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

ricky would buy an nft then someone would explain to him he could afford many oil paintings of himself with the money and do that instead

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Shard posted:

Still thinking about the last temptation of Mox

https://twitter.com/yixura/status/1489352738379116546?t=9z0eJE5kf6kkjXMh3IzgPQ&s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/NicolasYapura/status/1489422489465802760?t=yLYpVR1IKfMAN6KB1UJHuQ&s=19

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Unfortunately OC and Cole already did the Hannibal finale

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I'm taking a -bath- on TazCoin, these... freakin' lawyers, I'm so upset right now!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

been paying a bit more attention to AEW/wrestling the past few weeks

about punk etc

It was inevitable that the novelty of having Punk back would wear off, so that doesn't really bother me. I'm just sort of observing from a distance to keep tabs on when they decide to run a main event feud with him. People really like MJF and I think he makes good matches, but I've never been that into his character. His promos always tilt more towards cringey than entertaining bastard to me. A lot of swagger and verbosity but not much wit. So I was never going to be too interested in that feud - still waiting for the BIG Punk feud.

Danielson and Moxley is the biggest thing piquing my interest right at this moment. That feels like the right thing for them to be doing and - hopefully - they can come into the world title scene and start making that feel like a main event again. Hangman is a likeable guy, and is a good wrestler, but absolutely everybody in the world is a good wrestler now. He still feels like a decent midcarder to me and has brought the title down to that level rather than rising to it.

they still need to give the women's division more consistent focus and storylines. it is no good having 20 people on the roster and you only see each of them once every 2 months or whatever.

it seems like not much has really changed in AEW since I last paid attention. I don't think they're doing anything really wrong it just feels like they have a lot of 'good' floating around and I'm keeping an eye on for when something compelling pops up. I know other people will find plenty compelling on the shows but I've been watching wrestling a long time and I feel like I've seen it all before. I'm sure something will happen - the moxley and danielson stuff is most promising, like I said. That doesn't feel like same old storylines to me.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

roomtone posted:

Danielson and Moxley is the biggest thing piquing my interest right at this moment. That feels like the right thing for them to be doing and - hopefully - they can come into the world title scene and start making that feel like a main event again. Hangman is a likeable guy, and is a good wrestler, but absolutely everybody in the world is a good wrestler now. He still feels like a decent midcarder to me and has brought the title down to that level rather than rising to it.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I think I know what you mean. It was kind of inevitable that whatever came next for Hangman wouldn't measure up to the chase and the unique multi-year storyline of him and the Elite simply because that was one of the best stories in modern wrestling. And I don't have any specific complaints about him being the champion. He's fine. He's fine. It's fine. But he also doesn't feel close to being the most interesting guy in the company. He just feels like a solid but generic white guy with a stubble and shoulder length hair "I don't take guff from nobody" babyface.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think if you're being this dismissive of the mjf/punk storyline there won't really be anything big enough for you to care about

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I feel like the people who complain about MJF not being witty are kind of missing that he's not supposed to be a 'cool heel', he's supposed to be unlikable.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

roomtone posted:

I know other people will find plenty compelling on the shows but I've been watching wrestling a long time and I feel like I've seen it all before. I'm sure something will happen - the moxley and danielson stuff is most promising, like I said. That doesn't feel like same old storylines to me.

I'm sure other people here have been watching wrestling a long time too lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

If you're reading youtube tea leaves for answers, two main event WWE stars are always going to chart higher than one main event WWE star and one midcard homegrown star. I don't think it needs to be more complicated than that, WWE's shadow still looms large over everything and will do so for a few years to come.