Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Kurt Angle is incredible. He took that heel energy and just loving ate it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Yeah but Vince McMahon seems like extra psychopath right

oh for sure

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Marshal Prolapse posted:

He's also super nice from another person who did some work periphery to him. Hell even Jim Cornette won't bad mouth him, he loves him dating back from Smokey Mountain Wrestling.

Kane is a worker who did drat near everything he was asked and never seemed to rock any boats. He's probably the ideal employee for WWE.

I feel like "Undertaker's Brother" really rubbed off on him because I feel the same way about Undertaker and they probably did have a really strong relationship where Kane learned a lot of poo poo from him.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
By all accounts, Taker was the guy that would stick up for employees being mistreated and would occasionally tell Vince he was loving poo poo up.

Dude might be a Guns and Ammo conservative in real life but as a workmate he seemed to be legit.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jamesman posted:

Kane is a worker who did drat near everything he was asked and never seemed to rock any boats. He's probably the ideal employee for WWE.

I feel like "Undertaker's Brother" really rubbed off on him because I feel the same way about Undertaker and they probably did have a really strong relationship where Kane learned a lot of poo poo from him.

I guess it really depends on who you are. There's a ton of guys like the Brooklyn Brawler, or Luke Gallows that for one reason or another just never got a push even though they were solid workers, which is fine. Not everyone needs a title shot, some guys are just on the under card.

But then there's all the stories about guys that went on to be legit stars even when Vince tried to hamstring them at every opportunity.

Having done some writing in the Indy Space, I can only say this: There's some basic fundamentals of "a wrestling show" that, as long as you hit them, you'll be okay. And every fan has their own "guy" that they just can't believe never got a long stinky title run (Y2J should have spent YEARS in the world title scene :colbert:).

I love Kane, but I also think he lucked out a little by getting to be "Kane", and in a different time, is still lumbering around the indy circuits as Dr Yankem DDS.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I liked Sting vs HHH at Wrestlemania. Basically NWO vs. DX, just a dozen years after it should’ve happened.

The way he lost didn’t really make Sting lose his heat imo, since it was an HBK super kick. The utility of a lot of these 90s guys is nostalgia anyway, so that was a major nostalgia match.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Yeah but Vince McMahon seems like extra psychopath right

He is the 1% both financially and in terms of mental issues, without question.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

By all accounts, Taker was the guy that would stick up for employees being mistreated and would occasionally tell Vince he was loving poo poo up.

Dude might be a Guns and Ammo conservative in real life but as a workmate he seemed to be legit.

The Undertaker is a white supremacist

And he only protected people he liked

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Elephant Ambush posted:

I do recall hearing lot of "wrestler's court" stories that kind of made him sound like kind of a piece of poo poo.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Elephant Ambush posted:

Is that for real?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Is that for real?

I want to say that at one point a LONG time ago I seem to recall hearing that he had been when young and maybe had some racist ink, but that he later recanted all that and had that covered up? I could also be totally misremembering that or mistaking him for someone else.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Big Beef City posted:

I want to say that at one point a LONG time ago I seem to recall hearing that he had been when young and maybe had some racist ink, but that he later recanted all that and had that covered up? I could also be totally misremembering that or mistaking him for someone else.

i wouldn’t be surprised, I think I read he’s a trump guy right

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have a feeling a lot of wrestlers are Trump guys.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:agreed:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Not as many as you'd think, but way more than you'd hope.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Trump got conflated with America and basically changed the meaning of the flag. He's always had a history with WWF.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Is that for real?

Among other things, you can go find him on social media supporting every single pro-cop meme anyone posts.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Elephant Ambush posted:

Among other things, you can go find him on social media supporting every single pro-cop meme anyone posts.

at least we have mick Foley to balance it out

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

at least we have mick Foley to balance it out

And Kevin Nash.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Time_pants posted:

And Kevin Nash.

is Kevin nash a normal human as well or is he another disappointing homophobe / right winger / qanoner? I don’t follow him at all

I did read that Val venis is a qanoner these days lmao

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Val being messed in the head isn't, ah, surprising

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Big Beef City posted:

Any particular reason for that other than him having a very rapey character in the 90s? Did those Japanese dudes really cut his dick off? That would mess with me too man

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

is Kevin nash a normal human as well or is he another disappointing homophobe / right winger / qanoner? I don’t follow him at all

I did read that Val venis is a qanoner these days lmao

Kevin Nash is straight-up cool as hell. Anti-Trump, anti-conservative, pro-BLM, pro-vaccine. He's a good dude.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Time_pants posted:

Kevin Nash is straight-up cool as hell. Anti-Trump, anti-conservative, pro-BLM, pro-vaccine. He's a good dude.

:hellyeah:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Time_pants posted:

Plus he’s a gun owner, which further annoys CHUDs.

Kevin Nash, for whatever booking or clique crimes he may have committed, is a super cool dude.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A good dude who ruined dozens of careers all for a good laugh with his circle of drug bros.

I honestly do admire him.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

shadow puppet of a posted:

A good dude who ruined dozens of careers all for a good laugh with his circle of drug bros.

I mean wouldn’t we all do the same

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I don’t know enough about rasslin to add any insight on Vince as a person, but judging by his behavior, I think it’s safe to say that he hates wrestlers and wrestling fans.

I think a lot of business leaders hate their customers and employees, but because of the nature of his business, Vince is in a position to actively, directly, personally make wrestlers and wrestling fans unhappy.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah...

... yeah...

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Big Beef City posted:

Val Venis was just weird as a wrestler and person in general

I could never put my finger on it but like he straddled the line for me - he was never good enough to be main card, not bad enough to be undercard, and not mediocre enough to be mid-card. for the life of me I can't tell you what his gimmick was or even if he had one tbh. He was just sort of an "i'm here" dude

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Also anyone that misses old wcw should really watch aew. It’s got that same glorious thousands deep well of wrestlers roster like a owning a bucket full of m.u.s.c.l.e figures and the inmates are clearly running the asylum and the backstage executive guy just wants to be in with them like bischoff so it’s also got that class-where-no-teacher-showed up energy.

And it all makes Vince furious but he won’t admit it like a pair of torn quads and has been trying to walk off aew for years

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Also anyone that misses old wcw should really watch aew. It’s got that same glorious thousands deep well of wrestlers roster like a owning a bucket full of m.u.s.c.l.e figures and the inmates are clearly running the asylum and the backstage executive guy just wants to be in with them like bischoff so it’s also got that class-where-no-teacher-showed up energy.

And it all makes Vince furious but he won’t admit it like a pair of torn quads and has been trying to walk off aew for years

:agreed: it feels more like the “main company” than wwe to me now though, it’s actually fun

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

This sums it up really nicely. It's got some strong WCW-in-2022 energy pouring off it. I don't think it will ever unseat WWE the way WCW did (for 83 weeks at least lol), but as long as everyone involved understands and is fine with that, I think it'll be a good product for years to come.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Time_pants posted:

That's good to hear. I like him in his small movie roles like The Russian in Punisher and random security guy in John Wick.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That's good to hear. I like him in his small movie roles like The Russian in Punisher and random security guy in John Wick.

Big Kev makes movies:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11990460/

quote:

Rex (Kevin Nash) and his men aim to kill the homeless people living in a local deserted school hoping it'll slow an ultra deadly strand of covid. Now, outnumbered 100 to 1, "Hap" must save his little sister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=labR-_xUJEE

lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
drat. He has 92 acting credits but they count wrastlin' as acting so it's mostly that.

edit: Oh poo poo! He was Super Shredder in TMNT 2!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Kevin Nash loving owns because in the cluster gently caress that was WCW, he somehow ended up as head booker. So be booked himself to lose a retirement match so he didn't have to wrestle but still got paid as a top guy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There's wrestling on TV tonight at 7pm. Monday Night Raw. I haven't watched wrestling in decades and I'm going to watch it tonight. I'm sure I'll think it's incredibly stupid but eh, whatever.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

There's wrestling on TV tonight at 7pm. Monday Night Raw. I haven't watched wrestling in decades and I'm going to watch it tonight. I'm sure I'll think it's incredibly stupid but eh, whatever.

Don't watch WWE it's insanely bad. Wait til Wednesday and watch AEW. You won't feel robbed of your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Same here and I know it's gonna be awful but if you this I'll join you since I'm home alone and bored as hell