Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Legend says Buff Bagwell is still bitter over getting like 1 fight on WWE and then being let go.

Also I am all in for Gavok's Wrestlehouse Storytime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Ah. Pregnancy Angles and storylines.

Mark Henry, and his fated relationship with the ancient Mae Young.

Mae Young was 77, and Mark was known as "Sexual Chocolate" at the time, and the Strongest Man Alive.

They got paired up, for a love romance, and were often seen dating around in the WWE, which was.. unpleasant.

Then came the announcement that Mae Young had gotten pregnant (Again. She was 77.) by Mark.

They then ran afoul the Dudley Boyz, who gave Mae power bombs through tables on different nights. Which lead to her having problems with the pregnancy, and eventually she DID gave birth..

to a rubber hand.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I know the Mark Henry/Mae Young storyline was dumb, but I definitely laughed my rear end off through all of it. Especially the hand. Mae must've been cheating with Mr. Socko.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I mean, we all see what we want to see but there's a much stronger resemblance between these two than Fred and Donald

The funniest part is DJT looks more like Vince Mcmahon Sr than Jr does.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

PicklePants posted:

to a rubber hand.

And then, on WWE Raw's 1000th episode anniversary, this happened.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Oh god, I wasn't watching by that time. I didn't realize there was a follow up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The wrestling may be fake, but the drama is real.

Also lol that Kane steals Doctor Doom's bit.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

:vince:

what a time to be alive

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jamesman posted:

Kane - real name Glenn Jacobs - is now currently the Libertarian-Republican mayor of Knox County, Tennessee.

He's also ironically an anti-mask shithead, gently caress him.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He's also ironically an anti-mask shithead, gently caress him.

Guess wearing that Kane mask all those years traumatized him

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cornwind Evil posted:

Yeah. It's considered 'tradition' that if a wrestler is leaving or retiring, they 'go out on their back', ie lose to make someone else look good. But WWE is run by perverts and misogynists like every other business, so not only did Lita lose her final match as 'per tradition', afterwards she got humiliated one final time. I can even see the logic of it; Lita's 'betrayal' of Matt was 'never forgiven' (but wait) by the fans and she was 'forever' the Treacherous Slut, and every crowd would let her know it, in a weird mix of mark "She is bad and we will call her bad names!" and internet types "She loving betrayed Matt and I am going to make sure the whore knows it, no never mind it takes two to cheat and Edge never got this nasty real life aspect for his part as part of his 'heel heat' but she's the woman so she's A WHHHOOORRREEEEE". She's retiring, might as well get in a final boot stomp from the fans so she can know how bad it was that she did Those Bad Things.

But if it makes you feel any better, afterwards her friends took her out to a quiet goodbye party, and when she returned for a guest appearance a few years later, the absence had made the fans forget their stupid (and inconsistent, and misogynist, and taken too far) grudge and she was cheered as any returning 'legend' would be, which has remained the case ever since.

A notable exception to this, for some weird reason, is Trish Stratus. Her last match was against Lita and for some reason she won. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that happened, but I've always been curious to why she got an exception.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Elephant Ambush posted:

A notable exception to this, for some weird reason, is Trish Stratus. Her last match was against Lita and for some reason she won. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that happened, but I've always been curious to why she got an exception.

probably the sheer amount of Vince lusting over her rear end that she was forced to endure on live television

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Mark Henry/Mae Young stuff happened for the sake of making GBS threads on Mark Henry and embarrassing him.

Mark Henry was representing the US in the 1996 Olympics as a weight lifter. In the lead-up, he signed with WWF and because he seemed like such a huge get at the time, the contract had him getting $10 million dollars over the course of ten years. Considering this is nearing the time WWF almost went bankrupt, that was major.

They had buyer's remorse almost immediately. Henry got injured at the Olympics and didn't win any medals. Not only did he have to learn wrestling from the ground up, but being a power lifter doesn't exactly translate into wrestling that well. Sure, he was strong, but he was also an immobile cube of a man. An injury-prone one too. And they had to pay him $10 million dollars and keep him around for a decade.

All they could do at that point was make constant attempts to humiliate him at every turn. Put him in a relationship with Mae Young. Have him publicly admit to loving his own sister. Anything to get him to quit so they don't have to pay up. Mark saw it through and, funny enough, got re-signed after his ten years were up as he was finally hitting his stride by then.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I always thought he was lame but changing my tune, Mark Henry owns

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Was that after they got Kurt Angle, who turned out to be a loving machine in the ring with his weird thumb-man charisma? Because lightning did not strike twice.

I did like Henry as part of a tag-team. Having big unflappable dudes in the roster keeps things interesting.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

FilthyImp posted:

Was that after they got Kurt Angle, who turned out to be a loving machine in the ring with his weird thumb-man charisma? Because lightning did not strike twice.

Kurt Angle?

OR

KURRANGL

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I always thought he was lame but changing my tune, Mark Henry owns

He recently went on a podcast and said that hazing and bullying were good things and that "kids these days have it too easy" and that it's OK to stiff someone in the ring once or twice if you have backstage heat and stupid boomer poo poo like "these days young wrestlers want to be entertainers, not wrestlers" implying they're soft and weak.

The thing that sort of offsets some of that is that in AEW nobody does that stuff and his rear end would be kicked to the curb instantly if he ever tried any of that. There are also many stories of him being a relatively positive influence on younger talent backstage and helping them out and giving them advice.

In summary, Mark Henry is a land of contrasts.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was never a giant Angle fan, but I have to give him his absolute props for really embracing his 'dorky heel' persona for a lot of his run. He transitioned pretty drat well into that character given how...uh...other former 'real' athletes tend to do (no I'm not knocking wrestlers as athletes, it's just that ... whatever you understand he wasn't a pro baller, but was still a traditional athlete first, whatever).

I never liked when they had him go on his fits of rage and stuff. Like he was usually this doofus nerd that tried to play himself as a tough dude in character and excelled at it, and then all of a sudden he'd 'roid out and just whip rear end on someone backstage and storm around for a while, and it's like ...why dude. Obviously that's the script and all it just never really seemed to fit him

e: also the milk truck thing would have been funny like, twice. But no it's WWE so run that poo poo into the ground for about a century or two.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 7, 2022

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*through the looking glass into wrestlers of 2025*

Zombie McMahon
Gig Job (hes an uber driver when hes not wrestling)
MR NFT (nice f'in torso)
The Glitch from Wreck-it Ralph
Transformer (form of: ringside stairs)
Septuple H
January 6 6 6 (it's a paroled capitol insurrectionist, with an axe to grind!!!!)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
when Vince finally goes into the Great Darkness they are either gonna a) Weekend at Bernie's him or b) do some absolutely bizarre and horrific skit that involves either him being a zombie, a "look-alike" that acts like the now dead Vince but sounds like one of their regular stable, or something like blowing up his casket at his funeral and Stone Cold comes out of nowhere and busts a beer over his corpse

you can bet on it

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 7, 2022

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seth Pecksniff posted:

when Vince finally goes into the Great Darkness they are either gonna a) Weekend at Bernie's him or b) do some absolutely bizarre and horrific skit that involves either him being a zombie, a "look-alike" that acts like the now dead Vince but sounds like one of their regular stable, or something like blowing up his casket at his funeral and Stone Cold comes out of nowhere and busts a beer over his face

you can bet on it

Honestly I'm pretty sure Vince would totally be down for those options.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

when Vince finally goes into the Great Darkness they are either gonna a) Weekend at Bernie's him or b) do some absolutely bizarre and horrific skit that involves either him being a zombie, a "look-alike" that acts like the now dead Vince but sounds like one of their regular stable, or something like blowing up his casket at his funeral and Stone Cold comes out of nowhere and busts a beer over his corpse

you can bet on it

it's gonna be better than any other sporting event in my life

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
My Kane story is that whenever there was a wwe event in Philly the wrestlers would show up at my gym to workout. A local mom stopped by to ask the owner if she could get a few autographs cause her son loves wrestling but has Down Syndrome and didn't do well with crowds. The owner texted Kane and Kane ended up setting it up so the kid could come hang out with a bunch of the wrestlers (including Kane) and get photos and help with their workouts.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

B-Rock452 posted:

My Kane story is that whenever there was a wwe event in Philly the wrestlers would show up at my gym to workout. A local mom stopped by to ask the owner if she could get a few autographs cause her son loves wrestling but has Down Syndrome and didn't do well with crowds. The owner texted Kane and Kane ended up setting it up so the kid could come hang out with a bunch of the wrestlers (including Kane) and get photos and help with their workouts.

Davey Boy Smith wouldve told him "Hit the bricks, downey" and kicked sand in his face.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

X JAKK posted:

Davey Boy Smith wouldve told him "Hit the bricks, downey" and kicked sand in his face.

Ironically not the shittiest member of The British Bulldogs.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

B-Rock452 posted:

:3: too bad he's a libertarian shithead but that is a sweet story

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

X JAKK posted:

So apparently for insurance reasons the wwe doesn't let the wrestlers pretend do do any moves on fans so when Kane wanted to do some move on the kid this other wrestler (not sure who but they were loving huge) threatened to break any phones he saw while Kane was showing the kid the move. I am absolutely sure he would have done it to, the guy was scary

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:3: too bad he's a libertarian shithead but that is a sweet story

Land of contrasts. Still I'll take lovely political viewpoints over the normal horrific poo poo wrestlers do.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Stop making me like Kane tia

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Stop making me like Kane tia

He's also super nice from another person who did some work periphery to him. Hell even Jim Cornette won't bad mouth him, he loves him dating back from Smokey Mountain Wrestling.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jamesman posted:

I sadly only really got to see them once or twice. When I started watching, Brian was soon out of action for a neck injury I think. Then Scotty had a knee injury just in time for Brian to come back., and his return was short-lived because I think he had issues with drugs and was pulled from TV. By the time Scotty came back, everything moved on without him so he was only on Heat from time to time.

I stand by The Worm being a significantly better finishing move than The People's Elbow. They're essentially the same move (an elbow drop on a guy laying down), but The Worm has waaaayyyyy better buildup and The Rock's hype was undeserved.

The Worm got such good pops too. EVERYONE loved it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
If you do The Worm taunt in No Mercy 64 and let the whole thing play at the very end if you do the chop Scotty does the wrestler who was hit will thrash around like they would on tv

only way to do that move in that game!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Seth Pecksniff posted:

you can bet on it

His last live on screen appearance will be stepping into a time machine so 20 years from now Shane's son can wrestle as Vince against his dad.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
At Vince's funeral, a young beefy redhead with godly locks will proclaim that he is the Long Lost CloneSon of Vince and a struggle for primacy will ensue.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Archer666 posted:

His last live on screen appearance will be stepping into a time machine so 20 years from now Shane's son can wrestle as Vince against his dad.

Vince McMahon in " '—All You Zombies—' "

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
hell yeah this is now a seriouspost wrestling thread

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Vince McMahon has to be an actual psychopath right?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Vince McMahon has to be an actual psychopath right?

All billionaires are psychopaths, not all psychopaths are billionaires.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Big Beef City posted:

e: also the milk truck thing would have been funny like, twice. But no it's WWE so run that poo poo into the ground for about a century or two.

No, you're mistaken. Kurt Angle never drove a milk truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcv9kp0jwWY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

kntfkr posted:

All billionaires are psychopaths, not all psychopaths are billionaires.

Yeah but Vince McMahon seems like extra psychopath right