Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Ardennes posted:

Also, I am skeptical that Omicron is wiping out young people with vaccinations.

It doesn't have to kill your troops to make them ineffective in combat. Clinically mild covid can be brutal, "mild" just means you don't need supplemental oxygen. Not that I think Putin was about to invade, only to be halted by the heroic virus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Soldiers of European empires constantly died in Haiti from disease, but USA could still invade and take over the country when it wanted to.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/DerekJGrossman/status/1490759940276846593

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/fravel/status/1490505869494206465

lol that this is probably the real reason nobody wanted to join our diplomatic boycott

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wait wait sorry that tweet wasnt sufficiently sinophobic

https://mobile.twitter.com/RollandNadege/status/1490759219091488776

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Global politics were fine until the drat chinese invented schmoozing

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You start off in 2019 saying you "hate the government not the people" but by 2022 that doesn't cut it anymore. It backfires. So you start talking about Han supremacy, a culture of cheating and so on. Eventually you're saying "Uyghur, Uyghur, Uyghur" which is more direct than the culture stuff and a hell of a lot more direct than separating the state from the people. Over time you get less abstract and introduce the racial problem one way or another.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

libs are very confident of their worldview, especially when all major media are in lockstep promoting the same bullshit

I know I wont be successful in trying to deprogram my friends, but I still gotta try damnit

Try asking them why commies giving Uyghurs birth control and access to secular courts upsets them more than all the Muslim kids Obama killed in drone strikes

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

The markings of a modern metamorphosis of the ancient China tributary system are unmistakable.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Who is this clown?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Tankbuster posted:

Who is this clown?

quote:

National security and Indo-Pacific analysis @RANDCorporation

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

fart simpson posted:

there have been people on this very website who "threatened" to post xi pooh memes to lower my social credit score

the xi=pooh memes are one of those things where you clearly had to be there but nobody would possibly want to be wherever there is

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Meanwhile modi crying in parliament that the INC providing transport to people so that they could go home at the start of the COVID pandemic is what spread it.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I love how every act by any Chinese official is perceived as sinister. I'd imagine that Xo eating a sandwich would provoke comparisons to Hitler

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I love how every act by any Chinese official is perceived as sinister. I'd imagine that Xo eating a sandwich would provoke comparisons to Hitler

It's disgusting how xi jinping culturally appropriates western food culture

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Cpt_Obvious posted:

*Xi pets a dog* You know who else loved dogs???

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Doggo does a heckin genocide

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Chamale posted:

It doesn't have to kill your troops to make them ineffective in combat. Clinically mild covid can be brutal, "mild" just means you don't need supplemental oxygen. Not that I think Putin was about to invade, only to be halted by the heroic virus.

Most of those troops will be in their 20s and vaccinated; if bar hoppers in Moscow aren’t being incapacitated, I really doubt the troops are. I am sure they are being exposed to Omicron but I am more doubtful it is seriously creating more havoc than any other army.

(Also, they aren’t actually out there in tents but mostly already existing barracks or temporary housing.)

Anyway, it really doesn’t make sense for Russia to withdrawal its troops in a game of brinkmanship especially since Nordstream 2 is slowly still moving ahead.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 22:52 on Feb 7, 2022

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

we live in a deranged country lol.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
stealing fish technology

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PawParole posted:

amerikkkans are some of the most retarded people on this planet

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/housetrotter/status/1489781444926914567

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

cenotaph posted:

*Xi pets a dog* You know who else loved dogs???

me! I feel so seen!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Buck Wildman posted:

me! I feel so seen!

So you admit that you're a hitler? This is so easy :smuggo:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

PawParole posted:

social credits jokes are the racist version of "i identify as an attack helicopter" jokes and are equally as lame and unoriginal

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

cenotaph posted:

So you admit that you're a hitler? This is so easy :smuggo:

the money I've saved on haircuts alone lemme tell ya

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

PawParole posted:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

surely they are over 70% if they have many of these obvious matryoshka troops

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

PawParole posted:

was watching figure skating last night and the announcers (tara lipinski and johnny weir) were going on and on about how much hate a chinese figure skater is/was getting on "chinese twitter" because she wasn't doing very well

i mean i don't doubt it but come on this happens to every spotlight athlete this isn't unique

it's like all the focus peng shui hasn't gotten and it's like how can we talk when US gymnastics had larry FUCKIN nassar on staff for nearly 2 decades

(if this is what about ism, guess what i love whataboutism)

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 23:06 on Feb 7, 2022

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

quote:

That's loving shameless, imagine training all your life, just for that greasy oval office to come along and shithouse you over.

I'm really mad about speed skating! A sport that I've always loved until the greasy Chinese ruined it!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I thought it was italians who were greasy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/tassagency_en/status/1490709702354907142

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Snake Dance posted:

I'm really mad about speed skating! A sport that I've always loved until the greasy Chinese ruined it!

also again it can't be said enough, while I agree it's kinda 50/50 if she hit the disk on purpose or if her hand just bumped it and if she did that's not cool at all but the thing they're mad about especially is that the canadian team got penalized, but they got penalized for an illegal lane change which is a thing that genuinely causes horrific injuries in skating like this. Like, imagine an entire lane of bodies falling over at high speed clumped together with razors on their feet.

It's almost like these loving morons don't actually know poo poo about dick but just saw a Chinese person being possibly underhanded and just started beating off and screaming!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

libs are very confident of their worldview, especially when all major media are in lockstep promoting the same bullshit

I know I wont be successful in trying to deprogram my friends, but I still gotta try damnit

i hear some places have camps for that kinda stuff

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lmao

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Only the serb can defeat chen.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

china IS srjbia!!!!!

Some Guy TT