Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

I find it's easier to move big objects in smaller pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Holy poo poo lol I’ve never bothered seeing what he looked like, he’s a turtle man

He's gained a bit of weight over the pandemic and it definitely doesn't work for him.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Just arrest the truck drivers. I don't think residents would mind if it took a few weeks to remove all the vehicles, as long as the torture and assault stop.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Just chuds all the way down, huh.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I had lunch with Kevin Falcon once. It was part of a private tour arranged by my professor. Wally Opal was there too.

I’m a staunch NDP voter now.

DiscretionOverValor
Nov 25, 2007

Grouchio posted:

CanPol 2022: Not a spine to be seen anywhere in Canada, eh?

The spine is in the person who put their name on the class action lawsuit

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"No wrecker worth their salt would move that truck"

My guy, four corporals in an HL will move whatever the gently caress you order them to move for the cost of a per diem and a box lunch, and they'll enjoy it because it means driving the big truck means not spending the day vacuuming the little ones.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

flakeloaf posted:

My guy, four corporals in an HL will move whatever the gently caress you order them to move for the cost of a per diem and a box lunch, and they'll enjoy it because it means driving the big truck means not spending the day vacuuming the little ones.

True and lord I’d love to see it

But I don’t think there’s a chance the army is going in.

The about face from the support are trups crowd would be amazing

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

If their PR people aren't willing to justify aiding the civil power (which is their job) because it'll hurt their branding (which isn't), then Watson's in a prime position to just buy his own wrecker, two more great fuckoff tow trucks and two dozen little ones, put public works logos on the sides of them and pass a bylaw forbidding any other city-funded vendor from using a private tow service in all but the most exigent of circumstances.

It'd be a perfect "gently caress me? No, gently caress you" move, which is precisly why he'll never do that

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/annettegoerner/status/1490682556420919296?s=20&t=K6GsvlJ1Lz9ZBPsp98t14w

Hmm yes,

Common ground with the people whose demands are to overthrow the government with a weird adhoc committee and whose objectives can't reasonably be done within the scope of power of the federal government.

Good job Jim.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Why the gently caress would anyone negotiate with these assholes? gently caress em all. Rot.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

Wait, doesn't the CF have a version of the Leopard 1 armored recovery vehicle? The Buffalo or something? If it can tow an MBT, it can tow a laden semi.

Lol, find a tank museum. Tow them shits out of there with Shermans and T-34s.

Condolences from Florida, btw. I'm sure our own dumbfuck nazis have something similar in the works.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Looking forward to the next civil rights protest to be given a week long to disrupt and own the city core, complete with logistics camp and negotiations to leave.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone negotiate with these assholes? gently caress em all. Rot.
I don't even know how someone would negotiate considering someone with a high school civics education could tell them why their demands are not achievable.

MA-Horus posted:

True and lord I’d love to see it

But I don’t think there’s a chance the army is going in.

The about face from the support are trups crowd would be amazing
I think they'd respect CF personnel as much as Jan. 6th insurrectionists respected Capitol Hill cops.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Sashimi posted:

I don't even know how someone would negotiate considering someone with a high school civics education could tell them why their demands are not achievable.

I let my mind wander in that direction last night, and got hung up on exactly that point. "Tell me what he has that you want" is an early question, and you kinda hafta get that one right for any sort of mediation to continue

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

I let my mind wander in that direction last night, and got hung up on exactly that point. "Tell me what he has that you want" is an early question, and you kinda hafta get that one right for any sort of mediation to continue

"I want to cut off your leg."
"What?! No."
"How about up to the knee?"
"No, you dumb gently caress."
"Just the foot?"
"Piss off."
"Maybe a few toes?"
"I said, piss off."

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I thought I saw earlier that one of the demands they made was for the immediate resignation of the senate, in the vein of 'worst person you know makes acceptable point', but after a solid 5 minutes of half-assed searching, I can't actually find a list of demands on any of their lovely geocities-quality websites so gently caress that.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Vintersorg posted:

It's just a deflection tactic because I'm sure his email and voicemail inboxes are filling up with messages angry residents and business owners. He's proposed a course of action for the federal government to take so when they don't do that he can blame them for not taking care of the protestors instead of his obviously incompetent police department.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

eXXon posted:

I thought I saw earlier that one of the demands they made was for the immediate resignation of the senate, in the vein of 'worst person you know makes acceptable point', but after a solid 5 minutes of half-assed searching, I can't actually find a list of demands on any of their lovely geocities-quality websites so gently caress that.

No it was the immediate resignation of all MPs and then the truckers would work with the senate and the governor general.

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/1486089777799651330?s=20&t=DvoXcJklhrnDlXN-mj8Qlg

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Look, we just wanted to disenfranchise 30 million Canadians because the Americans made a law we don't like.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Police chief speaking now, a Katamari of federal ministers at 1245, and a special city council meeting at 1.

https://twitter.com/ottawacity/status/1490725310979051521?s=21

A police chief interview with local jerkstore talk radio outlet CFRA:

https://omny.fm/shows/580-cfra/ottawa-at-work-ottawa-police-chief-peter-sloly-i-2 (spiciness in back half)

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Is he committing seppuku because I’m not interested in his BS otherwise

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh is urging for an emergency debate in the House to address the Convoy crisis as well as issues our healthcare system is facing in the wake of the Pandemic.

Singh and The NDP are also advocating a push to crack down on the sale and display of registered hate symbols

I've respected Singh for a good, long while and the fact that he's the party leader most actively pushing back against the Convoy CHUDs really just makes me respect him even more.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

One weird trick to defeating tow operators. Apply the brakes.

Why has no one ever thought of this before?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm kind of surprised that hate symbols aren't already illegal. There was apparently a case in Saskatchewan (Saskatchewan (Human Rights Commission) v Bell (c.o.b. Chop Shop Motorcycle Parts) (1994)) where a permanent injuction was granted against a racist-rear end bike shop selling stickers with images of various people of colour with superimposed "no" circles with a red slash (:wtf:). Surely swastikas qualify too, unless you're a licensed WW2 historian, or can people argue that they're selling them solely for the purposes of historical re-enactments? Was there never any law against Nazi propaganda during/after WW2?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Cops allowing refueling literally as the police chief says it has stopped:

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1490739576188682244

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Got in an argument with an idiot that supports this. My opening argument was that like 90% of the country supports the mandates and even close to 90% of truckers are vaccinated. The response was "that's bullshit, at least a 3rd of the country supports this" . Citation needed but, "we have almost half as many on our side so we win" is a real cool take.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1490737089444524032

jfc filled with water, OKAY

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Cocaine Bear posted:

Got in an argument with an idiot that supports this. My opening argument was that like 90% of the country supports the mandates and even close to 90% of truckers are vaccinated. The response was "that's bullshit, at least a 3rd of the country supports this" . Citation needed but, "we have almost half as many on our side so we win" is a real cool take.

They're probably referring to a poll released by Abacus Data where a third of respondents said they "Had a lot in common" with the Convoy members' position. Notice there is no mention of support for the Convoy and its actions and even Abacus Data itself notes this in their release.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The chuds were planning on "trolling" the police by walking around everywhere with gas cans, you can see most of them are empty, but it's clear that full cans are slipping in with them.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Piquai Souban posted:

Cops allowing refueling literally as the police chief says it has stopped:

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1490739576188682244

Send in the CAF already, the police are either ignoring orders or in open mutiny against their chief.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh poo poo, they actually sent in snipers for the camp raid in Ottawa last night. lol

Also lol:

quote:

Police have conceded, in retrospect, allowing trucks to park at the city-owned RCGT Park east of downtown was a key error in what they call an unprecedented protest.

Hurrr durrr

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-coventry-stadium-fuel-camp-police-1.6342023

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Piquai Souban posted:

Police chief speaking now, a Katamari of federal ministers at 1245, and a special city council meeting at 1.

https://twitter.com/ottawacity/status/1490725310979051521?s=21
It's past 1pm now, how's the meeting going?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Grouchio posted:

It's past 1pm now, how's the meeting going?

Delayed due to the federal presser.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Watson is fellating the police and lying his rear end off.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 7, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

"if it's water, why don't you take a sip"

that simple.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Oxyclean posted:

"if it's water, why don't you take a sip"

that simple.
It's 2022, diesel or gasoline would not be the worst thing some of these far right morons have put into their own bodies.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Most cans will have a mark on the container marking it's safe capcity. 20 liters of diesel is 17kg, 20 liters of water is 20kg, the weight of the container is negligible.

It takes 2 seconds with a scale to tell the difference even if the cops can't tell the difference by smell.

e: those brave loving cops willing to go out and make 12 hours of overtime every day for sitting in a car watching people commit crimes and do nothing about it

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Surely this means I can walk past a cop with an open bottle of booze, right? Obviously it's just water.