Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Supposedly the skins are also tradeable so the pro move is to make 30 steam accounts and buy 30 platinum packs, 1 of each class for yourself and 1 of each class to sell on the auction house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Are they? I've been hearing all over the place that the devs said they're bound to account.

As per LostArkHub:

quote:

Once the game launches, you’ll receive an account-bound avatar chest. This can be opened by any class once you unlock an advanced class. Once you open it, however, the avatar will be bound to that character – so choose carefully!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Ah are they account-bound then? My info was just random people on reddit and youtube talking about how it is on the KR/RU servers and they expected to be able to buy the platinum skins from other players after release.

edit: I guess we'll find out tomorrow and then there will be a few more days for people to decide whether to buy in or change their pack level.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bagrada posted:

Ah are they account-bound then? My info was just random people on reddit and youtube talking about how it is on the KR/RU servers and they expected to be able to buy the platinum skins from other players after release.

edit: I guess we'll find out tomorrow and then there will be a few more days for people to decide whether to buy in or change their pack level.
They weren't account bound on other servers but they will be on this version.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Follow your fellow goons if you would like something smaller and more chill than the big time creators that will abandon the game by next week anyways for Horizon Forbidden West, and Elden Ring. Also be sure to follow our fellow SA admin, Pragmatica

Uhh... Yes, I am also a content creator partner and will have drops enabled starting on Feb 11th. I will be streaming daily starting tomorrow at launch (unless I am stuck in a queue).

Edit: Just as an FYI... I am not some sort of crazy streamer person. I do it for friends who are around and wanna play games and chat at the same time. So, don't expect "a show" or whatever. I am NOT a professional streamer at all with no desire to be one, and it is just a hobby thing.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

If I watch you folks will I get a sweet hoverboard?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sgbyou posted:

If I watch you folks will I get a sweet hoverboard?

I think for that you have to watch one of the big creators that is involved in the contest they are doing.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

Well that's stupid.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

In case anyone hasn't been keeping up in the Discord, the US-East guild will probably not be on Regulos after all since Asmon commented on his stream today that he was probably going there. He also said he'd just pick a server at random at launch but between that and Regulos trending up to having the most guilds going there on various Reddit polls and stuff, so there's currently an ongoing poll to select a different server.

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

I'll miss launch by a couple hours thanks to work but I'm hoping to at least get some names I want. :ohdear:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Reminder that preload is available

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

In case anyone hasn't been keeping up in the Discord, the US-East guild will probably not be on Regulos after all since Asmon commented on his stream today that he was probably going there. He also said he'd just pick a server at random at launch but between that and Regulos trending up to having the most guilds going there on various Reddit polls and stuff, so there's currently an ongoing poll to select a different server.

Yeah it would be a very good idea to avoid the server he decides to play on. Him and his community are toxic as gently caress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tugboat Willy posted:

I'll miss launch by a couple hours thanks to work but I'm hoping to at least get some names I want. :ohdear:

I hope tomorrow is a bit more quiet compared to work today for me. Hoping to get in a little bit of play time during my work hours since I am at home, but I doubt that'll happen. I don't think i'll get to play until tomorrow night when I am ready to stream.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I got all of my meetings done rapid fire today, ya boy has an empty schedule tomorrow bby

Don't get me wrong I'm technically still supposed to do things but lol

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Release notes were posted: https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/launch-release-notes

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
do the packs contain anything good other than founder skins and stuff?

i was just going to get the silver pack to try and keep my initial investment low.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Right now I am between Beserker and Gunlancer. How :torgue: is the latter?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
My load is ready.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Gunlancer is very good and wanted in parties but appears to be oversaturated in other regions if that's a concern. That being said no one really knows what people are going to play.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Power Pass / Adventurers Path

Power Passes allow players to progress already-experienced content quickly on additional characters, so more classes and content can be experienced. There are two ways a Power Pass will be provided to Adventurers:

Method #1

When the player completes the Main Quest (Ealyn's Gift) from North Vern, a single Vern Power Pass Token will be provided via in-game mail.

Method #2

A second Power Pass is granted if a player watches cutscenes and cinematics all the way through.

I hope there's a checklist or something that tracks what cutscenes you have missed / skipped, because I am going to be skipping all that poo poo on my first character.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I decided to buy the bronze pack due mainly to the cute cat pet suckering me in. Did EU/UK goons decide on a server at all?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

As an Old, am I understanding correctly that I'm supposed to log in on twitch and leave "your" (meaning anyone who is eligible) stream on for a certain period of time and I will get free stuff?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Figure out your alts NOW. The game is throwing Power passes/ knowledge transfers at us. You could easily have 4-5 alts ready to rock within a week.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

As an Old, am I understanding correctly that I'm supposed to log in on twitch and leave "your" (meaning anyone who is eligible) stream on for a certain period of time and I will get free stuff?

Being old is fine buddy:

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/how-to-claim-lost-ark-twitch-drops-1691918/

They're called Twitch Drops.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I'll probably tune in to you people. I like to always have a stream running while gaming (even when I'm streaming myself) and it's nice to find new goon streams.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zotix posted:

Figure out your alts NOW. The game is throwing Power passes/ knowledge transfers at us. You could easily have 4-5 alts ready to rock within a week.

Saving one of mine for the Lancer class :getin:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that Asmongold is definitely overblown in terms of his toxicity and his fan base are pretty well meaning, they're just largely NEETs and therefore don't have a ton of social tact, not that anyone is really talking about that but idk about not rolling on an entire server just because Asmongold might be on there...

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Taima posted:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that Asmongold is definitely overblown in terms of his toxicity and his fan base are pretty well meaning, they're just largely NEETs and therefore don't have a ton of social tact, not that anyone is really talking about that but idk about not rolling on an entire server just because Asmongold might be on there...

Yeah I don't think being on his server would really matter much ingame but thousands of extra people hammering that server at launch just makes the queues that much more likely and bad.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I don't know the game very well but I already see people calling the game dead on arrival because they made the grind too easy so now CASUALS!!! can get to end game content. Won't anyone think of the poor poopsocking grinders

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thank you friend

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I didn't get to play this all that much in the beta, but using a controller felt a little clunky as a gunlancer - though that may have been more the overall interface than the class itself. If not, is there a class that works well with one?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I don't know the game very well but I already see people calling the game dead on arrival because they made the grind too easy so now CASUALS!!! can get to end game content. Won't anyone think of the poor poopsocking grinders

They are ignoring the fact that people actually need to fight end-game bosses and win. Which ummm I don't see happening for a lot of people.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

acumen posted:

I didn't get to play this all that much in the beta, but using a controller felt a little clunky as a gunlancer - though that may have been more the overall interface than the class itself. If not, is there a class that works well with one?

It looks like Wardancer is broadly considered to be one of the most simple, you might want to start there if you like the concept of the class itself.

Btw is anyone having trouble with the founders packs on Amazon? I got a platinum pack in a moment of weakness, but now it just says Pending and I bought it like an hour ago.

Kind of concerning. I assume everyone else was smart and just bought theirs on Steam eh? If anyone did buy it on Amazon, do you have your pack yet?

The only reason I bought it on Amazon is in the off chance that the 5% cash back prime card ends up working (it probably won't, but there didn't seem to be a downside) but now im just sitting here unsure if and when I'll even get the pack... sigh...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope there's a checklist or something that tracks what cutscenes you have missed / skipped, because I am going to be skipping all that poo poo on my first character.

Crisis averted

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

How fast is it to unpack/decrypt preloads? People seem to complain it takes forever and its faster to just download it when it launches.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

doomisland posted:

How fast is it to unpack/decrypt preloads? People seem to complain it takes forever and its faster to just download it when it launches.

my experience with unpacking is that if your internet is great and the game is like, a reasonable size (like I'm sure Lost Ark is) its faster to download it

If your internet is kinda garbo, its best to preload and unpack

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The preload was like 57gb. I probably average 8mb/s down and have a decent hard drive so I think I'm gonna go with the decrypt.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

hey i heard this game might be fun i sure would like to play with some fun havers

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

eonwe posted:

my experience with unpacking is that if your internet is great and the game is like, a reasonable size (like I'm sure Lost Ark is) its faster to download it

If your internet is kinda garbo, its best to preload and unpack

i was grabbing it at 100MB/s so maybe I should delete and just DL it then. Took me maybe 11 minutes to download?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Btw is anyone having trouble with the founders packs on Amazon? I got a platinum pack in a moment of weakness, but now it just says Pending and I bought it like an hour ago.

Kind of concerning. I assume everyone else was smart and just bought theirs on Steam eh? If anyone did buy it on Amazon, do you have your pack yet?

The only reason I bought it on Amazon is in the off chance that the 5% cash back prime card ends up working (it probably won't, but there didn't seem to be a downside) but now im just sitting here unsure if and when I'll even get the pack... sigh...

Mine came through this morning but I ordered it last week. Hopefully yours comes though by tomorrow.