Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

verbal enema posted:

I want a crow's "You Know You Want Me Baby!" T shirt :c

I used to have one, then I was helping my dad with some work around the house, it got caught on something, and got a huge tear in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
We're all out of toner! :sweatdrop:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kiss off, Slappy!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tommy is the lathe of Heaven!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

TL posted:

The Time Bubble live show is hysterical, and the extended “rubbing Mahogany” and Carole of the Bells bits are up there with anything the show ever did.

The banister rubbing gag went on for the perfect amount of time. The crowd was losing their goddamn minds by the time it ended. The musical bits were brilliant too. I was already planning to buy some merch for myself but the STUFF song leading into the intermission convinced my wife to pick up her own t-shirt.

I also really loved the part near the end when GPC/Gypsy didn't have anything to do and just kind of wandered onstage because she wanted to hang out with the crew. :3:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Palermo from Final Justice is the most powerful villain in any mst3k movie because he managed to embarass the Italian government :colbert:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Joel has talked about wanting to do redo the tour movies for home release but that was before they crowdfunded the new season.

I hope they can, the cast really has so much fun with them. They'd obviously have to change a lot of the skits, but that's fine, the riffing is the strongest part of it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I could see those being some of the live events for the Gizmoplex. Like a MST3K Online Live type thing.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Palermo from Final Justice is the most powerful villain in any mst3k movie because he managed to embarass the Italian government :colbert:

That's hard to do! :v:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I emailed the support line on backerkit and they were able to bump me up to the $150 level even though the campaign is closed :krad:

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

They addressed the potential for releasing the live shows in a Kickstarter update last year talking about movie rights. The gist is this: the rights they need to secure in order to sell a recording are completely different than the ones they need in order to perform a live show. The cost of getting both sets of rights isn’t really in their budget. They hope to be able to do it some time, but it’s not really in the cards for now.

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
I'm sure that's completely true, but it's weird that Rifftrax is able to make the economics of securing the rights for their live show material work and MST3k struggles. I'm sure touring v Fathom Events is a big factor, but even so.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

drunkencarp posted:

I'm sure that's completely true, but it's weird that Rifftrax is able to make the economics of securing the rights for their live show material work and MST3k struggles. I'm sure touring v Fathom Events is a big factor, but even so.

It's probably also because MST3k has props and costumes and etc. that cost money to make, store, haul around, and repair; while RT is literally just "guys with podiums and mics"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

drunkencarp posted:

When Rifftrax does live shows they do it as a single performance that's broadcast nationally. That's a whole different beast to a touring live show, which is what lMST3K does. There have been probably more Time Bubble performances in the last three or four months than there are Rifftrax Live shows in the fifteen or so years they've been doing them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah and that's likely due to how Mike absolutely doesn't want to fly due to his condition.

It's understandable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even with hundreds of thousands of dollars in crowdfunding Rifftrax is still sometimes unable to get the download/streaming rights to their live show movies.

Also apparently if you don't buy Gizmoplex access by next Friday you won't be able to see the first three episodes until May.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Uncle Wemus posted:

This made me think, who IS the most powerful villain? I assume the demon that torments the bread truck driver guy in that one short, you know, on account of being a supernatural being.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sash! posted:

This made me think, who IS the most powerful villain? I assume the demon that torments the bread truck driver guy in that one short, you know, on account of being a supernatural being.

uh she is an angel??

also its Kankor idc what anyone says

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Sash! posted:

This made me think, who IS the most powerful villain?

He controls Roger Whittaker. :ohdear:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sash! posted:

Megaweapon!

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

It's Fu Manchu. He's so powerful he can destroy cruise ships and dams from entirely different movies!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Master ultimately wins in his conflict so I guess you could say him.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Slander. Megaweapon is a hero of unimpeachable character :colbert:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Also apparently if you don't buy Gizmoplex access by next Friday you won't be able to see the first three episodes until May.

So are Gizmoplex and the MST3K app I just downloaded the same thing?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

rydiafan posted:

So are Gizmoplex and the MST3K app I just downloaded the same thing?

The Gizmoplex is more or less a streaming service that hasn’t actually launched yet, and the apps are the way you’ll access that service on mobile and TV devices.

Joel had a lot of crazier, more ambitious ideas for the Gizmoplex, but it looks like the apps are a simpler version that will do the most important thing (actually let you watch the new season). Since they’ve been pretty quiet on the topic, and the Gizmoplex isn’t supposed to launch to non-backers until May, I have no idea if any of Joel’s crazier ideas are making it into the website for launch, or if they’ve scaled back their initial plans in favor of getting something that works out in time.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Has anyone in Europe (specifically Germany) been able to download it? Not at my TV now but I'm a bit concerned since the Shout Factory app, for example, just doesn't show in the store at all due to region issues. If they haven't configured the app to be available here I may be out of luck unless I fiddle with annoying sideloading/VPN shenanigans.

Edit: OH, ok, ignore me for now. Still concerned but I'll freak out when the app actually drops.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 8, 2022

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sash! posted:

Coily, obviously.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Powered Descent posted:

He controls Roger Whittaker. :ohdear:

It’s my head canon that Donald survived the helicopter crash and used his powers to conquer post-apocalyptic America with the help of Fred Williamson.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I Am Fowl posted:

Coily, obviously.

I own your rear end, Fatboy!

And seconding Fu Manchu above

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

When Rifftrax does live shows they do it as a single performance that's broadcast nationally. That's a whole different beast to a touring live show, which is what lMST3K does. There have been probably more Time Bubble performances in the last three or four months than there are Rifftrax Live shows in the fifteen or so years they've been doing them.

The live stuff is also designed with all that in mind, I think - the MST3K live tours have a lot of audience interaction that focuses on where they are to make every show a little different, and they have audience volunteers for portions, etc. The actual live part of Rifftrax feels focused on showing the audience to the folks watching it recorded, nationally.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I Am Fowl posted:

Coily, obviously.

So, guns, huh?

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Calgon; blow me away!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
The word "truncheon" springs to mind.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Yesterday Machine! Apparently just an old Nazi spending a good chunk of the runtime talking about how his time machine works.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The Yesterday Machine! Apparently just an old Nazi spending a good chunk of the runtime talking about how his time machine works.

I got busy doing something else and forgot but I didn't get the link to the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think I've ever heard this before but Trace and Frank brought up that some of their more... esoteric movies (like The Dead Talk Back) were because of licensing deals for movies they actually wanted.

Also Frank mentioned that last night's movie, The Yesterday Machine, was definitely one he would have put forward back in the day if he had heard of it before.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Got a customer with the last name 'Mackin' and (Phantom of) Krankor's delivery of 'Ah, Professor Mackin!' is ringing in my head so much that it's difficult not to talk to him with that.

Heeeh-heeeeh-heee-heeeh

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Ya scum!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Morter posted:

Got a customer with the last name 'Mackin' and (Phantom of) Krankor's delivery of 'Ah, Professor Mackin!' is ringing in my head so much that it's difficult not to talk to him with that.

Heeeh-heeeeh-heee-heeeh

What a powerful beam he must have!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

can't get enough of that sugar cream!