Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

Turns out the Coventry camp (with the saunas) wasn't being dismantled after all, the cops just seized their fuel. According to the protesters, they're down about 3200L of it -- which could either mean the cops left with two half-full faygo bottles, or that a line of eleventy-five fuel trucks was filled to bursting

What the gently caress are they even doing? Like, honestly, what do the brass see as the outcome of these actions they are taking?

They have to know they are going to actually face some poo poo when all this winds up, unless the city council is even more useless than they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

infernal machines posted:

What the gently caress are they even doing? Like, honestly, what do the brass see as the outcome of these actions they are taking?

They have to know they are going to actually face some poo poo when all this winds up, unless the city council is even more useless than they are.

.....sigh. I am sorry to inform you that yes, yes they are

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
They're probably hoping they can starve them out by denying them resources but there's plenty of idiots on their side who might smuggle stuff in.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bunnyofdoom posted:

.....sigh. I am sorry to inform you that yes, yes they are

Oh wow.

I am so sorry.

Mokinokaro posted:

They're probably hoping they can starve them out by denying them resources but there's plenty of idiots on their side who might smuggle stuff in.

But they're also not doing that, unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I don't understand why you don't just take apart the illegally constructed shed instead of delivering it to their base camp

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Duck Rodgers posted:

I don't understand why you don't just take apart the illegally constructed shed instead of delivering it to their base camp

gently caress, we'll loan you some of Toronto's finest, they have have significant experience rapidly disassembling makeshift shelters on public lands

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

But they're also not doing that, unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

They claim anyone caught bringing provisions to the camp now will be charged. We'll see how that goes in practice.

I also suspect bringing the shed to the camp is more about localizing them in one place.

Their logic is VERY faulty but there's SOME logic to it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Some of the truckers are now worried about the kids they brought with them being forced to be cold now that they don't have fuel to idle their trucks 24 hours a day. There are also allegedly pets according to some comments but I have not seen any evidence of pets (though it's not like I've gone down there myself).

Who brings their kids to this?

I suppose if they want their kids to be warm, they could always just go home?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

HackensackBackpack posted:

Some of the truckers are now worried about the kids they brought with them being forced to be cold now that they don't have fuel to idle their trucks 24 hours a day. There are also allegedly pets according to some comments but I have not seen any evidence of pets (though it's not like I've gone down there myself).

Wear a mask and pay for a hotel with your Christian gofundme millions! Easy as pie.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

I have seen some of them with dogs.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Piquai Souban posted:

Wear a mask and pay for a hotel with your Christian gofundme millions! Easy as pie.

Those were cancelled, weren't they?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Not the one on the site ran by a QPublican Dominionist.

As if they'll see a cent of the money still though.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

I thought the Christian gfm-type site that Rittenhouse and the Proud Boys reportedly used was collecting, and there was a crypto one (lol). It definitely got hazy when actual gfm went down (and became a Republican piñata) and some new or copycat campaigns started on other platforms.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Piquai Souban posted:

I'm sure Maverick lady will be sharing the cash any minute now.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Mokinokaro posted:

The biggest Polish church in Mississauga staged a food drive for the Ottawa truckers and delivered it this weekend. They were also collecting financial donations for them to cover "lost expenses" because they can't drive anywhere in this tyrannical lockdown country that has been stripping them of their freedom.

Source: a trucker I know who went full KKKonvoy and has been giving me updates about how much freedom were losing and how awesome and brave the thousands of truckers are who are protesting. No, really, there are thousands of trucks there, but the cameras can't show them all because of Trudeau's Evil Corporate Agenda.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Report yourself for having a Child In Need Of Protection in your custody to own the libs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Not the one on the site ran by a QPublican Dominionist.

As if they'll see a cent of the money still though.

Piquai Souban posted:

I thought the Christian gfm-type site that Rittenhouse and the Proud Boys reportedly used was collecting, and there was a crypto one (lol). It definitely got hazy when actual gfm went down (and became a Republican piñata) and some new or copycat campaigns started on other platforms.

Oh fun, I didn't know there were multiple sites collecting for them. Sounds very reputable and trustworthy, too.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Guzwar posted:

No, really, there are thousands of trucks there, but the cameras can't show them all because of Trudeau's Evil Corporate Agenda.

The continued need to inflate numbers when this has been so much more successful than anyone could reasonably expect is pretty hilarious.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Giving the benefit of the doubt and saying that 99% of the freedom convoy people aren't arsonists and Nazis, have any of the organizers or prominent people said anything either disavowing or condemning those that do waves confederate/gadsden/nazi flags? Has ANYONE involved in the convoy said anything against the flag-wavers? Because I don't see anything and the doubt is going away.

I didn't have any doubt

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Seems like it's done
https://twitter.com/_llebrun/status/1490563347435114500?s=21

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

The Queen is still there.
https://twitter.com/_llebrun/status/1490563433913331714

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

The “do you have concrete irrefutable evidence you were a victim of a crime?” thing is getting pretty annoying when the people almost getting run over, almost pushed into moving traffic, having racial/homophobic slurs or objects thrown from speeding lifted white F150’s assert such things happening. MF they are too busy being victims of crime to perfectly document such things.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

ARACHTION posted:

Can van-goon with PM hit up Normy, Madkal and LeschNyhan with our discord invite link? Thanks!

Hit me up as well please whoever.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I know everyone wants to talk about the truckers, and I don't mean to imply that anything the BC Liberals do these days is particularly important or newsworthy anymore, but I think it bears mentioning that Kevin Falcon is the new leader of the party, and I for one say: lol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MikeSevigny posted:

I know everyone wants to talk about the truckers, and I don't mean to imply that anything the BC Liberals do these days is particularly important or newsworthy anymore, but I think it bears mentioning that Kevin Falcon is the new leader of the party, and I for one say: lol

more like kevin urban pigeon eh eh eh

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

I saw a picture of him and literally thought it was Adrian Dix

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Poldarn posted:

Giving the benefit of the doubt and saying that 99% of the freedom convoy people aren't arsonists and Nazis, have any of the organizers or prominent people said anything either disavowing or condemning those that do waves confederate/gadsden/nazi flags? Has ANYONE involved in the convoy said anything against the flag-wavers? Because I don't see anything and the doubt is going away.

I didn't have any doubt

The word we use for people like that is 'Nazi'.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Poldarn posted:

Right at the start they destroyed a couple Confederate flags that showed up but that didn't last at all.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Poldarn posted:

I didn't have any doubt

This is the bit that really gets me. It's so easy to even just say "nazis not welcome", but instead they joke about it.

Also really hoping that apartment thing isn't what it looks like because the idea of people wanting to burn down an apartment building is scary as gently caress.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Regina police shut these guys down last night. The roads to the legislative grounds were all blocked off with cement barricades so the chucklefucks started blocking traffic on Albert street, one of the main arteries for traffic in the city. The police showed up and started ticketing, towing and taking plates and most protesters scattered.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

MikeSevigny posted:

Canada's a big place! I remember seeing some quick polls yesterday, asking if we were happy that this guy was the new leader, and I made a mental note to pop in here to see what this guy was because that's often easier than trying to figure it out on my own because lol if wiki and the sun are going to give us the whole picture.

He's not going to be elected premier, is he.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

flakeloaf posted:

Canada's a big place! I remember seeing some quick polls yesterday, asking if we were happy that this guy was the new leader, and I made a mental note to pop in here to see what this guy was because that's often easier than trying to figure it out on my own because lol if wiki and the sun are going to give us the whole picture.

He's not going to be elected premier, is he.
My uninformed US take: Which party in BC shills to chinese investments the least? There's your answer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Seems then that the Winnipeg police are still the same inept, racist loving losers they always are as this poo poo is still going on here. And Mayor Bowman isn't going up for reelection so he's doing gently caress all.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

The Human Crouton posted:

By mass murder you mean the twitter post you found that showed a still frame of two people in a hall? Have we seen the video? Have we identified the people? How often does arson happen in Ottawa outside of trucker protests? Are these people associated with the convoy? Can crimes unrelated to the convoy happen even if the convoy is in town? Is one of the people in the picture you?

This is what you are basing mass murder on? Is this your unassailable base that you keep coming back to?

[timg][img]https://i.imgur.com/CWRcs3X.jpg[/timg]

You could actually read the whole contents of the linked tweets but then I guess you wouldn't be able to take your "enlightened centrist" position would you? You barge in here slinging poo poo based on no knowledge whatsoever of what is happening, but hey, you must be right that it's all a big nothing because that fits with what you want reality to be.

I live in Ottawa, I know what's happening. Are you in the discord channels, listening in on the convoy zeelos, watching the streams from downtown? No you aren't. You don't know poo poo.
So gently caress off.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Jon Kay and the usual suspects spent all night trying to debunk the arson photos, claiming that brown hair was purple (its brown), and suggesting the police were never called until the thread (they were) but I'm certain they'll just stick to the alternate reality they've created

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Our provincial liberal leader is in the "oh lol" class too. Without the sign, I'd have mistaken him for Pistachio Disguisey

https://twitter.com/RichardCityNews/status/1490689277793116160

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/annettegoerner/status/1490682556420919296

lol

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

CanPol 2022: Not a spine to be seen anywhere in Canada, eh?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 7, 2022

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Holy poo poo lol I’ve never bothered seeing what he looked like, he’s a turtle man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Also lol:

quote:

Heavy-duty towing experts say it will be difficult or impossible to remove the hundreds of heavy trucks entrenched in Ottawa's downtown — unless the drivers allow it.

CBC counted 40 trucks on Kent Street and 109 on Wellington Street Friday, with dozens more on other streets spread around the downtown core. Then on Saturday, Ottawa police said 500 heavy trucks were in the so-called "red zone."

Trucker Lloyd Crowe from Picton, Ont., has been parked just a couple of blocks away from Parliament Hill since last weekend, but he's not worried about being towed.

"If you know anything about truck air brakes, once you pull that button, all 18 wheels are locked," Crowe told CBC on Wednesday.

"Nothing can move it, except maybe a big wrecker. And no wrecker worth his salt is going to come anywhere near this, because they're on our side."

quote:

David Allen, president of Gary's Towing in London, Ont., said while towing a truck that doesn't want to be moved would be hard, it is physically possible — even if the air brakes are engaged.

Heavy-duty tow trucks can transfer air from their system to the trucks to release the brakes, Allen said. Failing that, they could "cage" the brakes, which involves manually backing the brake off each individual wheel.

"We have all the capabilities on our tow trucks to do it … but I don't think anyone would want to," he said.

That's because many companies who provide heavy towing would be hesitant to risk their relationships with trucking companies, Allen said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-protest-truck-tow-remove-1.6339652