Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah. Max out your gifts to Athena and you’ll get the item that lets you start with her boon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

As an early 20s self-described classical liberal (:suicide:) my eyes were really opened when this black guy I worked with told me about how he was pulled over, on average, 10 times per month and how hard it was to even go places. He was a huge dork and a nice normal person and played college football and drove a nice car and there was no reason to even think he could be pulled over for anything other than his race. A legit :psyboom: moment for me.

Then I got into EMS and saw the devastating effects of institutional racism, generational poverty and wealth inequality several times a shift and away we went on the radicalization train.

It’s crazy too how many first responders look at the same conditions and draw the racist conclusion though.

If you don't think about it much, it's very easy to come to the racist conclusion. Why do black people get pulled over so much? Must be because they're constantly breaking the law! Why are black people so poor? Must be because they're lazy! All of this takes zero self-reflection, and so it's the conclusion racists always come to.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

hi everyone I went camping in february, which you can do in california, it was chilly at night but stayed above freezing and we had a lovely time

I hope everyone is doing OK and if not, I hope you'll be OK soon.
I have a yearly physical visit scheduled for today but it's loving freezing rain ice poo poo out there and I don't want to go, and I'm calling the office but I'm stuck on hold.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah. Max out your gifts to Athena and you’ll get the item that lets you start with her boon.

:hf: will do

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CannonFodder posted:

I have a yearly physical visit scheduled for today but it's loving freezing rain ice poo poo out there and I don't want to go, and I'm calling the office but I'm stuck on hold.

What are pcp doctor offices like? I should probably go get checked up but I don’t wanna get the plague.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What are pcp doctor offices like? I should probably go get checked up but I don’t wanna get the plague.
Last time I went I drove there and parked in the parking lot, checked in through their app on my phone, and then sat in my car until they called me. There was no one in the waiting room. Then all I saw was people who worked there. Everyone was wearing masks.

I was all ready to go today but the trees have icicles hanging from the branches which is a big NO GO unless it's an emergency.

Interstate 40 is fully shut down 10 miles from where I live. I'm not driving until the ice goes away.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

You don't have to max out gifts, the gods give you their trinkets after the first gift

You will however want to leave the trinkets equipped as often as possible to level them up to three stars which increases the rarity of the boons offered

e: You will also want to eventually max out the gifts so you can complete a certain quest

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 7, 2022

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Bird in a Blender posted:

If you don't think about it much, it's very easy to come to the racist conclusion. Why do black people get pulled over so much? Must be because they're constantly breaking the law! Why are black people so poor? Must be because they're lazy! All of this takes zero self-reflection, and so it's the conclusion racists always come to.

https://twitter.com/johngramlich/status/1490690033787056137

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

This feels like it's a tale as old as time?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

There's a saying that I'll probably mangle. When you're privileged, equality looks like oppression.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/rajandelman/status/1490734970679214090

Important content

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Important content

Which way Western Wolf?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
drat good dog.

Bird in a Blender posted:

There's a saying that I'll probably mangle. When you're privileged, equality looks like oppression.

Doesn't help that the lived experience of your average white American has gotten shittier these past few decades. Hard for them to process that they're still in a substantially better position than the average American with darker skin.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The Puppy Bowl posted:

drat good dog.

Doesn't help that the lived experience of your average white American has gotten shittier these past few decades. Hard for them to process that they're still in a substantially better position than the average American with darker skin.

That's how I've had to frame it to co-workers who don't get it or can't wrap their heads around it. Like sure, you grew up in rural and poor eastern Kentucky, but just imagine how much shittier it could've been if you wouldn't have been able to buy a house or get the job you wanted (on top of countless other things) just because of the color of your skin.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Does Ben Gay have any healing properties or is it just a lil something to make you feel better for a small time

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It just distracts your skin. It doesn't heal anything.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chowder has good taste in hockey teams

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/Utwitily/status/1490768974249967623?t=wLK9qsAzJL83lxN1cmSYxQ&s=19

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I love Chowder and would like to shred with hims

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

OH THE FRENCHMAN

<Jackass sting plays>

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
WATCH THIS AGAIN

*Yakety Sax starts playing*

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A little late to the race discussion, but my fiancée is mixed race of both black, German, and Pacific islander. Before we were dating, she did a road trip with a friend to Wyoming to see Yellowstone, and stopped in Idaho and Montana on the way. She got extremely weird looks the entire time, and basically had to have some bad situations diffused by her white friend. When she went to Florida for a cruise, people were just straight up racist to her, asking her what race she was, then going into a rant about what races needed to leave the country ("oh, the Chinese can stay, they make good food").

And yeah, if you're basically taught to be color blind your whole life, someone pointing this out just makes it looks like they're playing the race card.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

:stonklol:

I take back the shade I threw at slalom earlier

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I grew up and spent almost my entire life in dominantly white suburbia, dominantly white elementary, middle, high school, and college, and has mostly worked in mostly white places (Milwaukee county is highly segregated still, can you tell?) and it blows my mind that there are so many people that can’t help but stare when they see a *gasp* b-b-brown person! It’s seriously mind boggling.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Not sure about official Olympic gates but the ones I used to run were literally bamboo rods, I do not envy that man

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

Does Ben Gay have any healing properties or is it just a lil something to make you feel better for a small time

They don't do anything. The smell of tiger balm is a big memory trigger for me though. Every time I smell the stuff I'm instantly transported to being back in an MMA gym. I have a trunk with all my old gloves and pads in it and it still smells faintly of it when I open it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1490799702597464068

man alive this is a simple yet hilarious thread

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Ben Gay, So What

T-Square posted:

I grew up and spent almost my entire life in dominantly white suburbia, dominantly white elementary, middle, high school, and college, and has mostly worked in mostly white places (Milwaukee county is highly segregated still, can you tell?) and it blows my mind that there are so many people that can’t help but stare when they see a *gasp* b-b-brown person! It’s seriously mind boggling.

Every once in a while I think about this one summer camp counselor I had in 2000 (give or take a year?), who was from Montana and claimed he have never met a black person until he started working at this camp. I remember thinking at the time that was a little crazy and it's only gotten crazier as I've moved further and further forward in time from it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pron on VHS posted:

Lidocaine patches are your friend. If you can get a prescription for them, you can get them at 5% strength (OTC ones like Salonpas are 4%), and they can provide a solid five or six hours of pain relief. They're a godsend for my back.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/cDzZdc4.mp4

This is where I am for the next few days if anyone needs me xoxoxox

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

seiferguy posted:

A little late to the race discussion, but my fiancée is mixed race of both black, German, and Pacific islander. Before we were dating, she did a road trip with a friend to Wyoming to see Yellowstone, and stopped in Idaho and Montana on the way. She got extremely weird looks the entire time, and basically had to have some bad situations diffused by her white friend. When she went to Florida for a cruise, people were just straight up racist to her, asking her what race she was, then going into a rant about what races needed to leave the country ("oh, the Chinese can stay, they make good food").

And yeah, if you're basically taught to be color blind your whole life, someone pointing this out just makes it looks like they're playing the race card.

lmao its so brutally accurate that Florida is the spot where people don't give sideye or have weird interactions they just go whole hog on the racism

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Very jealous.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Not sure about official Olympic gates but the ones I used to run were literally bamboo rods, I do not envy that man

That's not from the olympics. I remember seeing that video months ago.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Timby posted:

Lidocaine patches are your friend. If you can get a prescription for them, you can get them at 5% strength (OTC ones like Salonpas are 4%), and they can provide a solid five or six hours of pain relief. They're a godsend for my back.

My father in law just got out of the hospital a few days ago for a planned surgery and he said he had no idea what they did to make his back feel a million times better until he got out of his hospital gown and found a lidocaine patch on his back.

poo poo works, apparently!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

After digging around and finding a C2025 battery in the junk drawer, I replaced the one in my key fob and finally cleared out all of the nagging maintenance alerts on my dashboard message center and it is v satisfying

Also my repressed copy of Milo Goes to College my friend managed to snag before they basically immediately sold out arrived today. A pretty alright day.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

gently caress yea, Descendants kick rear end.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1490799702597464068

man alive this is a simple yet hilarious thread

This one got me hard for some reason

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1490800017065398274?s=20&t=FeHfBaVhQmqkZISUIYhp0w

Also this

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1490800677110624264?s=20&t=M91iRgNO8uESxX7PO2Kknw

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

Needs more firewood. Gotta have a cozy fire in winter like that.

Yes I saw the pile of firewood. More.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My father in law just got out of the hospital a few days ago for a planned surgery and he said he had no idea what they did to make his back feel a million times better until he got out of his hospital gown and found a lidocaine patch on his back.

poo poo works, apparently!

I'm never without them. I've mentioned that I have a compression fracture in my spine, but it's the T12 disc, which is right where the rib cage ends, and so it is an absolute gigantic pain in the rear end to put one on. But when I do accomplish it, about 20 minutes later I start feeling a million times better,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Camping pics to share??

playing around with shutter speeds

water strider mating season

Birb

(I think it's a dark-eyed junco)

Borbs

(california quail)