Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oooh, I love a hidden movement game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"@everyone does anyone want to join in?"

:v:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I just like the fact that the company said no reprint and commenters explained the loophole where you add a tiny thing to make it different. There was no deluxe reprint planned 3 days ago. The company pivoted fast to consumer demand which is awesome.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I am absolutely in on that Mind MGMT reprint

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Infinitum posted:

"@everyone does anyone want to join in?"

:v:

Is that pre or post shipping?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shipping is included.

$14 USD.

Every item past the 1st is free.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Mind Mgmt KS will launch Feb 8th!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK round up for the week. As always I'm only linking poo poo I find interesting.

Feb7 - Unfair Expansion: Comicbook, Hacker, Kaiju, and Ocean - My friend really likes Unfair, it's def a hit or miss game for me. Check out Funfair if it's being offered as an additional item tho!
Feb 8 - Mind MGMT Deluxe :siren: - As we've been discussing, Mind MGMT is relaunching off the back of SUSDs review hype. Hidden movement fans check this one out for sure. I'm backing for sure.
Feb 8 - Rolling Heights - City builder by John D Clair. Def worth a look in, and his latest offering Dead Reckoning will likely also be fulfilling within the next few weeks. Probably will be a bit of hype around this one.
Feb 8 - Wreckland - Yet Another Mad Max, however this is solo focused for everyone who isn't interested in Thunder Road
Feb 8 - Iron Forest - This poo poo has been languishing in the Coming Soon section for eons. It's a semi decent looking dexterity flicking game, but it'll all boil down to component quality and how it holds up to extended play.
Feb 8 - Floating Floors - Could be a cheeky little in-betweener type game. Lay down floors that are safe for your ninjas to cross, while tripping up your opponents

Warning
Feb 8 - Silicon Valley - Themed around running a startup. Designed by Scott Almes of Tiny Epic fame. However it is being published by Grail Gamers, who currently have 2 unfulfilled Kickstarters - Fjords, and The Gardens (I've backed both). This strikes me as a cash flow KS to keep things rolling, and the breaching of contract of Reiner Knizia's game is also a likely factor as well. Does not give me Good Vibes.
Doubly frustrating as they're an Aussie publisher and I'd love for them to do well.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Wreckland Run is from the Warp's Edge people and IIRC they were going to be doing a Warp's Edge expansion in the same project for some reason?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I would be more interested in Mind Management if I didn’t already have Beast pending. Seems unique.

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

Deep Rock Galactic is dropping their boardgame adaption Feb 10th

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120302834/deep-rock-galactic-the-board-game?ref=profile_saved_projects_live

As a fan of the game, I'll be checking it out for sure

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

djfooboo posted:

I would be more interested in Mind Management if I didn’t already have Beast pending. Seems unique.

Yeah, I have beast pending and already own Fury of Dracula. I probably don't need 3 hidden movement games.

Although it sounds like it would get to the table way more often then FoD, so maybe the answer is getting rid of that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No no no no

The answer is MORE hidden movement games

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
The obvious next step is to hide one of them in your house, invite your friends over, and if they can find it they can play it.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Mouzer posted:

Deep Rock Galactic is dropping their boardgame adaption Feb 10th

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120302834/deep-rock-galactic-the-board-game?ref=profile_saved_projects_live

As a fan of the game, I'll be checking it out for sure

I'm psyched but I think the shipping is going to be a killer.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Infinitum posted:

No no no no

As I said before, I love hidden movement, so I'm excited to see some here I didn't know. I think I prefer Letters from Whitechapel to Whitehall Mystery, mainly because of the map, but I think the gameplay is much more refined in Whitehall. How is Hunt for the Ring?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Infinitum posted:

No, I'm likely to back it.

I think it's a smart decision for them to do a reprint off the back of SUSD review hype when demand is high.

A shockingly good response to getting some great coverage. I wish more companies would do this.

Incidentally, Long Shot the Dice Game is still shipping on time (just confirmed address) and is still open to late pledges.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/perplext/long-shot-the-dice-game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

How is Hunt for the Ring?

I have yet to get it to the table because ~covid~

I like the concept of it being in 2 parts, with flipping the board over. Shire to Bree, Bree to Rivendell.
It feels like it's going to end up somewhere between Whitehall + Fury in terms of complexity.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

always down for something impenetrably weird that no one will ever want to play with me ever

speaking of which wtf is the city of chaos reprint

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Buck Wildman posted:

always down for something impenetrably weird that no one will ever want to play with me ever

speaking of which wtf is the city of chaos reprint

Hopefully soon - this year. Allegedly.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Infinitum posted:

No no no no

Resurrection Games did its "old is new" thing on the classic hidden movement game Stop Thief! (1979). The new one is better than the original (there's an app rather than a handheld computer), but lighter in tone and gameplay than modern hidden movement games about murders and draculas, making it better for some young audiences. Also, because there's an app, it can be fully co-op.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:siren:

MIND MGMT is up!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

I always take this to mean "We're going to order in increments of 100/1000, and we don't want to get hosed."

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

and one of the tiers is for retailers

so, by "Kickstarter Exclusive" they just mean that it's not going into ongoing production

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah you’re both correct.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Got 0 hidden movement in the repertoire at the moment, reasonable to grab this one? I think I'm feeling it but I dunno how much is just SUSD hype.

E: well theres captain sonar but I don't think that really counts and it's impossible to get to the table anyway.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I got some helpful feedback on the Duck miniatures kickstarter, here's a new and IMHO better version:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/farflungfigures/755626343?ref=86dmx5&token=d14859aa

I also tried to explain VAT etc better.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 8, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

10 days is really not loving around on turn around time for a reprint. I'm all for it.

NmareBfly posted:

Got 0 hidden movement in the repertoire at the moment, reasonable to grab this one? I think I'm feeling it but I dunno how much is just SUSD hype.

As a huge hidden movement fan Mind MGMT is pretty up there in terms of complexity, but it looks like an absolute bop.

I would highly highly recommend Whitehall Mystery as a 'pure' hidden movement game that everyone should have in their collection

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 8, 2022

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I would highly highly recommend Whitehall Chapel as a 'pure' hidden movement game that everyone should have in their collection

Lol yes both of those games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ssssshhhh it's early and I haven't had my cuppa yet

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I have never played a hidden movement game, and as the bottom-quartile-intelligence, last-place-memory player at my table, having a heap of mechanics obfuscate my beeline makes this a good one to try out.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
The MIND MGMT backers update indicates that there's a strong chance (but uncertain) they'll be able to add the KS to their already scheduled March reprint, and if they can, they'd be delivering earlier than the estimated August 2022.

I have never had a KS deliver early, so that'd be a first.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Give me a kickstarter exclusive 2 foot tall ampersand expansion and we'll talk.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Looking forward to the Ice T and the rise of the numbericons board game.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Typing of the Dead crossover?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CitizenKeen posted:

The MIND MGMT backers update indicates that there's a strong chance (but uncertain) they'll be able to add the KS to their already scheduled March reprint, and if they can, they'd be delivering earlier than the estimated August 2022.

I have never had a KS deliver early, so that'd be a first.

If I remember right, Zombie Life Insurance delivered a month ahead of schedule. It's not at all common though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jedit posted:

If I remember right, Zombie Life Insurance delivered a month ahead of schedule. It's not at all common though.

Particularly in the middle of a pandemic.

I'm assuming it's because all the files are ready to rock and roll, they've already had the MPC from the previous campaign, so now they need to just Push Button Print Game and hope shipping doesn't get bone things over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

15hr warning on Bags and Playmats KS

Our group pledge is up to $589
- 5 mats each with their own protector bag (1 large, 2 medium, 2 small)
- 4 premium bags
- 4 lightweight bags

And only $14 total to ship it all out to to Australia.
Made out like a bandit :v:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Old London Bridge launched in between everything else, and it looks pretty neat.
$49 usd for the game
$32 shipping to Australia

Like gently caress man... It kinda looks like my jam, but gently caress that shipping cost entirely.