Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
https://twitter.com/KatePorterCBC/status/1490765096116801537

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

eXXon posted:

a licensed WW2 historian

Is this a federal, provincial, or municipal license? Is there a regulatory body, mayhap? If you are late paying your annual dues, can you only speak in the present and future tense?

Do you have to submit essays to the OHCB (Ontario History Censor Board)???

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Oxyclean posted:

"if it's water, why don't you take a sip"

that simple.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

eXXon posted:

I thought I saw earlier that one of the demands they made was for the immediate resignation of the senate, in the vein of 'worst person you know makes acceptable point', but after a solid 5 minutes of half-assed searching, I can't actually find a list of demands on any of their lovely geocities-quality websites so gently caress that.

I've seen screenshots of some sort of "MoU" circulating, but can't find the actual full document. What I've seen suggests that they're basically SovCits.

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/1486089777799651330

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Disliked councillor Rick Chiarelli asks if the hate symbols were a false flag, lol.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I've seen screenshots of some sort of "MoU" circulating, but can't find the actual full document. What I've seen suggests that they're basically SovCits.

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/1486089777799651330

https://canada-unity.com/mou/

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

StratGoatCom posted:

Send in the CAF already, the police are either ignoring orders or in open mutiny against their chief.

Pretty much looks that way, yeah. At least a sizeable proportion.

I guess that is what happens when you try to reform a unit but only get a tiny way in before a pandemic fucks everything up. You've reformed poo poo all, don't have enough new blood to support you and all the old guard hate you and will actively try to undermine you at every turn.

watch all the new reinforcements be RCMP from alberta

pretend bad poster
Mar 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1490771310955442179?cxt=HHwWhsC97fumpLApAAAA

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1490774702700343298?cxt=HHwWhMC9qbLspbApAAAA

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Joan of Arc, you have my sword.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1490775015641518082?s=20&t=frA1XKSBidf1vSeOPR8nzQ
God damnit, you loving chuds are the worst people on earth.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 7, 2022

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Joan of Arc, you have my sword.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1490775015641518082?s=20&t=frA1XKSBidf1vSeOPR8nzQ
God damnit, you loving chuds are the worst people on earth.

I wonder if she lives in the apartment building they tried to burn down?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Oxyclean posted:

"if it's water, why don't you take a sip"

CAUSE IT'S GOVERNMENT CITY WATER AND IDK WHAT'S IN IT

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
I really didn’t think I would ever hate a Mayor more than O’Brien who stretched out the Bus strike during my loving Uni exams but I hate Watson way more after these last 10 days

Kudos Jim, you miserable pile of poo poo

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Alctel posted:

I guess that is what happens when you try to reform a unit but only get a tiny way in before a pandemic fucks everything up. You've reformed poo poo all, don't have enough new blood to support you and all the old guard hate you and will actively try to undermine you at every turn.

Seems like a golden opportunity for a reformer with some improv skills. When else are you likely to have this many (rich, white) citizens and politicians of Ottawa angry at the cops?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Alctel posted:

watch all the new reinforcements be RCMP from alberta

Reform always requires a purge but liberals feel that would be too soviet

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
What constitutes 'fully vaccinated' in QC right now? Three doses? Or are you guys still just accepting two like we are in ON?

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

What constitutes 'fully vaccinated' in QC right now? Three doses? Or are you guys still just accepting two like we are in ON?

Two doses still.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

ZeeBoi posted:

Oh poo poo, they actually sent in snipers for the camp raid in Ottawa last night. lol

Are you sure? Asking because a bunch of the streamers were pointing cameras to rooftops and saying "OMG LOOK SNIPERS!" and it was clearly not snipers but rather camera-people who didn't want to mix themselves in with the loving morons on the ground.

Like, if they were snipers then there are also snipers set up along the boards at NHL games too because it's the exact same gear and look.

This was a few days ago though - not sure what the response is now.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Edit: ^^^ CBC reported police snipers on the stadium and the hotel on either side of the parking lot. ^^^
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-coventry-stadium-fuel-camp-police-1.6342023

Mister Speaker posted:

At this point I'd be surprised if anyone's making 3 doses "fully immunized" this soon, as the younger age groups didn't qualify for vaccines until like, May? My 12-18 year old didn't get approved for a booster until last week. My 5-11 year old hasn't even had the second dose yet.

Actually, I couldn't even get my booster until 2 weeks ago. Thanks BC.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 7, 2022

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

InfiniteZero posted:

Like, if they were snipers then there are also snipers set up along the boards at NHL games too because it's the exact same gear and look.

You never know.

Rust Martialis posted:

Is this a federal, provincial, or municipal license? Is there a regulatory body, mayhap? If you are late paying your annual dues, can you only speak in the present and future tense?

Do you have to submit essays to the OHCB (Ontario History Censor Board)???

The details are TBD, but you don't want unlicensed amateur historians doing this sort of thing as that's the slippery slope to committing sociology.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 7, 2022

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

At my job we've had to pad our lead times by 20 days for any containers being picked up from the ports due to logistics issues.
I can't get a tank truck to save my life to pick poo poo up at US chemical terminals in Illinois or NJ either. If I place a PO now, I can only get a truckload the Friday of the following week.

If these guys were protesting for better wages, benefits or treatment I'd be right behind them. Instead they're wasting all of our time not working and doing their loving jobs so they can blast hot air about nothing.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Thanks (I hate it). Yeah strong sovcit energy. Like, yeah, the Senate and the Governor General of Canada totally have the power to override the House of Commons and the provincial legislatures to cancel all health mandates. :hmmyes:

Kraftwerk posted:

At my job we've had to pad our lead times by 20 days for any containers being picked up from the ports due to logistics issues.
I can't get a tank truck to save my life to pick poo poo up at US chemical terminals in Illinois or NJ either. If I place a PO now, I can only get a truckload the Friday of the following week.

If these guys were protesting for better wages, benefits or treatment I'd be right behind them. Instead they're wasting all of our time not working and doing their loving jobs so they can blast hot air about nothing.

Just a reminder that these assholes are a tiny fringe minority of actual truckers, who have been explicitly disavowed by trucker advocacy organisations. The vast majority of truckers are still working, although some destinations and border crossings are blockaded.

https://cantruck.ca/statement-by-canadian-trucking-alliance-president-on-ottawa-protests/

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://twitter.com/AmitAryaMD/status/1490676792612601860?s=20&t=-owdYkJ2u4ec7WENBalqzg

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Oh look. Two things Rosie Dimano is against

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

This is loving awesome

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Congratulations to China for their fair and honest win over Canada

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Lmao

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Don’t hate because they can curl and skate at the same time

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
It's all in the game yo

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Yeah a trick shot like that at high speed should be worth bonus points imo

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

We’re lucky it wasn’t a red one as it would have gone right after the leader

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Noblesse Obliged posted:

We’re lucky it wasn’t a red one as it would have gone right after the leader

That's the blue one and they don't want to show off that technology just yet

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/1490811201089159170

Another cool, normal list of demands from the occupiers. Calling for the GG to uh remove the PM and Environment Minister (weird that he's the second one they name), Chief Health "Minister" Teresa Tam (not her job title), Horgan, Singh, Blanchet (??) and for a vote of non-confidence to be brought (?) against them.

Also just a ton of weird pseudo science and magic thinking, odd grammar and spelling, and an invocation of the Nuremberg Code and Helsinki Accords. Candice Bergen and Jim Watson are right - when will the PM extend an olive branch to these people???

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

MNIMWA posted:

Another cool, normal list of demands from the occupiers. Calling for the GG to uh remove the PM and Environment Minister (weird that he's the second one they name), Chief Health "Minister" Teresa Tam (not her job title), Horgan, Singh, Blanchet (??) and for a vote of non-confidence to be brought (?) against them.

Also just a ton of weird pseudo science and magic thinking, odd grammar and spelling, and an invocation of the Nuremberg Code and Helsinki Accords. Candice Bergen and Jim Watson are right - when will the PM extend an olive branch to these people???

Due to not wanting my brain to commit suicide after exposure to pure unstrained stupidity I am not going to read that but am I right in the assumption that the names Kenney, Ford and Moe or absent from that list of people they want to see resign?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madkal posted:

Due to not wanting my brain to commit suicide after exposure to pure unstrained stupidity I am not going to read that but am I right in the assumption that the names Kenney, Ford and Moe or absent from that list of people they want to see resign?

Yeah, they want the head of the only province in Canada with an NDP government to resign for some reason :thunk:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

TheKingofSprings posted:

quote:

Kexin didn’t end up gaining an advantage, as she tripped over the fallen Canadian.

Kim Boutin went on to win the race, with her Canadian teammate Florence Brunelle finishing second. Brunelle was disqualified by the judges though. That meant that Italian Arianna Valcepina, who was in last place prior to the crash, took second spot and qualified for the semis.

lol rules to be that 5th place skater that wasn't even in the frame

**to be clear, the reason the 2nd place skater was disqualified was because the judges mistakenly determined she was the one responsible for taking out the other two skaters. lovely luck for her, but the Canadian who was taken out (who had been in 2nd place) was allowed to advance to the next round after further review.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 8, 2022

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

drat. That Italian lucked out so much from the hard work of China she be called Marco Polo now

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

TheKingofSprings posted:

If it's legal in Mario Kart, it's legal in Beijing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Representing the true spirit of the games. Cheat even though it won't help you in the end.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I dunno I feel like that was just reflexive to something hitting your hand at high speed; I don't think it was intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

MNIMWA posted:

Good luck on that common ground mr mayor.