Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Saw Jackass. Pretty good but the absence of Bam and his parents definitely hurts the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Watching the Sean Payton movie on Netflix and I’m a little surprised that Sean Payton only wore Saints themed clothing the whole time he was suspended. You’d think he would be able to wear something else but no.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol Medical Examiner Guillermo is wearing a Savanna Bananas shirt in an episode of Reacher and now I want one

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
We just started condo shopping and it's stressful as gently caress

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Braksgirl posted:

Uh huh and in the actual Grimm story, the step sisters mutilate their feet to fit in the slipper because no fairy tale is complete without some gore.

Oh yeah, one of them cuts off her big toe.

Maybe he's a shoe guy? Obsessed with the concept of a wife that wears glass slippers.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Amy Pole Her posted:

What state are you located in? It’s a common thing to happen and 95% of the time when there’s financing, there’s a contingency on financing AND previous home sale.

CA, the market seems hot enough that I cannot imagine sellers dealing with any contingencies when they get 20 offers and probably half of them are all cash. Or do you mean a contingency with the bank providing the loan?

Qwijib0 posted:

Pretty much. Family of ours sold their house at the "peak" in fall 2020 and planned a 1-2 month stay in a short term rental while they found a place. Which they did, a year later.

This is a fear of mine, where you sell and just end up in limbo where you might end up waiting a lot longer than anticipated. So few houses are going up for sale that there is a ton of competition for them all.

Also, kid is on about the 4th viewing of Encanto in the last 2 days or so.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 7, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

We just started condo shopping and it's stressful as gently caress

Where are you looking? Make sure to look into the condo board finances before settling on a place.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

T-Square posted:

Lol Medical Examiner Guillermo is wearing a Savanna Bananas shirt in an episode of Reacher and now I want one

Absolutely get one. I bought one from them a few weeks back and they called me to thank me personally for the support. Then sent me a koozie and a bunch of stickers along with my shirt and a hand written thank you note

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Me and my SO talked about it today and we’re thinking we might just put our home buying plans on the back burner for now. There was an NYT article just the other day about the high number of buyers who regretted the decisions they made and trying to buy in this market feels like we would wind up as one of them. I don’t know if prices will ever come down (though I feel it’s unlikely) but maybe we’ll at least not be trying to outbid 2 dozen other desperate people.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

Absolutely get one. I bought one from them a few weeks back and they called me to thank me personally for the support. Then sent me a koozie and a bunch of stickers along with my shirt and a hand written thank you note
TIL about the Savanah Bananas and their awesomeness. Minor League Baseball is so much fun.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
We did our memorial for my folks yesterday and it was good. The Seahawks painting is still with my mom so she can take a bunch of pictures of the memorial table for my sister in law since she couldn't come due to her recent surgery. My brother did get super hosed up earlier and is in jail for either a Dui or drunk and disorderly so once our mom lets me know how much bail is I'm sending the money. I get it, he's the one who found grandpa, but my inner social worker wants to social work this and it's not going to work.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
cracked is poo poo, but lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG_v4bb2e4k&t=345s

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/Cryptoterra/status/1490513463768010753

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

Where are you looking? Make sure to look into the condo board finances before settling on a place.

No set neighborhood. But yeah has moved us off of a couple places so far.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

T-Square posted:

I don't remember if it was talked about here, but I binged Reacher after a friend highly recommended it. It's so good. Haven't gotten into a TV show like that in a while.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

TIL about the Savanah Bananas and their awesomeness. Minor League Baseball is so much fun.

They’re actually not MiLB, it’s an independent summer league that college kids play in. The games are an absolute blast to go to if you ever get the chance and if you have Instagram or Twitter definitely follow them because the stuff they post is hilarious. They do kilts only games. One time they had a player on stilts. They have DJs on the sidelines for some games.

If you know who Eric Byrnes is, he’s their current manager.

The team is mostly funded through the city and also their owner but it’s not a lot. So when you spend $30 on a shirt or whatever you know it means a lot. They do a ton of work with non-profits and are just a great organization.

e: example:

https://twitter.com/TheSavBananas/status/1489478947284914180?s=20&t=1-1xMP9Ik14kt38MHWKfVw

https://twitter.com/TheSavBananas/status/1485734245960232968?s=20&t=mET4PLWdRy7Uoio-bIsq4A

https://twitter.com/TheSavBananas/status/1483801418624499715?s=20&t=mET4PLWdRy7Uoio-bIsq4A

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 7, 2022

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I don't remember if it was talked about here, but I binged Reacher after a friend highly recommended it. It's so good. Haven't gotten into a TV show like that in a while.

I just finished it tonight and yeah I really enjoyed it too.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress it have more

https://twitter.com/TheSavBananas/status/1470755462052253699?s=20&t=mET4PLWdRy7Uoio-bIsq4A

https://twitter.com/TheSavBananas/status/1469426704791834629?s=20&t=mET4PLWdRy7Uoio-bIsq4A

https://twitter.com/TheSavBananas/status/1461378676180742149?s=20&t=mET4PLWdRy7Uoio-bIsq4A

i love the bananas

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I stanned for it pretty hard itt. I really enjoyed it from start to finish. Even the kitchy nature of some things made me smile. Reminded me a lot of an 80s movie and I liked the vibes of it. I think sometimes streaming shows get caught up trying to do so much with so many characters and stuff they forget how important executing an entertaining plot is to the success of a show, something Amazon seems to be a lot better at than Netflix and Disney so far. I liked the side characters quite a bit too.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

curling update

motherfucker

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1490521538629668864

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I saw the Top 5 Walkups video and I was hooked. That's why I made that post. I didn't know they aren't official MiLB but that just makes it better.

hahahahah in the background of the commentator dude there's a Belle from Beauty and the Beast doing a totally not Disney meet with some kid.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 7, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
just watched the finale of Star Trek Prodigy. That was a lovely two parter

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
What is with parents and having ancient food in the fridge/pantry. They had two packs of single serving Jello in the fridge that had a best by date in 2016. I don't necessarily think food is bad at the date on it, but they have been opening their fridge multiple times per day and seeing this same Jello for at least 5 years, you would think at some point you would either eat it or toss it. Pretty much everything that gets stored (as opposed to used fresh) is severely expired - salad dressing, etc. I would bet money that if you go into the back of their pantry you would find things with a best by date in the 80's.

I recall about 10 years ago heading there early in the morning to go golfing and my dad made omelets. For some reason the omelet was vile, completely inedible. I noticed the cheese smelled terrible (no idea how he did not notice), and figured it was bad. At first it looked like it was 2 months short of the expiration, but then I noticed the year was actually 2 years previous. It was not moldy, just … bad.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Y’all ever notice of how the protagonists of nearly every period show on TV have more or less perfect 2020s liberal attitudes on race, religion, sexuality, etc? It just makes shows like Marvelous Mrs. Maisel or 1883 or whatever feel like they’re about time travelers experiencing the past, rather than actual human beings who are a product of that world. I guess Mad Men would be a good example of a show that largely avoids that.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

General Dog posted:

Y’all ever notice of how the protagonists of nearly every period show on TV have more or less perfect 2020s liberal attitudes on race, religion, sexuality, etc? It just makes shows like Marvelous Mrs. Maisel or 1883 or whatever feel like they’re about time travelers experiencing the past, rather than actual human beings who are a product of that world. I guess Mad Men would be a good example of a show that largely avoids that.

Not really. Also for every show that tolerates gays there are like 50 that make it a punchline. Same for race, religion (non Christian only), ir anything else really. Also, allies and people who have been tolerant and accepting of LGBTQ and interracial relationships have always existed, and probably in far greater numbers than represented historically simply because it was really only 50 years ago that non white men could actually vote in practice due to legal fuckery that the Civil Rights Act tried to eliminate.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hi everyone I went camping in february, which you can do in california, it was chilly at night but stayed above freezing and we had a lovely time

I hope everyone is doing OK and if not, I hope you'll be OK soon.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Camping pics to share??

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'll upload all the shots to lightroom and google photos etc. tomorrow and see what came out, sure

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

swickles posted:

Not really. Also for every show that tolerates gays there are like 50 that make it a punchline. Same for race, religion (non Christian only), ir anything else really. Also, allies and people who have been tolerant and accepting of LGBTQ and interracial relationships have always existed, and probably in far greater numbers than represented historically simply because it was really only 50 years ago that non white men could actually vote in practice due to legal fuckery that the Civil Rights Act tried to eliminate.

This isn’t really me saying “I want more racism and homophobia on tv”, or that I think allies didn’t exist before 1980; it’s more that I just think there’s kind of a tired trope in period television where the writers contrast the world of 1950 or 1850 or Westeros or whatever, which is portrayed to be dumb and bad, with our protagonist who happens to be exceptionally enlightened and good- just like you, the viewer.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

This isn’t really me saying “I want more racism and homophobia on tv”, or that I think allies didn’t exist before 1980; it’s more that I just think there’s kind of a tired trope in period television where the writers contrast the world of 1950 or 1850 or Westeros or whatever, which is portrayed to be dumb and bad, with our protagonist who happens to be exceptionally enlightened and good- just like you, the viewer.

Mark Twain did it awhile ago

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
probably kind of tough to sell the producers on the pitch where every character is bigoted as hell, even the ones where you're trying to market some action figures for them.

Unless you're going for strict historical accuracy instead of any sort of entertainment.

Speaking of bigotry, some friends of ours are an interracial couple with kids, and last week they were telling me gut wrenching stories of the disgusting number of times they've been arrested/detained because some racist thought they had kidnapped the kids, or some other bullshit. This apparently started a few minutes after the birth of the first child, when dad (white) was confronted by the head nurse of natal, who didn't know the races of the couple, and wouldn't let dad touch his kid because 'his wife had obviously cheated on him with a negro.' Rural Idaho hospital, but still. This was only 12-13 years ago. They've had to carry around birth certificates and family photos just to avoid jail.

Yesterday they went into a local ice cream shop, dad's holding one of the two kids, they're holding hands as they go in, and midway through their order the owner pushes aside the employee helping them and stopped one of the kids from getting a scoop, and repeatedly questioned dad as to whose kids they were, even though he was clear that he was paying for all of them. They walked out, and apparently most of the other customers did as well. But for one of the kids, it was the first time getting a face full of abject racism, and they're not handling it too well.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

gently caress man that is really loving lovely. I’m in an interracial marriage with a kid, but my wife is
Lighter brown. My kid looks pretty much white, which I didn’t really expect, but I guess it makes sense.

Never had to face any crazy racist poo poo like you’re describing. I want to be amazed that stupid poo poo like that still happens, but I guess I’m not. I don’t even know what I would do if some random idiot started questioning my kid if I was really his dad. Has it always been like this, or is it worse because of Qanon?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Bird in a Blender posted:

gently caress man that is really loving lovely. I’m in an interracial marriage with a kid, but my wife is
Lighter brown. My kid looks pretty much white, which I didn’t really expect, but I guess it makes sense.

Never had to face any crazy racist poo poo like you’re describing. I want to be amazed that stupid poo poo like that still happens, but I guess I’m not. I don’t even know what I would do if some random idiot started questioning my kid if I was really his dad. Has it always been like this, or is it worse because of Qanon?

They said they’ve been dealing with it constantly for over a decade. I think it’s always been like this.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There is an episode of that 70’s show where it seems like Red might hate his new gay neighbors because they’re gay, but it turns out he hates them because they’re Viking fans.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I haven’t dealt with anything as wild as that, but I’m brown and my wife is white and since before we got married, we regularly get asked if we want separate checks at restaurants. We thought it would change after we had our son, but it still happens even when we’re out as a family.

Thankfully it’s relatively benign, but it’s odd.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I loving love Wing and in my quest to watch every single main Gundam series, nothing has yet to replace it as my fave. That said, it holds up better than expected but has some rough patches and the middle space parts slow down. Gundam 00 definitely takes and improves some stuff Wing in season 1 so I usually rec it instead.

I'm almost done with ZZ Gundam so that leaves me with 08th MS Team (a rewatch), G-Gundam (a rewatch) G-Reco (haven't seen), AGE (haven't seen), Gubdam X (haven't seen) and Iron Blooded Orphans (need to finish) to complete.

I have a soft spot for Gundam X; I watched it waaaaaay back in the VHS fansub days ( :shepicide: ) and never got to finish it, but it has some of my favorite Gundam designs ever, and that first OP is the poo poo.

Silly Burrito posted:

Watching the Sean Payton movie on Netflix and I’m a little surprised that Sean Payton only wore Saints themed clothing the whole time he was suspended. You’d think he would be able to wear something else but no.

Payton understood branding was important :v:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

As an early 20s self-described classical liberal (:suicide:) my eyes were really opened when this black guy I worked with told me about how he was pulled over, on average, 10 times per month and how hard it was to even go places. He was a huge dork and a nice normal person and played college football and drove a nice car and there was no reason to even think he could be pulled over for anything other than his race. A legit :psyboom: moment for me.

Then I got into EMS and saw the devastating effects of institutional racism, generational poverty and wealth inequality several times a shift and away we went on the radicalization train.

It’s crazy too how many first responders look at the same conditions and draw the racist conclusion though.

————————-

Unrelated but I completed my first clear w the shield of chaos and I think I’m in love with the blitz disc + lightning upgrade. Fits perfectly into my game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Today's Calvin and Hobbes rings true even more so now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Unrelated but I completed my first clear w the shield of chaos and I think I’m in love with the blitz disc + lightning upgrade. Fits perfectly into my game.

Alright I’ve held off giving you my ultimate cheese strategy but now that you’ve got one clear….

Max out gifts to Athena as soon as possible. Eventually you’ll get the item you have equipped at the beginning that guarantees she’s your first boon. It also makes it so that you’ll get more from her as the game goes on. Don’t worry about the item you can change after the first boss.

You want divine dash which is the most overpowered skill in the game. Basically when you dash, you reflect. Congrats projectiles no longer hurt you. You can even further upgrade this with blinding flash which gives backstab damage. Upgrade your dash accordingly.

As far as weapon, you can get a boon for the bow that turns your charged attack into rapid fire. This is completely over the top and if you join that with electric dmg from Zeus the game becomes trivial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Alright I’ve held off giving you my ultimate cheese strategy but now that you’ve got one clear….

Max out gifts to Athena as soon as possible. Eventually you’ll get the item you have equipped at the beginning that guarantees she’s your first boon. It also makes it so that you’ll get more from her as the game goes on. Don’t worry about the item you can change after the first boss.

You want divine dash which is the most overpowered skill in the game. Basically when you dash, you reflect. Congrats projectiles no longer hurt you. You can even further upgrade this with blinding flash which gives backstab damage. Upgrade your dash accordingly.

As far as weapon, you can get a boon for the bow that turns your charged attack into rapid fire. This is completely over the top and if you join that with electric dmg from Zeus the game becomes trivial.

Yeah I’ve had the divine dash a handful of times and it’s always amazing but I don’t get Athena boons nearly often enough. I’ve leaned heavily on Poseidon and Zeus with some decent enough success it’s just up to chance sometimes what I’ll get with each weapon.

I’ve also had a lot of success with the flood shot because I can just blast people into corners and send the blitz disk with lightning into them. I almost found myself laughing maniacally.

Anyway, what a loving game. Can’t believe I waited so long to play it.